Author Topic: General Comings and Goings  (Read 152103 times)

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Re: General Comings and Goings
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2014, 10:34:53 PM »
I'm away on holiday from tomorrow til Tuesday, with no guarantee of internet access (and other things to do even if I have it ;))

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 29, 2014, 11:58:39 PM »
Out of curiosity, is this just personal vacation, or is there some sort of Kiwi national holiday around this time?  (Hmm, apparently Chinese New Year is also around the corner but presumably that's just coincidence.)

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2014, 01:00:54 AM »
Have fun, Clam!

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2014, 01:10:58 AM »
Out of curiosity, is this just personal vacation, or is there some sort of Kiwi national holiday around this time?  (Hmm, apparently Chinese New Year is also around the corner but presumably that's just coincidence.)

There's a (minor) event on, but really this is just an excuse for an extended weekend break :)

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2014, 08:06:39 AM »
I posted this on the IRC about a week ago - in fact, I got the call the day after I posted my plan for ClamLix :D. But now the timing is confirmed, so here it is for everyone:

New job. New town. Leaving home (cue mad rush to my profile page to check my age :P).

Essentially, new life. Starting in two weeks.

Where Lemmings fits in is anyone's guess. But this place is my home on the internet, and level designing is my #1 creative outlet, so I have no intention of abandoning either. :)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2014, 09:03:11 PM »
Exciting.  Good luck on your new life! ;)

I'm sure you will at least find time to post on a forum game or two, although hopefully it won't come to that point (then again maybe it's a good thing depending on what you have going in non-Lemmings part of life).

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2014, 09:38:47 PM »
Congrats on the new life, Clam. :thumbsup: Hope it gets off to a flying start!

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 28, 2014, 09:02:43 AM »
Hello again! *waves*

Things have settled to the point where I feel I have time for Lemmings again :). And the forums work. And my internet works. Fun times :P

Now seems like a good time for a change that, frankly, has been coming for a while (i.e. everyone calls me this by now anyway) :). Plus a new addition to the Beach Clam avatar gallery :D

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 29, 2014, 07:06:19 AM »
Well, it was never in doubt that you are no spammer, but the lack of a victim in your latest avatar is somewhat of a (small) letdown...... :-\

...hmm maybe spam (as in the meat product) should be the latest victim depicted in the avatar, for logical/symbolic reasons. ;P

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2014, 02:40:55 AM »
I'm going on vacation in the US for two weeks, departing a week from now. Not the time of year I'd have picked to go to Arizona, but there are family reasons behind this (of the happy variety, not that other sort :))

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2014, 02:43:11 AM »
Nice - hope all goes well. :thumbsup:

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2014, 11:18:40 PM »
Hi Clam,

I bet you are going to go and see the grand canyon.  :thumbsup:

Hope you have good time in america.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 21, 2014, 01:51:37 AM »
If you do see the Grand canyon or any national parks there; I recommend it; they are pretty spectacular.

Just keep in mind; it's extremely hot; especially this time of year. Of course maybe it's that hot in NZ for all I know.
while your there; [if this is a thing that they don't have in NZ, I know it's sort of rare in my area] try corndogs!
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2014, 10:45:12 AM »
Grand Canyon is definitely on the to-do list :)
It most certainly is not that hot here in NZ (different hemisphere = opposite season). It's 40°C there and more like 40°F here!
And we have corndogs here, but we call them hotdogs. And what they call hotdogs we just call a sausage. (I'm working on learning the "US English" language :P)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2014, 11:02:18 PM »
(I'm working on learning the "US English" language :P)

Off to a great start with the cantaloupe/rockmelon bit--now you know our buffet fruit salads. ;P