Author Topic: Oh No! More Challenges!  (Read 111755 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Oh No! More Challenges!
« Reply #135 on: August 27, 2009, 06:03:16 PM »
Keep trying. It's harder than the Fun 27 challenge, although with the full range of skills Minimac gives you, it's not too hard.

On the other hand, try doing it the way I did *without* watching my replay first. (IE: 100% with 1 blocker, 3 builders and 1 basher) if you want a harder challenge. (Which still, to be fair, isn't *that* hard)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Pooty

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 27, 2009, 06:34:50 PM »
I rescued the required 93% at last. My solution is very different from yours, using everything except 2 bashers.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 01:27:42 PM by Minim »
SEGA Master System version
100% on 110/120 levels (92%). Other levels [Lemmings lost]:
Fun 03 [3], 06 [2], 18 [5]   
Taxing 19 [5], 27 [1], 28 [3]
Tricky 15 [5], 17 [2]
Mayhem 19 [7], 26 [10]

Offline Fernito

• Mapper wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 27, 2009, 06:48:19 PM »
Keep trying. It's harder than the Fun 27 challenge, although with the full range of skills Minimac gives you, it's not too hard.

On the other hand, try doing it the way I did *without* watching my replay first. (IE: 100% with 1 blocker, 3 builders and 1 basher) if you want a harder challenge. (Which still, to be fair, isn't *that* hard)

I managed to get 96% using 1 blocker, 1 basher and 3 builders. I haven't seen your replay yet, so I don't know... is my solution too far from your 100% one? (attached the replay).
Like prog metal? Listen at Izkemia on MySpace or Facebook.

Offline Pooty

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 27, 2009, 06:54:02 PM »
It's almost the same as namida's. Two lemmings were allowed to pass the blocker rather than just the one.
SEGA Master System version
100% on 110/120 levels (92%). Other levels [Lemmings lost]:
Fun 03 [3], 06 [2], 18 [5]   
Taxing 19 [5], 27 [1], 28 [3]
Tricky 15 [5], 17 [2]
Mayhem 19 [7], 26 [10]

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #139 on: August 27, 2009, 06:55:10 PM »
Pretty much the only difference is, as Pooty said, I let two lemmings rather than just one past the blocker, and used one to free the blocker while the other one went ahead to build over the trap well before the others got there.

It seems that too many players overlook the idea of having more than one worker lemming. :P (On the other hand, I almost always consider it, as many of my own levels do this - most notably, "To The End!" requires two workers)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Fernito

• Mapper wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 27, 2009, 07:02:53 PM »
Watched it... damn! I thought of letting pass two lemmings instead of one, but for some stupid reason I thought the second lemming would pass through the blocker. Oh, I feel so stupid haha  :-[ ;P

Offline Fernito

• Mapper wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 27, 2009, 07:04:44 PM »
It seems that too many players overlook the idea of having more than one worker lemming. :P (On the other hand, I almost always consider it, as many of my own levels do this - most notably, "To The End!" requires two workers)

Oh yes, I do too. Actually, most of my own levels use lots of multitasking too. It's just in this case I missed an obvious thing :P

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #142 on: August 27, 2009, 07:11:23 PM »
In general, multitasking levels are good because they're harder to work out. I took this to the extreme in a Lemmings Plus 4 level (which it appears I've since lost, although the LP4 demo has the easier repeat of it so I can just recreate it based off this) by making a level that required a total of nine worker lemmings, most of which perform actions simultaneously. :D
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #143 on: August 27, 2009, 07:27:13 PM »
People who know the level well will have no trouble with this one, but I can't think of anything better at the moment:

Fun 23, only assigning skills to lemmings that are going RIGHT. Note that it doesn't matter if the skill activates when they're going left (mostly only applicable to climbers or bombers), as long as they're going right when you assign the skill to them.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #144 on: August 27, 2009, 07:36:42 PM »
Here's a very slight variant on the normal direct drop solution for Fun 27. You might want to add this to your list, minimac:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 01:29:25 PM by Minim »
My Lemmings projects

Offline Fernito

• Mapper wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 27, 2009, 08:00:35 PM »
People who know the level well will have no trouble with this one, but I can't think of anything better at the moment:

Fun 23, only assigning skills to lemmings that are going RIGHT. Note that it doesn't matter if the skill activates when they're going left (mostly only applicable to climbers or bombers), as long as they're going right when you assign the skill to them.

As you said, easy if you know the level well :D Got 100%, though the solution wasn't very skill-efficient.

Offline Fernito

• Mapper wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 27, 2009, 08:03:03 PM »
Here's a very slight variant on the normal direct drop solution for Fun 27. You might want to add this to your list, minimac:

Amazing one!

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 27, 2009, 08:38:11 PM »
I MADE IT! (100% on Fun 27 with 1 builder) :D

I attached the replay.

Good work! That's another solution in the bag! Do you want me to delete my replay? (I still like it though)
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 27, 2009, 08:58:38 PM »
Here's a very slight variant on the normal direct drop solution for Fun 27.

I have done that as well a few years ago. Not exactly the same solution as yours though. I used only one digger,  two blockers and three builders.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Fernito

• Mapper wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 27, 2009, 09:27:33 PM »
Good work! That's another solution in the bag! Do you want me to delete my replay? (I still like it though)

No way! ??? Why should you delete your replay?