Author Topic: Original Lemmings level voteoff! (closed topic)  (Read 16128 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Original Lemmings level voteoff! (Currently: Round 1, Section 10)
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2014, 04:32:34 PM »
Qualifying levels from set 10 are:

Fun 11 "Keep your hair on Mr. Lemming"
Tricky 28 "Lost something?"
Taxing 13 "Upsidedown World"
Taxing 22 "Come on over to my place"
Mayhem 12 "The Far Side"

New round is up.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Re: Original Lemmings level voteoff! (Currently: Round 1, Section 11)
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2014, 07:27:17 PM »
So, for Section 11 my votes are:

Tricky 19: An excellenrt puzzle, not too difficult either, but perfect for Tricky.
Taxing 9: A great level to experiment with, but the solution is not too obvious either with the addition of the 100% requirement.
Mayhem 25: Only just scraped through because of the tricky design and the cool eye candy on both sides. Despite an obvious backroute it's still a solid Mayhem level.

Most of the other levels are either too repetitive, too frustrating or too one-dimensional. That's why I like these three levels.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2014, 10:24:45 PM »
Poscard from Lemmingland is the first level that stumped me as a kid. It's that first level (either this or It's Lemmingentry Watson) that really makes you think really hard and seems so impossible! Now years later, it seems as simple as anything.

Perserverance is just another good puzzle that seems hard at first but then becomes really simple once you get better at the game.

Mind the step I liked because it was so different, the first level with just 1 lemming. I remember playing it, hadn't payed attention to the description menu and kept waiting for more lemmings to come out. It feels a lot more personal. The downside is it gets a little grindy and there's odd angles to build to.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2014, 02:24:39 AM »
Tricky 18 never really gave me much trouble. Tricky 19, on the other hand, is the first level that was a major stumbling point for me. My girlfriend recently started playing Lemmings too, and she also found this level to be the first one that majorly stumped her. Obviously, Tricky 19 got one of my votes.

My others were for Mayhem 17 and Mayhem 28, both of which I can't put too much reason too (although the later being uniquely a 1-lemming level might be a factor).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2014, 06:08:51 AM »
Hmm, many tempting choices this round (11), a little tough for me to choose just 3...

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2014, 02:25:08 AM »
Okay, qualifying this round:

Tricky 19 "Postcard from Lemmingland"
Taxing 09 "Perserverance"
Taxing 27 "Call in the bomb squad"
Mayhem 28 "Mind the step....."

Next section is up. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Re: Original Lemmings level voteoff! (Currently: Round 1, Section 12)
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2014, 05:25:55 AM »
All three Mayhem levels for me here. (And of course, the first time in this game that I've voted for every level in the same difficulty)

* Mayhem 5 is a breathtaking challenge of crowd control and utililsing a new trick with the builder.
* Mayhem 8 because the One-Way Wall is positioned in a very strange location. No bashers either.
* Mayhem 15 because of it's nearly symmetrical design and that it's clearly made for multitasking because of the short time limit.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2014, 02:29:07 AM »
I also voted for the 3 Mayhem ones. Though if the original game hadve had the instant bombers, most likely I would have voted for Tricky 16 instead of Mayhem 15.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2014, 04:07:56 PM »
Qualifying levels from this section are:

Fun 20 "We are now at LEMCON ONE"
Tricky 29 "Rainbow Island"
Mayhem 05 "Down, along, up. In that order"
Mayhem 08 "Last one out is a rotten egg!"

I'm now going to prepare the next round; this may take a little while. Expect the new set to start very soon.

> As you probably guessed, the sets aren't going to be organised like "winners from round 1 set 1", "winners from round 1 set 2", etc; all qualifying levels are re-rolled into new sets.
> This next round will have 11 sets, with the first three containing 6 levels each and the remainder containing 5 levels each.
> Two votes are allowed per person per set.
> All levels tying for first place in a set qualfiy for the 3rd round; if there aren't at least 3, then all levels tying for second place in a set also qualify. If there are still only two levels at this point, and there is only a single level in 3rd place, it will also qualify.

EDIT: Set lists for Round 2 are now up, see the second post.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Original Lemmings level voteoff! (Currently: Round 2, Section 1)
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2014, 04:29:27 PM »
First set of Round 2 is now up. Remember - you are only allowed two votes this time! (Of course, you don't have to use both - it's perfectly fine to just vote for one level if you like.)
My Lemmings projects

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2014, 05:58:23 PM »
Remember - you are only allowed two votes this time! (Of course, you don't have to use both - it's perfectly fine to just vote for one level if you like.)
Gah, I didn't spot this when voting, and it allowed me to vote for three!

I can't find a way to revoke my votes, so please ignore one of the votes for "If only they could fly".

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2014, 11:03:44 PM »
Remember - you are only allowed two votes this time! (Of course, you don't have to use both - it's perfectly fine to just vote for one level if you like.)
Gah, I didn't spot this when voting, and it allowed me to vote for three!

Yeah, for some reason it's impossible to edit details of the poll other than the questions, answers, and who can see the results (and resetting the vote counts). Therefore, I can't change the poll to only allow two votes.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Original Lemmings level voteoff! (Currently: Round 2, Section 2)
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2014, 05:43:50 PM »
Qualifying from this set are:

Tricky 09 "They just keep on coming"
Taxing 26 "Triple Trouble"
Mayhem 20 "No added colours or Lemmings"

Next set is up. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Original Lemmings level voteoff! (Currently: Round 2, Section 2)
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2014, 05:18:53 PM »
Qualifying levels this round are:

Fun 26 "Nightmare on Lem street"
Tricky 18 "It's Lemmingentry Watson"
Mayhem 27 "Just a Minute (Part Two)"

Next round is up. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Original Lemmings level voteoff! (Currently: Round 2, Section 3)
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2014, 09:33:01 PM »
Oops, I accidentally voted 3 this round, please take off one vote from Mayhem 18.