Author Topic: [Bug] [Editor] [N/A] Newest NL-player version is not accepted for playtest mode  (Read 2014 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
As I tested a level today I remembered I wanted to update the Editor-testplayer as well to the newest version.
Swapped the players (old<-->new) and it isn't recognised by the editor. (at least I didn't delete my old player :P)
So did I simply missed a step or is it not supported yet? ??? (also checked the NL website if there's anything written about it, but nope)
If it's not it would be nice to know if it's on the "soon to be done" list :)

Edit: I'm a dummy :XD: 
After reading some more I noticed the little text under the update:
There is no update for the editor yet. The existing V1.36n-B of the editor can be used with this new game update for playtest mode; you will need to modify NeoLemmixStyles.ini (in the "styles" folder) and replace any occurances of "CustLemmixNeo.exe" with "NeoLemmix.exe". Once this is done, simply put NeoLemmix.exe in the same folder as the editor, and it will work for playtest mode. Alternatively, you can simply continue to use V1.36n CustLemmixNeo.exe; there are no changes in terms of game physics so any solution that works there will continue to work here as well.

So scrap it :P  Added [N/A] to the title. ;)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 02:06:48 PM by IchoTolot »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Glad to see you got it sorted. For future reference though: Posts in the bugs/suggestions board, I ask that you leave the first post blank (so I can edit it to put info about the status etc of the bug), and post your detailed info in a reply. :)

Since there's no problem here, I'll close the topic. Just for avoidance of doubt: From the next update of the editor, "NeoLemmix.exe" will be the default.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)