Author Topic: Where's the global moderator?  (Read 7562 times)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Where's the global moderator?
« on: August 29, 2009, 02:09:15 PM »
I've been concerned about where the moderator of the forums is. He hasn't been active since the 20th of August. I think he might be too busy focusing on something, or lost interest. What should we do if our threads get disturbed? Should we have a new moderator or should we close out the forums (Heck, this is my first forum, please don't tell me this is going to happen)

EDIT: I found the answer, he's (occasionally) in hospital! :o
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: PANIC! Where's the global moderator?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 01:47:16 AM »
There's no need for the moderator to log on to see what's going on in the forums, so the active status is meaningless.  Stop worrying. It probably just means the moderator has nothing to post.

And frankly, 20th of August is hardly a long time.  I've had vacations longer than that.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 04:35:26 AM »
You do realise there's more than one moderator, right?
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 05:01:41 AM »
Well, actually there is only one moderator.
And myself, as admins are mods too.

But really... we're not that big of an operation and don't need any more policing than that.  I don't see what there is to get worked up about.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Re: Where's the global moderator?
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 02:09:35 PM »
 :-[ I feel so ridiculed, I shouldn't even think about loading up this stupid topic. I didn't know that Mr. K was a moderator. So in that case I want to delete it, because I feel threatened every time I see it. I apologise if anyone felt a bit shaky when they saw this topic. I think it disturbs the forum in a negative way.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 03:05:33 AM »
Don't feel too bad, it's just that with "PANIC" as the first word of your subject, it is almost as if you were telling us the sky is falling. :P  Hence the reactions you're getting from us. ;)

But yeah, maybe you should delete the topic, it does make you look a little silly.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 05:55:38 AM »
Not really. It's an understandable thing to think from someone who's on a forum for the first time. Not everyone knows how they work as well as forum-experts like us do, you know. :P
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 06:31:43 AM »
But yeah, maybe you should delete the topic, it does make you look a little silly.

I can't delete it myself. I'll need the moderator to do so.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 10:12:13 PM »
I can't say I blame you for being panicked.  But can we wait until there's a problem and he won't show up to freak out?

And since when have you not been able to delete your own topic?  ???
Must of been something you could only do on the old forums.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 10:17:07 PM »
I wasn't around on any of the older lemmings forums, Dullstar, I went in to it last month.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 10:25:21 PM »
I wasn't around on any of the older lemmings forums, Dullstar, I went in to it last month.

Ah.  Anyways, that had NOTHING to do with you being on the old forums.  I was just saying that you could do that on the old forums.  I joined in while they were at isamedia or something like that.  They were the second forums I joined, however, the first forums I joined were ran by Mr. K as well.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 07:36:20 AM »
He hasn't been active since the 20th of August.

...when he moved that Postal news section for me.

I joined in while they were at isamedia or something like that.  They were the second forums I joined, however, the first forums I joined were ran by Mr. K as well.

Good for you. Is that first forum by Mr. K something other than Lemmings? (Send a private message to me, because we don't want anyone spamming that first forum)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009, 10:45:49 PM »
I'm not going to BOTHER sending a private message about it.  It's been down for months, and I don't see it coming back up anytime soon.  But yes, it was something other than Lemmings.  It's a broken link, of course, you'll get an error, but here's the link...

Monochrome Nightmares [is down]

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2009, 03:11:36 PM »

I can't delete it myself. I'll need the moderator to do so.

There should be a "Delete Topic" link below the posts, just above "Quick Reply".
My Lemmings projects

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2009, 03:20:20 PM »
I think it's best if I explain what's been happening at this moment.

As one or two of you know, I've been very unwell over the past 3 months. I've had several trips in and out of hospital, due to anaemia. My body isn't producing enough blood, but they still haven't found out why. I'm still trying to be as active as possible, but this isn't easy when I'm struggling to stay awake for longer than 6 hours at a time. I'm feeling slightly better at the moment, so I'm around more than I used to be.

If there's something very urgent, then please send me a personal message. I get a notification into my email inbox, and I usually respond within a couple of hours - depending on whether I'm awake or asleep. If it's something less urgent, then please post about it in a thread, and I'll respond. I can't read every thread, so if there's anything in a thread aimed towards me, please forward the messages to me directly, and I can resolve any situations that have arisen.

I have been reading the forum, but I haven't been logged in, so I do know what's been going on ;) So there's no need to panic, I've not lost interest!

Adam :)