Author Topic: Old posts from the Garjen forums and Lemmings Universe forums  (Read 2220 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Old posts from the Garjen forums and Lemmings Universe forums
« on: February 19, 2015, 04:13:21 AM »
I remember that there were forums from the websites of Lemmings Universe and Garjen.

Ii it still possible to import the posts from those two forums? Lemmings Universe seems very unlikely because the forums may have been deleted, but Garjen might be still possible (though the forums there were closed down indefinitely due to spambots).
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 05:15:58 AM by DynaLem »
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Old posts from the Garjen forums and Lemmings Universe forums
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 04:22:39 AM »
If either:
a) The admins of either have a database backup or
b) They're still online somewhere in a read-only form

It should be doable. With that being said, I'm not sure how easy it would be to do *and* run the order fix without breaking existing links between posts. When importing LemmingsWelt, IsaMedia and LF.com, the only reason heaps of links between posts (the ones already on this site) weren't broken is because there weren't many of them to break.

The database backup is preferable, but we don't need to have one - we didn't have one (or at least not a very recent one) for LF.com.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)