Author Topic: [DISCUSSION][PLAYER] Using available screen space to show more of level  (Read 5877 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [DISCUSSION][PLAYER] Using available screen space to show more of level
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2017, 10:39:05 AM »
Issue 3 was occuring because, what was kicking in wasn't "increase the window size upon increasing the zoom", but rather the more-general check of "make sure the window size is at least 320x200 x <zoom>". A window that was already this size or larger would not have resized.

I've changed this so that upon changing the zoom, the window always gets resized.

Also - I've now made it so that the change occurs as soon as the config menu is exited, rather than delaying it until the main menu screen is exited. And even better, I fixed that bug that made the game stop working upon a change between windowed and fullscreen mode, so it is now possible to change between the two without restarting NeoLemmix.

A change to the "Use Smooth Resampling In Menus" still doesn't get applied until leaving the main screen - which now that I think about it, could have been why you thought there was a bug there?
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2017, 10:52:15 AM »
Added settings to allow zoom levels lower than (maximum that fits on screen) in fullscreen mode.

On a 1080p display, I can (just!) fit the entirity of LPIV's Insane 20 on the screen at once... while still having a 2x zoom. In fullscreen mode. w00t! :D

The obvious next step would be to allow changing the zoom while in-game.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2017, 11:30:08 AM »
First step towards in-game zoom changing: Mouse wheels can now be used as hotkeys. This is, of course, intended for the purpose of using them for zooming. But, since NeoLemmix is very flexible on any hotkey (/ hot mouse button) apart from left-click, there is of course nothing stopping someone from instead deciding that, perhaps, they want to use Q and W for in-game zooming, and instead assign the mouse wheel to skill selection or release rate changing or anything else they like.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2017, 12:15:06 PM »
Alright, it's now fully working, and an experimental version with support for it has been released!

http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=75 NOTE: The new stable release V10.12.15-C has these features, get it instead.

There are some very minor graphical glitches - this is limited to a bit of flickering when changing the zoom during gameplay, no long-term effects. I will look into what can be done to fix this.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 03:07:27 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2017, 04:10:08 PM »
A change to the "Use Smooth Resampling In Menus" still doesn't get applied until leaving the main screen - which now that I think about it, could have been why you thought there was a bug there?
You are right, I only checked the main screen and did not change to other screens. If I move to a new screen, the correct option gets applied.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2017, 06:22:46 AM »
Even so, it's better that it takes effect right away, which is why the latest commit makes it do so. :)

Here's the latest experimental (note: does NOT include the fix to make the resampler options take effect immediately).
http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=76 NOTE: The new stable release V10.12.15-C has these features, get it instead.

Let me know if you encounter any issues. Apart from hopefully fixing the flickering, if no further issues are reported this is probably ready for a stable release.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 03:07:37 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2017, 03:06:01 PM »
Please note that there's now a stable release which includes the features from these experimentals, V10.12.15-C. If you wanted to try out the feature, you should get that rather than the experimentals. (I'll probably take the exp versions down fairly soon, actually.)
My Lemmings projects