Off-Topic Boards > General Discussion

ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS

<< < (2/7) > >>

Andi:
We are also learning VB and C++. But I know Delphi and BASIC. ^^ Why don't make a Lemmings-MMORPG?

Ah yeah, and I like creating maps.

Timballisto:
hm...Well then, Andi, you can start on making a map.  Lem'ka and I can try to draw it on the computer.  Try to make an equal balance of evil and good places.

Also, a Lemmings one sounds good too, only I was orginally not thinking of that.  Why not make two of these things? :D

Oh, and C++ will work...if we're lucky, maybe even the near-pathetic game-capabilities of Flash will do (but writing the code will take eons).  We'd be lucky to get anything to work.

My programming knowledge:
-Q-basic
-Flash 4.0
-Adobe Photoshop 6.0 (uh...this is actually graphics I guess).

Lemika:
Sounds good. :D

Hmmm. The only programming language I almost know is Q-Basic, so I'm not going to be much help there [considering that I can't even do graphics in that]. And I only have Adobe Photoshop 4.0. But it works, and I know how to use it :P

Timballisto:
I've got another idea for how you can help Lem'ka.  You are good at making evil things, unless I am mistaken, correct?  Well, why not design some evil characters who have heavy influence in the evil areas of the world?

maybe someone else can make good characters.

Andi:
I thought of dividing the world into some lands. (I made some sketches about a land I called "Northland". (There are only some sketches of how the lemmings might look and a few waepons.) Some other lands could be "Highland" for example and a Medieval one. (Yeah, L2 again, but it gives the perfect stuff. :D )

Each land has it's own weapons and there are always 2 kinds of magic. "Good" and "Evil". They aren't too different (only in the way they show) to avoid everyone's evil or everone's good.

That's what I thought. Do you want me to scan the stuff and upload it?

Anyway, have you ever created a game such as an RPG? I don't think so.

1. Decide what engine you'd like to use.

As long as I don't know what engine you want to use I won't do anything. Creating at own an engine would be too complex. You should surf a bit around and search for a good one.
At this point you also have to decide if you want a Single-Player RPG or a MMORPG.

2. Do you really want  to do it?

Programming a game costs A LOT of time and maybe it's first very fun. But after some it might get boring. You have to hang through it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version