Author Topic: Lemmings (DOS) exe Remake...  (Read 1836 times)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
Lemmings (DOS) exe Remake...
« on: July 07, 2009, 01:42:33 AM »
I was looking on the old forums, and buried deep in one board there was a topic about modifying ODDTABLE.DAT, and in that EricLang asked if ccexplore's hack was still around.  I still have it, so if ccexplore is okay with it and people want it, I could try and find somewhere to upload it.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings (DOS) exe Remake...
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 03:43:27 AM »
I have no problem with it being uploaded, but if I recall, I put out a few different versions of that EXE.  It started off with a change that removes the use of oddtable.dat and allow 10 levels rather than just 8 to be used per levelXXX.dat, in a more logical order than the "random" way levels get scattered in the original levelXXX.dat files.  But then I think I also started to uploaded various versions that has some of the glitches fixed, including the giant leap (aka "sliding") glitch.  Do you know which version of the EXE you have?

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 05:02:49 AM »
No.  However, I don't mind uploading whatever version I do have.  However, I could upload it and give you a link so you can find out for yourself.

I don't know how to execute the giant leap glitch, so I wouldn't be able to find out.  Mr. K *might* know.  He's the one who got it for me, if I recall correctly.  I've had it lying around for quite a while.  If I knew which one I had originally, I could check created dates, but I don't think that would be very useful.  Unless someone else made another one, the one I have has the executable name of "LEMRMAKE.EXE" if that's of any help to you.

EDIT:  I just thought of something.  I could run a search on the computer for a README file if one existed, but that's only if it had the files.  I doubt that if I readme was there, I would have copied it every time I copied the .exe to a new directory.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 06:20:51 PM »
I uploaded the hack to the file portal.

Download