Author Topic: Pie Craft  (Read 14878 times)

Burned

Pie Craft
« on: July 09, 2009, 12:04:46 PM »
Let's not forget this game!!! For those of you who don't remember, here are the rules:

1. You must use an object the last poster provided to get the pie, in the form of a story. Do not make it boring, e.g. I traded a chair for a pie. Make it as interesting as possible.
2. Once you achieve the pie, choose an object of your own to provide to the next poster.

I'm going to start by using a bathroom mirror.

I was looking at myself in the reflection of my bathroom mirror. Suddenly, my reflection was talking to me:

Reflection: Ice_Eagle, break the mirror. NOW.
Ice_Eagle: Why?
Reflection: There is a prize awaiting for you behind me.
Ice_Eagle: You sure? Or is this some kind of hoax-
Reflection: BREAK ME OPEN NOW!!!

I angrily smashed the mirror open, to see a mouth-watering chocolate pie!

Next object: an old camera

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
Re: Pie Craft
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 04:47:44 AM »
I walk into a bakery where the baker is baking a pie in his oven.  Just as he is about to take it out, I ask him to take my picture using an old-fashioned camera.  He doesn't know how to use it properly and ends up using too much flash powder.  The subsequent explosion knocks him out, and while he is on the floor, I run off with the pie he had in the oven.  By the time the baker recovers, I have already eaten the pie.

Next object:  A laundry basket

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 06:35:35 AM »
A pie fell from the sky.  I was carrying a laundry basket and the pie landed in it.  Then I ate pie and re-washed clothes.

A large percentage fiction there, of course.

Next object:  A paper with the first 100 digits of pi written on it

Burned

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 04:00:35 PM »
I looked at a paper with the first 100 digits of pi written on it. Then I examined it some more.

Soon, I came with the realization that the first 100 digits of pi can create a whole pie! I then used geometry to draw a circle on the 100 digits, then put it in a magic oven.

Pi minutes later, I opened the oven to see, to my satisfaction, a pie.

(Yeah, I know, it's a weird story. Sorry.)

A frog

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 09:22:11 PM »
A frog went to catch a fly.  He had a pie stuck to his tongue.  Surprisingly enough,  we were able to find someone who wasn't grossed out by where the pie came from and ate it anyways.

A Mac

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 08:42:05 AM »
I take the Mac to the scrap metal collectors, and in exchange, get /just/ enough money to buy a pie.

Next item: Miley Cyrus
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Burned

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 06:27:51 AM »
One day, I confronted Miley Cyrus as she was trying her (not-so-very) best to improve her singing.

Miley: Wow, a blue bird! And you look...cool....
Ice_Eagle: Miley, whatever.
Miley: You can talk?
Ice_Eagle: Yes.

I then morphed into a human.

Miley: WOW!!! Uh...can we hang out together? I want to get to know you better.
Ice_Eagle: After what you did to Radiohead? No way, Jose.
Miley: HEY!!!!! THAT'S IT! I'M GOING TO RUIN YOU LIKE I RUINED THEM!!!!!

Then she sang with her annoying vice again. Lemmings came over with these signs:

:spam: :disagree:

In fact, one of the Lemmings, Terry, threw a Durian pie on her face.

Terry: Get out, now!
Ice_Eagle: What about that pie? It looks delicious!
Terry: You can buy it in that pie shop behind me! Run, before Miley ruins us!!!

So I ran off into the pie shop and bought myself a Chocolate Pie to my satisfaction.

A ruby the size of a hand

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 01:46:56 PM »
I trade it for a pie the size of a planet. And eat it.

Next item: Your own mother.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 07:33:55 PM »
I ask her nicely to bake me a pie. After a brief trip to the shop down the road, we return home. A few hours later there is pie for dinner, Shepherd's pie, to be precise. Delicious.

A cup of tea.

(Namida, trading the item isn't allowed. Too boring, as hypocritical as that may sound. =P I brought this game here, by the way.)

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 03:54:31 AM »
I accidentally spill a cup of tea on the dining room floor.  Before I have a chance to clean up the mess, my sister comes charging in from the kitchen with the pie that she stole from my mother as she was taking it out of the oven.  She slips and falls on the wet floor and the pie goes flying across the room... right into my hands!

An aluminum can

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 08:01:26 AM »
The aluminum can claimed to contain green beans, but upon opening it, it was a pie!  At the bottom of the can there was a piece of paper with every known digit of pi written on it.

(Namida, trading the item isn't allowed. Too boring, as hypocritical as that may sound. =P I brought this game here, by the way.)

Tell me where the rules say that.

The python programming language.

Burned

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 03:43:08 PM »
I wasn't the originator of the game. Chmera was. The rules were just to refresh our memory. However, I myself didn't know that trading items for pies is not allowed. I guess I should add the rule now. Check the very first post.

Anyways, continuing:

I have no idea how to decode a code using the Python programming language. So I used a computer techie to use the Python programming language to decode the code.  After decoding, the code said:

FREE PIE BEHIND ME!

I then smashed the computer monitor open, to see a pie awaiting for me.

Computer Techie: Well, don't I deserve some too?
Ice_Eagle: No. All mine.
Computer Techie: But I was the one who helped you, and yet you're being so ungratefeul? Come on!

I grabbed the pie and ran away, with the Computer Techie chasing me.

A solar eclipse

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 03:54:12 PM »
During the eclipse, the sun turned into a pie and fell to Earth.  I ate it.

A lemming.

Burned

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 04:01:43 PM »
There was a tempting pie in a very small hole. I had my lemming build up to the hole, then had him find the switch to open up a bigger hole. After the hole opened, I got my pie, and shared it with the lemming.

Computer Techie: WHAT ABOUT ME ??

Surprised, I got the pie and the lemming, and ran away.

A castle

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 04:05:20 PM »
The castle, happened to be owned by many corporate CEOS, was anti pie.  Somebody transformed it into a video game and then many tanks destroyed the castle.  The pie was saved and eaten.

A keyboard.

Burned

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 04:16:25 PM »
As the lemming and I were running from the Techie, we found a piece of paper on the ground that said Python on it. Huh, I wondered, what did that mean?

The lemming and I ran back home and locked all doors. We then found another computer that needed a keyboard. On the screen was a code. I plugged the keyboard in.

Computer: ENTER YOUR CODE HERE.
I then typed Python in.
Computer: ACCESS GRANTED.

The computer opened itself up to give me another pie! Satisfied that the Computer Techie will not be receiving any, the lemming and I ate it together. I kept the lemming as my pet, and named it Epic.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2009, 06:56:34 PM »
Then Ice_Eagle provided me with a free pie by forgetting to tell me what I had to use.

By the way, guys, compare this to a Hello World program written in C!

Hello World Program in Python
print "Hello World"

Now you must get a pie... with... A MICROWAVE!

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2009, 11:58:36 PM »
I put a lemon, some dough, and a plate into the microwave and set it for 3 minutes and 14 seconds.  When the timer runs out, I open the door and find a lemon meringue pie!

A rocking chair

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2009, 12:13:38 AM »
The rocking chair had a pie rocking on it.  I ate it.

A pair of speakers

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2009, 01:20:55 AM »
  I use the speakers to create a sort of miniature version of Live Aid in the town centre. I ask for pies to give to starving children in Africa. Naturally, I only got one.

A speech bubble.

Burned

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2009, 03:18:26 PM »
Then Ice_Eagle provided me with a free pie by forgetting to tell me what I had to use.

:-[ !!!!

Whoops. Sorry about that. Thanks for reminding me, Dullstar! Sometimes, even I can be forgetful.  :(

Anyways...

Epic the Lemming and I sat together thinking of what to do to get another pie. A speech bubble popped up on my head. Then a pie appeared, and fell out of the bubble! Epic and I proceeded to eat it-

Computer Techie: ICE_EAGLE! I WANT MY PIE!

The speech bubble popped up another pie. I then opened the door, and splatted it in the Computer Techie's face. Not only was it all over him, but due to the outer shell of the Durian, he was in a world of hurt. I then slammed the door on him.

Five M&M's

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2009, 06:20:38 PM »
These M&M's transformed into a pie.  However, I was too annoyed at the Computer Techie, so I did Ice_Eagle a favor by throwing them all at the Computer Techie, who proceeded to get deleted when his computer had a BSOD.  Obviously it wasn't running Mac OS X or Linux.

Before being deleted, the Techie admitted he used only C++.

A piece of software that can run on any non-Windows platform that creates pies.

Burned

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2009, 01:04:24 AM »
Seeing that I only have a Windows, I buy a Macbook Air Pro, then charged it at home. After that, I installed the software that creates pies on the Macbook.

It was totally awesome. The pies are fully customizable. You could add a whole variety of ingredients to make the pie. So I tried to make it as delicious as possible. Here's what I added:

Chocolate, with layers of strawberry jam in-between, some M&M's and bits of Chips Ahoy cookies, and icing on top.

I had the software make the said pie. Then the Macbook opened up a magic portal on the monitor, and I got the pie. I got the phone, and invited Dullstar over to my house, to show my gratitude on how he took out the Computer Techie and gave me the software. So I shared the pie with him and my pet Epic.

A talkative blue butterfly

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2009, 03:21:36 AM »
Seeing as Ice_Eagle and I were still messing around with the software, the butterfly was there as well.

The butterfly would not shut up about these "flower growing compounds that make ugly yet delicious flowers."  Everyone got so annoyed at the butterfly after it talked for five days...  WITHOUT STOPPING FOR ANYTHING.  However, an update was created to the software that allowed us to turn objects into pies, so we turned the butterfly into a pie and shared it.  We even invited Tux over from another thread.

A mysterious piece of software, Windows only, that destroys pies.
NOTE:  You don't use the software to get the pie, you get around its effects.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2009, 04:42:32 PM »
I reformat my computer many times. Despite this, the software keeps coming back and destroying pies. So, I try a desperate measure, and install Linux. No luck, it seems this distro has WINE. I try everything to get it to stop working. I have one pie left. Then, I get a great idea. It takes a huge sacrifice that leaves me feeling as if part of my life is missing, but I manage to shut the program down by pressing the computers' "Off" button. I tearfully eat my one last pie.

Next item: A menthol cigarette.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2009, 09:23:17 PM »
This menthol cigarette scared the general public.  They began throwing expired pies at it as they forced all bakers to make many pies.

Note that I don't think WINE can load a program on boot up like that.  I might be wrong.  A program that is installed on Windows has to be installed on WINE to work in that, as well.

Google

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2009, 12:07:57 AM »
I google Yahoo, then Yahoo another search engine, and so on until I've gone through about 20. At this point, I realise it'd be more efficient to just directly search for a pie rather than trying to search for another engine that can search for pies, and indeed, find one.

A Domino's pizza 3 for the price of 2 voucher
My Lemmings projects

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2009, 03:08:45 AM »
Not knowing what to do with this voucher, since I wouldn't be able to eat them all, I used the pie software's patch that allowed it to turn objects into pies to get a pie for my voucher instead.

A computer that runs every version of every operating system known to mankind.

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2009, 03:50:24 AM »
I turned on my computer and told it to run DOS.  Unfortunately, it crashed every time I tried to play Lemmings  So I opened up the machine and found a pie inside.  The pie was getting in the way of some of the circuitry, so I took it out and ate it.  Afterwards, Lemmings worked just fine.

A billiard ball

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2009, 07:30:09 AM »
This billiard ball was causing trouble.  I don't know why.
I picked up the ball...  and threw it at the moon.
Then the moon revealed that it was just a pie.
Then someone woke up crying.  Then moon had just ejected fifteen thousand pies.
Then it was the moon again.
No one knows why.

A clock.

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2009, 08:31:51 PM »
At 1:00, a bird popped out of my clock.  "Cuckoo!"
At 2:00, the bird popped out of my clock again.  "Cuckoo! Cuckoo!"
At 3:00, the bird popped out again.  "Cuckoo! Cuckoo! Cu... Cough... Excuse me.  Cuckoo!"

"What happened to you?" I asked.
The bird replied, "Sorry, I nearly choked on a piece of pie.  It's hard to cuckoo with your mouth full!"

I peeked inside the clock, and indeed the bird was dining on a pie for a mid-afternoon snack.  It was much more than the tiny bird could eat, so I took the pie and left him a small portion.

A grain of salt

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2009, 09:41:30 PM »
Some random person came and said, "I'll give you a pie if you can help me find a use for this grain of salt."

Dullstar:  Try adding it to some fries or something.  It helps if you can find more grains, by the way, but that should be easy.

Random Person:  Thanks.

He gave me the pie.

An expired pie that tasted horrible must be used by the next person to get the pie...

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2009, 10:02:35 PM »
Oh come on, that's too easy. Quick switch when the shopkeeper's not looking. :)

Next item: A Barack Obama action figure
My Lemmings projects

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2009, 11:52:46 PM »
The action figure was life sized.  A passerby was amazed.  They thought it was really him.  It didn't even move or speak, and didn't look terribly real, but the passerby really thought that it was a good idea to give Barack Obama a pie.

When I saw this, I said, "Ooookay."

I figured it rightfully belonged to Obama in that case, so I mailed it to him.

A giant Muppet

When pointing to specific characters from movies/books/non-lemmings games, I prefer to post a reference link.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2009, 06:45:19 PM »
We have some newer members, so I'm bumping this for them.

The muppet fell over and broke its back.  Wanting to see what was inside a muppet, I rip the muppet open and find a pie.  Then I repair the hole, and the muppet thanked me for getting rid of, ". . . that heavy saucer that kept making me fall over."

Mozilla Firefox

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2009, 01:53:12 AM »
Before playing any forum games, please read the first post and then read the most recent post.  Thank you.

Burned

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2010, 02:30:26 PM »
I will continue from Dullstar.

Using Mozilla Firefox, I went to amazon.com to order myself a Chocolate Pie. It only cost two dollars, so I went ahead and had it delivered to me in a day.

Next Item to use: A Glacier

Offline Liebatron

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2010, 12:57:08 AM »
Well that's simple. Use ice from it to cryogenically preserve yourself on it, and let it run its course. By the time the thing finally melts and you thaw out, the glacier will have carved out a nice depression; and there'll be this nice little lake with a nearby town and a quaint little bakery with a brick chimney that just makes the best pies you ever had. I'll sell the frozen caveman next to me to a museum for a few million dollars, and use the funds from that to buy a pie.

Next Item: Franz Kafka

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2010, 03:59:20 AM »
Uhh who this Franz Kafka?
I don't evan know this guy
Franz:Your right on the name.Yum Rasberry pie
*Tweet Tweet*
Is that a bird
I'll feed him some pie
Come sit by Franz
@ 4:00pm the bird ate two pies and grew 2 Sizes
@ 6:00pm the bird ate seven pies and grew 8 sizes
@ 7:30pmThe bird ate ten pies and grew 10 sizes
@ 8:00pm the bird Tried to eat me It was 25ft
luckly i got out Franz run! Theres a man eating pie bird on the loose!...
Next:man eating pie bird on the loose!...

Burned

« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2010, 06:59:37 AM »
I saw the man-eating pie bird. The bird was heading straight for me!  :scared:

However, I countered this by getting a flamethrower. I then fired the flamethrower on the bird, burning it into a crisp. It turned into a pie in this manner, since the bird required fire to be turned into a pie. I then proceeded to share it with my pet lemming.

Next item: An aquarium

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2011, 07:06:35 PM »
Take the aquarium and fill it with water.  Find some fish and begin raising fish in it.  After that open a shop selling pet fish and use the money from it to go buy a pie.

The moon.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2011, 03:06:52 PM »
I tie a huge rope around the moon and pull it towards Earth. I take advantage of its gravity to pull pies towards it, and when it's gathered a large selection, I carefully pick out one that appeals to me.

Next item: LemEdit.
My Lemmings projects