Author Topic: Player V1.38n-B, Editor V1.38n-B, Flexi Toolkit V1.05 Released  (Read 4063 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Player V1.38n-B, Editor V1.38n-B, Flexi Toolkit V1.05 Released
« on: January 19, 2016, 02:12:20 AM »
Alright, another update! And yay, thanks to the switch to NXP, no one has to re-build their packs!

The big additions for V1.38n player are the addition of windowed mode, and the support for rotating terrain pieces (rather than just flipping them). The timed bombers option has also been removed; even if you play an older pack that contains this, bombers will be untimed. Although I believe all NXPs have it turned off anyway.

For V1.38n-B, there's a lot of changes and most of them are fairly significant; so all I can say is look at the changelog! :)

V1.38n
------
* Terrain pieces can now be rotated, as well as flipped.
* Swimmers now apply destruction mask as normal when bombing.
* Windowed mode is now supported. The zoom level (or choosing Fullscreen) can be configured from the
  config menu. Fullscreen remains the default. Slight flickering between screens when in windowed mode
  is a known issue. To release the mouse during gameplay, press the "Release Mouse" hotkey (default is ~).
* Zombies and Ghosts are no longer included in any lemming totals that are displayed.
* Cheat hotkey readded by popular demand. It also now works in packs that have "Unlock All" enabled,
  even if cheat mode is not enabled.
* In packs that have "Unlock All" enabled, if cheat mode is not active, "All Levels Unlocked" will be
  displayed on the level code screen.
* Timed bombers option is removed.
* Talismans option is no longer shown on the menu screen in packs that don't have talismans.
* Fixed the following bugs:
  > Music packs do not work when launching a single level, unless it's via the editor's testplay mode.
  > "Untitled Level Pack" rather than a more-useful text is shown for the title bar in single level mode.
  > Some NeoLemmix levels from prior to the switch to referencing graphic sets by names would not load.

V1.38n-B
--------
* Updraft / Faller interaction has been changed: Instead of decreasing distance fallen by 1 per pixel
  fallen, the fallen distance is simply reset to 0 on any pixel where the lemming is inside an updraft.
* If a level is failed, and then immediately retried without exiting to the main menu, the game will
  replay the previous attempt.
* The configuration menu has been entirely replaced with a new, dialog-based one.
* Middle-click and right-click are now remappable.
* The "Ctrl / Right-Click Invert" option has been removed; in its place is the "One-Click Highlight"
  option which, if enabled and either middle-click or right-click is mapped to Highlight, allows
  highlighting lemmings (or directly assigning skills to the highlit lemming) by simply clicking the
  lemming with the assigned button, rather than having to hold it and left-click the lemming.
* Added the option to require explicitly cancelling the replay. When this option is enabled, during
  replay mode, any action that would cancel the replay is disabled, except for the dedicated "Cancel
  Replay" key (default key is C, but like all hotkeys this can be remapped).
* When a version issue is detected, the player will now state which version should be used, rather
  than simply stating that the pack may be incompatible.
* Toggling sound and music in-game via hotkeys is now saved beyond completion of the level.
* Fixed the following bugs:
  > LookForLVLFiles option looks in the app's folder rather than the NXP's folder
  > If replay mode is cancelled while the game is paused, in a way that doesn't advance the frame,
    the red R does not disappear until either the game is unpaused or a forwards frame skip is used

Download: http://www.neolemmix.com/old/NeoLemmix.exe
NeoLemmix Introduction Pack: http://www.neolemmix.com/old/neolemmix/NeoLemmixIntroduction.nxp <-- recommended for players new to NeoLemmix
Source Code: V1.38n | V1.38n-B

The V1.38n-A editor update simply adds support for rotating terrain pieces. V1.38n-B fixes some bugs, starts up much quicker, and adds one long-overdue feature.
Please note - if you're using rotation in your levels, make sure you use the new (V1.05) version of Flexi Toolkit to build your packs. V1.04 won't correctly mark these as incompatible with NeoLemmix V1.37n.

V1.38n-B
--------
> Adds a confirmation when quitting / closing a level, if the level has not been saved. Note: Chances
  are this doesn't work 100% of the time, so firstly - don't *rely* on it, and secondly - let me know
  if you encounter any changes that don't trigger this!
> Safety checks against old-format graphic sets in NeoLemmix set folders have been removed; by this
  point you should've gotten rid of them anyway! (Note: Old format VGASPECs remain compatible; it's
  only regular graphic sets that MUST be in up to date format.) The reason for this is that the editor
  boots up MUCH quicker when it's not performing these checks.
> Percentage is no longer displayed when editing NeoLemmix levels
> Fixed the bug where, when multiple terrain pieces are selected, the Rotate checkbox may be grayed
  when it should be simply checked

Download: http://www.neolemmix.com/old/neolemmixeditor.zip

Flexi Toolkit V1.05 fixes a few minor mistakes in the texts (primarily where references to EXEs had not been changed to refer to NXPs instead), and will also flag any pack as needing V1.38n of NeoLemmix if any levels use terrain rotation.
Note: You do NOT need to rebuild existing packs! The update (and its compatibility marking) are only important for new stuff, that makes use of rotation. Old NXPs are fully compatible with V1.38n! Also note that, if your pack does not use terrain rotation, it will not mark the pack as requiring V1.38n. :)

Download: http://www.neolemmix.com/old/FlexiTool.zip
Source Code: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2rvnvglbh2n8gpg/FlexiTool_V1.05_Source.zip
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 03:53:49 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Player V1.38n, Editor V1.38n-A Released
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 02:48:23 AM »
If you downloaded the player prior to this message, please redownload, as there was a bug relating to the save system. It's now been fixed.

The Flexi Toolkit V1.05 update has also been added now.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Player V1.38n, Editor V1.38n-A, Flexi Toolkit V1.05 Released
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 10:23:45 PM »
most recent updates are possibly the best updates yet ever!! :lem-mindblown::D :D :thumbsup:
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 02:05:24 AM »
should've asked this before but:

because of the zombie count changing; do I need to change my lem counts on my levels that were made prior to this? [I'd think I do but I tested a level and it worked :-\ ]
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 02:14:38 AM »
should've asked this before but:

because of the zombie count changing; do I need to change my lem counts on my levels that were made prior to this? [I'd think I do but I tested a level and it worked :-\ ]

No, leave them as they are. The number in the level data itself is unchanged; the player just calculates how many zombies / ghosts the level has and subtracts that from the numbers it displays.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Player V1.38n-B, Editor V1.38n-A, Flexi Toolkit V1.05 Released
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 01:13:09 PM »
Player V1.38n-B has been released. Lots of neat new features in this one; pretty much everything in the changelog (apart from the fixes to minor bugs) is quite significant so I'd recommend just read that. Changelog and download link are both in the first post. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Player V1.38n-B, Editor V1.38n-B, Flexi Toolkit V1.05 Released
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 03:54:37 PM »
Editor V1.38n-B added. Most significant change is it (finally) confirms when exiting if you want to save the level, if it isn't already saved. (This also applies to closing the level, opening a different level, or creating a new level, of course.)

As usual, links are in the first post.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 04:03:17 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 04:32:44 PM »
Editor V1.38n-B added. Most significant change is it (finally) confirms when exiting if you want to save the level, if it isn't already saved. (This also applies to closing the level, opening a different level, or creating a new level, of course.)

As usual, links are in the first post.

Update causes a bug:
Can't open levels that are not in the same folder as the editor, because the editor searches for the tilesets at the position of the level and not the editor.

So it looks for the tilesets at:      Place of the level\styles\NeoLemmix\tileset.dat
If it isn't located there ---> error

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 05:07:07 PM »
Reuploaded a fixed version. :)
My Lemmings projects