Author Topic: [SUGGESTION][EDITOR/PLAYER] Acceptance of longer/more complex music file names  (Read 1423 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
If we are moving away from the music packs soon and simply relying on the music folder, then it would be a blessing if the player+editor support longer and more complex music file names.
This would further reduce the problem of having 2 or more music files with the same name, as the naming in general is less restricted. Also the names can be more fitting and specific, which is a good thing with naming music tracks.

For example : Let's take a contest entry from me    "Welcome to the Spider Dance !"

I had to rename the music track from "Toby Fox - Spider Dance.ogg" to simply "spiderdance.ogg" to get it to work.

So it would be a big improvement for the future if player + editor can correctly dedect long music file names that also have special letters like - _ / ( )

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
The issue relates to limitations of the current file format; it'll be a thing of the past once the new ones come into use.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)