Author Topic: Other Games  (Read 39314 times)

Andi

Re: Other Games
« Reply #135 on: December 31, 2005, 02:52:48 PM »
Weird sounds? I mean the stupid sounds when the characters overtake you. I like the older versions MUCH better when they just did a short sound without speaking something. But the voice output is just horrible. "Baby Mario!" WTF? O_o It's just like if they are Pokemon, only able to speak their own name.
Ok it had some things I like. The "2 player in one kart" idea is neat and true 3d drivers are also something good. But the houses in mushroom city are just a great failure.

And sorry, we can go wrong with a race. I have no modem. :/

Jazzem

« Reply #136 on: December 31, 2005, 03:08:11 PM »
Quote from: Andi link=1091850616/135#135 date=1136040768
Weird sounds? I mean the stupid sounds when the characters overtake you. I like the older versions MUCH better when they just did a short sound without speaking something. But the voice output is just horrible. "Baby Mario!" WTF? O_o It's just like if they are Pokemon, only able to speak their own name.
Ok it had some things I like. The "2 player in one kart" idea is neat and true 3d drivers are also something good. But the houses in mushroom city are just a great failure.

And sorry, we can go wrong with a race. I have no modem. :/

Eh? That's "Mario Kart: Double Dash!!"you're talking about! Although the DS version has the voices (Which are fairly amusing if you ask me =P), it doesn't have Baby Mario, and it certainly doesn't have 2 players in one kart!

Sorry about the no-modem thing, there's always the wi-fi USB adapter if you're interested.

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 01, 2006, 06:57:14 AM »
Sooooo how does that Wi-Fi thing work anyhow?  If I could use it then I would.  My friend let me borrow his copy of MK DS so I can play if I figure out how to do this.

Andi

« Reply #138 on: January 01, 2006, 03:49:23 PM »
ARGH! I totally failed! :-[

I'm very sorry. For some reason I was thinking all the time about Double Dash. In fact I never played the DS version. ... Ah, that hurts.

How did I came up with double dash? Double daSh? -_-

Jazzem

« Reply #139 on: January 01, 2006, 06:02:06 PM »
Quote from: Timballisto link=1091850616/135#137 date=1136098634
Sooooo how does that Wi-Fi thing work anyhow?  If I could use it then I would.  My friend let me borrow his copy of MK DS so I can play if I figure out how to do this.

Basically, you'll need to get a wireless signal going to your DS. You can do this in several ways...

1)Have a wireless router (You may have to update the firmware if it's slightly out of date)
2)Buy the offical wifi USB adapter that Nintendo are selling (Windows XP only, now 2000/98 or Mac).
3)Go to a local BT Openzone hotspot.

I've got a wireless router (Linksys HG200 v2), and it works perfectly. Not all routers will work though, so have &#A3;30 prepared just in case for the wifi adapter.

How did I came up with double dash? Double daSh? -_-

It happens :P

It amazes me how much criticism 'DD!!' gets, it's one of my favourites in the series, and I always come back to it.

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 03, 2006, 11:34:53 PM »
Where was DD criticized???  That's a great game!  How could you complain about it?  The only thing I don't like is it gets too easy after awhile, but that's fine.  It gets hard again after you leave it for awhile, and if not it's still fun to play.

Jazzem

« Reply #141 on: January 04, 2006, 05:33:39 PM »
Well by Andi for one :P

It just got plenty of criticism from many gamers who bought the thing, a shame really, I enjoy it. Still, it's fun to be different!

So has my wifi help...helped?

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 04, 2006, 09:59:17 PM »
Well...tell me more about the wireless router.  We have one, but it doesn't have whatever the DS needs apparently (when I found the option for wi-fi in MK DS I looked for connections just for fun.  I turned up three networks in my neighborhood including my own O_o.  I tried ours but it said some weird thing and wouldn't work.).

Jazzem

« Reply #143 on: January 05, 2006, 07:19:45 PM »
I'm afraid you'll need to tell me more about the wireless router :P. What make/model is it? And what's your ISP?

This may help... http://www.nintendowifi.com/customersupport/supportedRouters.do

Also, what was this error that came up? A number? Or something regarding a WEP key?

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 07, 2006, 12:08:01 AM »
It gave me an error code and a phone number to call after the connection test failed. &#A0;The error code was 51300. &#A0;What that means I have no idea. &#A0;The site will probably help. &#A0;They've got a lot on there.

EDIT: Got it!  Give me a time/day and I'll see if I can race.

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 07, 2006, 02:25:33 AM »
Wow. &#A0;Okay. &#A0;That is one of the cheapest things I've ever seen. &#A0;There were some people in dry bombers using dry bones, and they could go ridiculously fast, go over dirt without slowing down, and basically be at any position they wanted to be on the road (like they would twitch right and left all over the place, only they would jump around - you wouldn't see them actually move over). &#A0;It sucks. &#A0;I'm never playing anyone who uses that. &#A0;Is that something your not supposed to be able to do or what?

EDIT: Well, I've found out that this trick is apparently something called snaking, and it's "legal".  If I could use this technique, I don't think I would.  It takes all the fun out of the game.  Really.  I prefer a race where you drift where you can, but not every second.  That's just no fun because all the emphasis is on drifting over and over.

Jazzem

« Reply #146 on: January 08, 2006, 12:17:34 AM »
You're finally online? Awesome! We'll race sometime today then :)

Regarding the snaking, I think it's okay in small doses if you're losing. I do kind of feel guilty though, I once did it on the last straight on Figure 8 and overtook the person in front! But yeah, when you're going maniacal with it it just saps the fun out.

EDIT: Ah yes, my friend code...

JM

« Reply #147 on: January 08, 2006, 07:05:28 PM »
There's Wolfenstein 3-D which is awesome and with the source code you can implement new features into the game which are listed below

Chaingun jamming at random times
Level title at loading screen
Boss drops a key when killed
Exploding barrels
Rocket launcher
God mode
Teleporters
Motorbikes
Seamless level flow
And more...

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 09, 2006, 12:43:12 AM »
Erm sorry about that.  Actually I can probably play Monday.  Another thing is I think I'll need your name to play you.  Not sure on that, but WFC seems to turn up people randomly unless you do friends mode.

Jazzem

« Reply #149 on: January 11, 2006, 10:33:32 PM »
Blimey, never got around to this did we?

It's not necessary that it's correct when you tempoarily type it in, but I'm just Jazzem as usual. Friend code please.