Author Topic: Lemmings PS3  (Read 3669 times)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
Lemmings PS3
« on: November 07, 2011, 06:30:19 PM »
How many of you played this? I never played, since I don't have a PS3. I think this game was only released as a PSN game. I can't seem to find a box cover of it. There's only 45 levels, and I only see two types of backgrounds, which is a blue metal place and a haunted house. There's no editor, so no building your own levels or making remakes of old ones. The skills are the eight original ones, but this time you don't start with one of them. You'll have to pick them up in the level. If you need to bash a wall and you don't have it, you'll have to go and get it. That's like pressing a switch that is far away to open a door, but still original. What do you think of this game?
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
Re: Lemmings PS3
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 08:12:49 PM »
I bought it and played it.  It's indeed PSN only, and good thing too because I'd feel ripped off paying retail price for it... it's a pretty short game.  Other than that, not much to say.  It's more levels.  There wasn't really anything to dislike about it, but it's not exceptional.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 01:29:57 AM »
The PSP/PS2 Lemmings would have been a shorter game than the PS3 if it didn't have the original 120 levels, because it only has 36 new levels.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 02:30:56 AM »
The skills are the eight original ones, but this time you don't start with one of them. You'll have to pick them up in the level. If you need to bash a wall and you don't have it, you'll have to go and get it. That's like pressing a switch that is far away to open a door, but still original.

I should note that pick-up skills have actually debuted back in Lemmings 3 (aka "All New World of Lemmings" and "The Lemmings Chronicles").  It is something worth looking into for Simon's Lix. ;)  That said, the pick-up in Lemmings 3 is probably quite different from PS3 as you can also drop skills as well as picking them up, and each lemming can only carry one type of skill at any time.  I'm guessing the PS3 version of pick-ups works more like Clones, where it simply adds to your global pool of available skills, rather than the more radical notion of individual lemmings carrying/owning one skill type at a time.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 12:06:12 PM »
That's what it seems. Also, there's only 2 or 3 levels in the PS3 version where you start with 0 skills. In most of them you get a small pool, although it seems to have a smaller average number than the original.

Offline Ping90

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 01:11:47 AM »
indeed, the psp version is better because it includes the original levels and some new ones too, and its portable if you are on the go.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 03:16:22 AM »
I finally got a PS3 and played this. It's nostalgic of the old Lemmings SNES days. I'm not a fan of the haunted house theme. It's all dark, meaning you can't hardly see the designs of the terrains and the Lemmings can turn all black. Other than that, I'm enjoying the game.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Pooty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 04:41:21 PM »
Yes, the dark levels are awful in my opinion, as it makes planning awkward at times. If this game had a level editor like the PSP version, this game would probably have been great because the pickups concept has the potential to make some interesting puzzles, and I would've loved to see what people could come up with.
SEGA Master System version
100% on 110/120 levels (92%). Other levels [Lemmings lost]:
Fun 03 [3], 06 [2], 18 [5]   
Taxing 19 [5], 27 [1], 28 [3]
Tricky 15 [5], 17 [2]
Mayhem 19 [7], 26 [10]

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 09:00:13 PM »
I didn't like how I had to wait for the thunder to light up the level. There are some levels that are easy to beat with the intended solution, but when you go for the 100%, it becomes difficulty to solve. I found the 100% for Mayhem 2 by accident.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 09:55:38 PM »
The leaderboard is gone. :o I was using that to see the unintended 100% or saving an extra Lemming that I haven't solved yet. I still remember which levels I already did and I know Mayhem 3 has one, which is where I'm up to. I know the last level has 100% and probably an easier solution. The one I know is annoying.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 11:22:28 PM »
I'm finally getting a PS3 in May.. really looking forward to getting my teeth stuck into PS3 Lemmings.