Author Topic: Original Lemmings level voteoff! (closed topic)  (Read 16130 times)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Re: Original Lemmings level voteoff! (Currently: Round 1, Section 8)
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2014, 07:07:28 AM »
OK, my three votes are: (Apart from the Nessy, I'd be shocked if anyone votes for that level, especially if this is a DOS contest)

Tricky 10: Challenges the player to work with two entrances with a high percentage requirement. Quite a tall order for an easy level which is actually a good thing.
Mayhem 13: Well planned 8-skill level, and has quite a few solutions too, fortunately they aren't too easy to see...
Taxing 8: It was a tough decision between this level and Taxing 10, as both these levels have great solutions that aren't easy to spot. I picked 8 because of the better artwork and title name, and that I found this one a bit more difficult than the other one.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2014, 11:29:59 AM »
(Apart from the Nessy, I'd be shocked if anyone votes for that level, especially if this is a DOS contest)
I voted for that level. MS-DOS was never especially relevant over here. ;)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2014, 11:48:12 AM »
especially if this is a DOS contest)

Well, the level list and images are based on the DOS version, but ultimately, it's up to the voter what criteria they decide on - if someone wants to, for example, vote for Taxing 24 because they enjoyed the Master System version of it (for reference, Taxing 24 on Master System, although being more or less the same level, plays VERY differently), that's up to them.

Of course, I'd hope they are at least limiting themself to basing it on the same level, and not for example voting for "Cascade" because they like "Sega Three". (Both are Tricky 25 in the respective versions.)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2014, 12:36:42 PM »
Here's my votes for three of the levels

I'm going to vote for (The Great Lemming Caper) the reason is I found this level very unique in the sense that there are not that many levels that only have two lemmings where each lemming is sort of helping the other lemming.

Next vote goes to the (Curse of the Pharohs) I really liked this level, the level has the instance where you have to think how am I going to control the crowd. Got to love the whole pyramid design it's a nice level.

The final vote goes to (All or nothing) This is one of those levels where you can show off your lemming skills by completing this on your first attempt especially playing this level in it's original way where you are not allowed to use the arrow keys to help you. I'm sure there are many lemmings fans who probably don't know the secret to this one. (I don't think my dad knows yet as that tends to be something that catches him out)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2014, 04:46:32 PM »
I just tried multiple times voting for 2 but forum keeps showing error "session verification failed" or some such nonsense.  Then I adjust to only vote 1 level and it went through immediately, but of course now I have no way to enter my 2nd vote.  Seems like the forum software is rigging the votes. :o ;P

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2014, 04:52:42 PM »
I just tried multiple times voting for 2 but forum keeps showing error "session verification failed" or some such nonsense.  Then I adjust to only vote 1 level and it went through immediately, but of course now I have no way to enter my 2nd vote.  Seems like the forum software is rigging the votes. :o ;P

If you don't mind me knowing what the second vote was, you can PM it to me. Though unless we have more voters (and the last few rounds, despite them being left far longer than I meant to, had fewer voters than this one has so far), or your second vote was meant to be for Tricky 10, it's not going to have any impact at this point anyway - same levels will still qualify.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2014, 01:45:39 AM »
the only one that stand out to me in this group is The Great Lemming Caper. In excellent tough puzzling level with interesting solutions
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2014, 08:02:30 AM »
If you don't mind me knowing what the second vote was, you can PM it to me. Though unless we have more voters (and the last few rounds, despite them being left far longer than I meant to, had fewer voters than this one has so far), or your second vote was meant to be for Tricky 10, it's not going to have any impact at this point anyway - same levels will still qualify.

It was for Taxing 14 (I know, not a popular choice, but at least the visual design was nice.  Most levels in this round are just totally unremarkable.)  It's no big deal at all to not have that vote.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Original Lemmings level voteoff! (Currently: Round 1, Section 9)
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2014, 03:14:38 PM »
Alright, winners from this section are:

Tricky 04 "Here's one I prepared earlier"
Taxing 08 "The Art Gallery"
Taxing 10 "Izzie Wizzie lemmings get busy"
Mayhem 09 "Curse of the Pharaohs"
Mayhem 13 "The Great Lemming Caper"

Next round is up. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2014, 07:31:33 PM »
Just a heads-up, I'll be away for the next 4-5 days or so. If any moderator has the time to do so, feel free to update the poll/post for the next round (once the usual 48hr minimum period is up). For the image links - just look at the existing links, and change the level numbers; all the images are there. I won't have my laptop with me so updating the topic myself would be too much hassle; but I'll have my smartphone so I'll be able to access the site so I can answer PMs if there's any questions on how the update should be done.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2014, 08:20:36 PM »
My votes are...

Fun 26: I maybe be saying this because I just like the design, and that it has a popular sequel, but still, with two lemmings and 100% requirement, it makes this level different to the other Fun levels.
Taxing 28 and Mayhem 21: Both clever solutions, with some terrain parts that might look like eye candy, but must be part of the solution.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2014, 11:04:28 PM »
Mine were:

Taxing 28 - Creative way to make a splatform, even if the rest of the level isn't so creative.
Mayhem 2 - I'm not sure, I just like this one.
Mayhem 21 - Another level with a few very creative solutions.
My Lemmings projects

Offline DoubleU

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2014, 04:33:38 AM »
Fun 18 "Let's block and blow" - I dunno, I guess I liked the fire and the simplicity.
Taxing 28 "POOR WEE CREATURES!" - There's something strangely suspenseful about saving lemmings that start out splatting from the get-go.
Mayhem 21 "With a twist of lemming please" - Ditto the last, only this time you can actually save them all.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2014, 11:16:31 AM »
Okay, time to move on to the next set. Qualifiers from this set are:

Fun 24 "Konbanwa Lemming san"
Fun 26 "Nightmare on Lem street"
Taxing 28 "POOR WEE CREATURES!"
Mayhem 16 "Just a Minute..."
Mayhem 21 "With a twist of lemming please"

Only three more sets and the first round is over... next set is up now. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Original Lemmings level voteoff! (Currently: Round 1, Section 10)
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2014, 11:19:19 AM »
Mine for this round:

Fun 11 - It's quite a tricky level the first time you play it.
Taxing 22 - The variety of approaches here make it quite interesting, and it's a fairly neat design too.
Mayhem 12 - While I can't actually put any specific reason to it, this is possibly my favorite level from the original game.
My Lemmings projects