Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Kapus

#1
Oh that's so adorable! I want one!
#2
Lemmings Main / Re: The Lemmings Iceberg
August 24, 2026, 12:30:50 PM
The most obscure thing on the iceberg that I recognize is the japanese lemming nudity, which isn't nearly as scandalous as it sounds!

I don't recognize anything past the 6 layer. I'm really curious what so many of these could be referring to.
#3
Thank you for the reply! I'm less familiar with PICO-8 so I wasn't aware (though I have friends who are big nerds about it).

I'll definitely take my time running through the levels in this port. Good food for my Lemmings cravings, lol.
#4
This is such a cute project! Giving it a try myself, I see some of the level solutions have been altered a bit (tried my favorite level, It's Hero Time, and was caught off guard by things being different), but it's fun and refreshing. I also see a lot of levels I don't quite recognize, but considering a lot of the lemmings ports have unique levels, I assume that these levels are from ports I'm unfamiliar with. If they're fully original, then that's super cool!

Speaking of ports, I see that this project takes a lot of cues from the SNES port of lemmings. I grew up playing that a lot, so that put a big smile on my face. The music conversions are all very cute and the minimalistic pixel art works real nice. I also appreciate the way the game tracks your progress while on the level select, it's very effective while taking up very little UI space. Well done!

Not being able to select or assign skills while paused also makes this very hard--you really have to act fast!


I noticed that there are both player 1 and player 2 controls in this release, yet no 2 player levels. What's the purpose of player 2?
#5
Lemmini / Re: [DISC] Rewind button?
August 24, 2026, 11:48:18 AM
I don't personally find it very necessary. The replay feature already lightens the weight of most execution-based mistakes. It's really slow on longer levels, yeah, but I'd rather have a faster speed up button than a rewind.

#6
Been in a Tales Of mood lately so I've been giving Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology a try on PSP. It's pretty alright, I like the job system, but the gameplay gets surprisingly monotonous. The amount of strategies you can really deploy in battles is minimal and dungeon crawling is pretty slow, especially when it's tight corridors full of unavoidable enemies.

Seeing my favorite characters together in a goofy crossover makes it worth it though. Definitely the main selling point of the game. Hopefully the later games in the series make the gameplay more tasty, but, eh, I'll see.

Would help if it was multiplayer though--I'm so used to Tales games being multiplayer RPG fun, playing a single player one is surprisingly lonely!
#7
Lemmings Main / Re: Thoughts on "3D lemmings"?
August 23, 2026, 03:21:44 AM
I had it as a kid but I thought it was a little too convoluted and confusing to play. Definitely didn't like it as much as the original Lemmings games or even Paintball. I haven't played it since then, though, I'm interested in going back to it now that I have about 20 years of distance from my original experience.

The soundtrack is stellar though, I still listen to it to this day.
#8
Lemmini / Re: SUNSOFT Levels on Lemmini?
August 23, 2026, 03:15:32 AM
Thank you so much for understanding and for the warm welcome! I haven't been on a forum in about 12 years so I get a bit nervous about following etiquette.

I am happy and excited to be here!
#9
Lemmini / Re: SUNSOFT Levels on Lemmini?
August 22, 2026, 03:54:58 AM
Never mind! I had been running Super Lemmini this whole time without realizing that RetroLemini comes with the SUNSOFT levels baked in already. Sorry for the needless post!
#10
Fan Corner / Re: Another miner from old MS paint
August 22, 2026, 02:18:04 AM
Oh that's cute! Seeing people make Lemmings fanart in the 2020s fills me with joy.
#11
Lemmini / SUNSOFT Levels on Lemmini?
August 22, 2026, 02:11:52 AM
Hello. I recently finished Lemmings and Oh No More Lemmings on SuperLemmini and was wondering if the SNES/Genesis Sunsoft levels were playable on SuperLemmini or RetroLemmini. I played the Sunsoft Lemmings games a lot when I was a kid, so I was hoping I could try them here. I searched the forums for any posts or topics about them but had no luck, so I figured I would ask. I'm sorry if it is a silly question, I am still pretty new to these Lemmings ports.

I'm grateful for any help!