Author Topic: levelpack.ini for Lemmini use  (Read 3610 times)

Offline Tim

• Skype name: timfoxxy
    • View Profile
levelpack.ini for Lemmini use
« on: November 26, 2013, 03:08:35 AM »
So I need help with making this levelpack file for my custom graphics levels. Apparently Lemmini did not want to open after I created the folder in the same location as 1_orig and 2_ohno (its called 3_foxcustom) and moved my levels over to it, plus I was told I had to make this folder so that Lemmini could play my custom levels. Does it actually require the folder to be made?

What do I need to do with making this ini file? I do not remember making a file like this for previous level packs I made for Lemmini, but I know that I had one for them somehow, which means I need help starting from scratch. Currently I can make these levels using Lemmix, but I cant play/test my levels until I sort this problem out.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: levelpack.ini for Lemmini use
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 05:57:47 AM »
It looks like it's just a list of the levels and musics (and other info about your pack). If you have a look at an existing one, you should be able to work out how to do it.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 08:31:23 AM »
Is there a requirement to put the levels in a level pack like that or can I just load the individual levels from another location? I only have a small number of levels for my tilesets anyway...

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 08:33:28 AM »
I'm not too sure to be honest - as you can tell, I'm not much of a Lemmini person (I get that Lemmini's more or less the main platform these days; but anyone remember how much longer I kept using Cheapo when everyone else had abandoned it?  :P). I do recall seeing videos on Youtube of Lemmini being played in some kind of "test" mode that just plays single levels, but I have no idea how to access or use it.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 08:42:20 AM »
Well then I will move the levels back to the other location and just load them individually. The problem now is that I cant find the thread where the winlemm files are located which Lemmini needs. I downloaded it yesterday but forgot where :(

EDIT: Never find, got it. Funny thing is when I play the levels, they look and act normal. But yesterday, in Lemmix, the individual pictures didnt look 'transparent'. Weird.....

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 05:04:09 PM »
WIth a bit of luck this problem has been solved. When tested and the display is correct I will upload a new version to http://ericenzwaan.nl/eric/lemmings/lemmix.htm

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 06:01:17 AM »
I do recall seeing videos on Youtube of Lemmini being played in some kind of "test" mode that just plays single levels, but I have no idea how to access or use it.

You get the "test" mode when you load an individual level file. The game seems to treat it as a rating of one level, hence the "Congratulations! You beat all of the test levels!" when you pass the level.