Author Topic: NeoLemmix (Player: V1.26n-C | Editor: V1.26n-B)  (Read 124583 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Re: NeoLemmix (Player: V1.25n-B | Editor: V1.25n-A)
« Reply #525 on: November 09, 2014, 01:04:42 AM »
There is an issue with the objects when I use the Traditional CustLemmix test mode in the NeoLemmix Editor; it is that the objects end up moving a bit to the left when I play them in test mode. It might be a similar issue to an error I reported regarding objects moving left when playing a VGASPEC mode.

Assign All + Disobedience: The first lemming assigned shrugs, but when you click him the second time to assign the skill, all other lemmings shrug. Shouldn't all lemmings shrug?

Very great job with the highlight lemming, it definitely will be an extremely helpful tool, especially in levels with crowded lemmings. However, if i press "B" to go back, the arrow disappears.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #526 on: November 09, 2014, 03:28:32 AM »
There is an issue with the objects when I use the Traditional CustLemmix test mode in the NeoLemmix Editor; it is that the objects end up moving a bit to the left when I play them in test mode. It might be a similar issue to an error I reported regarding objects moving left when playing a VGASPEC mode.

Assign All + Disobedience: The first lemming assigned shrugs, but when you click him the second time to assign the skill, all other lemmings shrug. Shouldn't all lemmings shrug?

Very great job with the highlight lemming, it definitely will be an extremely helpful tool, especially in levels with crowded lemmings. However, if i press "B" to go back, the arrow disappears.

For CustLemmix, it's probably not related to that. I have an idea of why it might be happening, I'll check when I next look at the editor source code.

Assign All + Disobedience: I noticed this, and felt that it could give more interesting results than making all lemmings shrug the first time, so left it as is.

Pressing B during highlight lemming: This is because anything that goes "backwards" actually replays (very quickly) the entire level up to the target point. In the case of pushing B, the entire level is replayed up to one frame before the current one. Whenever the level is reset, the highlighted lemming is cleared, and currently, replays do not keep track of the highlighted lemming so it won't be re-highlighted. I'll see what can be done about this.

Also - I didn't mention this before though some people might've guessed - you can use directional select (and, for that matter, the "only select walkers" option) while choosing a lemming to highlight. For example (this is on default controls), if you hold Left Arrow *and* Ctrl, then right-click a lemming, you'll only end up highlighting a walker who's facing left.

I'm also thinking about adding an option to allow you to change to the next / previous lemming (eg: if you've got the first lemming that entered the level highlighted, then you push the button, it'll move the highlight to the second lemming). This will mean that, without exception, you can select *any* lemming at *any* time.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #527 on: November 09, 2014, 04:58:05 AM »
V1.25n-B of Lemmings Plus DOS Project is now up. Just leaves LPII, LPIII, and the respective bonus packs to go.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 09, 2014, 06:02:46 AM »
Fun 2 of COVOX isn't actually adjusted; in fact, the whole level is on the very left side, and there is a huge blank space on the right side of the level.

Also, I cannot download the Neo COVOX player from the NeoLemmix website.

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #529 on: November 09, 2014, 06:04:02 AM »
Fun 2 of COVOX isn't actually adjusted; in fact, the whole level is on the very left side, and there is a huge blank space on the right side of the level.

Also, I cannot download the Neo COVOX player from the NeoLemmix website.

1) That would suggest that I forgot to edit the Width parameter (but *did* correctly move the level to the left side, as well as the other changes on this one - the Covox levels were slightly more heavily modified than others due to the extremely untidy-looking design in many of them.).
2) I'll check that, hang on.

EDIT: Both are fixed. (It's still the old version of the player on the website though; I'm not putting the V1.25n-B's up there until *all* of them are done. Current progress: Done the first 3 ranks for LPII.)

EDIT: Probably should clarify. Fixed version of Covox is uploaded (on DropBox).
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #530 on: November 09, 2014, 04:42:47 PM »
V1.25n-B Lemmings Plus II is now up.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 09, 2014, 05:34:05 PM »
Genius 19 has not been adjusted yet, as I can still scroll to the blank areas on the left and right.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #532 on: November 09, 2014, 05:36:12 PM »
Genius 19 has not been adjusted yet, as I can still scroll to the blank areas on the left and right.

Must've missed that; I made some other slight adjustments to that level. (Specifically, a lot of LPII levels had one blank row of pixels along the bottom of the level, including Genius 19; while doing these updates, I got rid of most if not all of these.)

I'll fix it up tomorrow.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #533 on: November 10, 2014, 02:20:24 AM »
Fixed.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #534 on: November 10, 2014, 05:43:01 AM »
Lemmings Plus II Bonus Pack is now up.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #535 on: November 10, 2014, 06:27:30 AM »
Lemmings Plus III is now up. That means only the LPIII Bonus Pack remains.

EDIT: I've noticed a bug where the NeoLemmix Players, when dumping levels, don't seem to save the VGASPEC-by-name correctly (they *load* it fine, however). Once I'm finished with the LPIII Bonus levels, I'll start right away on the V1.25n-C update, which will fix this issue as well as upgrade the sound similarly to what was done in the latest traditional Lemmix update.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 10, 2014, 06:53:02 AM »
Just a minor discovery I've found whilst playing the extra Levels: The screen start of Sunsoft 19 is in the wrong place, only showing the exit and not the entrance.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #537 on: November 10, 2014, 07:41:16 AM »
Lemmings Plus III Bonus Pack is now done. Lemmings Plus III has also been reuploaded as I found something I missed in one level.

They're all being uploaded to the NeoLemmix website as we speak.

minimac: That issue happens with a few levels; I thought I had caught and fixed most of them though. Let me know if you find any others; eventually I'll go through and fix them all. (Extra is especially likely to have them; I'm fairly sure I caught all of the ones in the Lemmings Plus packs, others might have one or two here and there.) Specifically, the underlying cause of it is if the start position is outside the level boundaries, it currently moves it to the far-right. Since I re-dump and re-pack all levels prior to the releases (to ensure they all have the correct name *and* number for the graphic sets, just in case), it also then writes this adjusted value in at this point, meaning that it'll have to be adjusted manually.

May be worth holding off on the downloads (if you haven't already) for a bit, cause I should be able to do the V1.25n-C update very shortly; there's not much I want to add (primarily just the new sound code, and also fixing the VGASPEC name in dumped levels).

EDIT: It appears the issue's actually with the editor, not the player, so the only change to do is adding the new sound system.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix (Player: V1.25n-C | Editor: V1.25n-A)
« Reply #538 on: November 10, 2014, 08:03:14 AM »
Why not.

NeoLemmix V1.25n-C
------------------------------
*  Implements new sound code that allows for more than one sound effect at a time.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9pbvgx8ihlqhh2z/AABBgteLgs9tPEkf595nO625a
http://www.neolemmix.com/old/neolemmixplayers.html
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix (Player: V1.25n-C | Editor: V1.25n-A)
« Reply #539 on: November 10, 2014, 09:03:58 AM »
Doing some work on the editor now. I've fixed the issue with the Christmas style in SuperLemmini  (and as suggested, removed the "GraphicSetPath" parameter and instead just used the internal name; since these should always be the same anyway), going to look at the level shift in CustLemm, the RR100 issue and the VGASPEC style-by-name issues next as those are the most urgent ones.
My Lemmings projects