Author Topic: Lemmings re-make  (Read 49134 times)

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings re-make
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2006, 02:30:51 AM »
Double post, sorry.

My first level submission type thing is findable HERE. I am posting this because I revised the skills and save percentage from last time, and want to make sure there's no back-routes I added with this change. Thank you.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2006, 02:46:58 AM »
I'd be interested in submitting some levels for the fun/tricky categories in the original lemmings.  Those are cool because you can integrate some more scenery in with the course of the level, although the difficulty is compromised in the process.  If you want some say so.  I'll make a lot if I get around to it.

Leviathan

« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2006, 10:26:34 AM »
Quote from: Insane Steve link=1135291547/75#75 date=1136601051
Double post, sorry.

My first level submission type thing is findable HERE. I am posting this because I revised the skills and save percentage from last time, and want to make sure there's no back-routes I added with this change. Thank you.

I saved 98% using only a basher and blocker fairly within 2 minutes of time.
Is this intentional?

JM

« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2006, 12:29:33 PM »
I've made an extended graphics file but I haven't made a level for it yet. I hope you like it when I make it. :)

EDIT: http://it.travisbsd.org/lemmings/lemmingswelt/index.php?cmd=get&file=levelpacks/TUT.zip

I've just made a level with a new extended graphics set I made and I hope it comes in handy for this Lemmings re-make.

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2006, 11:03:53 PM »
No, no, it is not intentional. And I figured out how you did it, but I'd need to make a major terrain revision to fix it. Thanks for the observation.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

JM

« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2006, 11:29:58 PM »
I saved 98% aswell in just 2 minutes. I liked the scenery of the level. The crystal graphics are awesome. Is somebody able to check out the extended graphics level I made?

Jazzem

« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2006, 12:33:32 AM »
Sorry I haven't contributed any levels so far, but tommorow I'm going to make sure I start at least three levels, two of which will be tutorial-style Fun levels and another that I imagine will be tricky.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2006, 01:22:10 PM »
Quote from: JM link=1135291547/75#80 date=1136676598
Is somebody able to check out the extended graphics level I made?
Well I didn't actually play the level, but I did have a look at the bitmap you included in the ZIP file.

By the way, is the graphics based on some other game?  I was under the impression that we're trying to make all 4 extended graphics levels be based on other existing games out there (suggestions so far include Super Mario Bros, Supaplex, Prince of Persia, Minesweeper, Repton).  I'm partial to doing that, but that said, I guess I'm ok with using extended graphics that are outside of any existing games.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2006, 12:36:52 AM »
This thing still going?

If so, I would be more than happy to remake some of my Cheapo levels(especially an Oblivion level of some description) for it, but I don't think I'll make any original ones.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

JM

« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2006, 11:04:27 AM »
Quote from: ccexplore (not logged in)(Guest) link=1135291547/75#82 date=1136726530[color=#000000
Well I didn't actually play the level, but I did have a look at the bitmap you included in the ZIP file.

By the way, is the graphics based on some other game? &#A0;I was under the impression that we're trying to make all 4 extended graphics levels be based on other existing games out there (suggestions so far include Super Mario Bros, Supaplex, Prince of Persia, Minesweeper, Repton). &#A0;I'm partial to doing that, but that said, I guess I'm ok with using extended graphics that are outside of any existing games

The terrain came from a Wolf3d TC. I'm already working on one at the minute.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2006, 01:06:34 PM »
Quote from: JM link=1135291547/75#84 date=1136977467
The terrain came from a Wolf3d TC. I'm already working on one at the minute.
Ok. &#A0;I looked up the game in wikipedia but I still don't know what the "TC" part stands for. &#A0;Also, if it's a 3D game, how come your terrain looks so 2D? &#A0;Just confused.

But anyhow, my main impression is that the graphics just seems a bit too plain and too many straight edges to feel like an extended graphics level. &#A0;Do you think you can try to add at least some decorative touches to it?

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2006, 11:22:33 PM »
Quote from: Sunrise link=1135291547/75#83 date=1136939812
This thing still going?

If so, I would be more than happy to remake some of my Cheapo levels(especially an Oblivion level of some description) for it, but I don't think I'll make any original ones.
This thing barely started, so do contribute! ;) &#A0;Cheapo remakes accepted as far as I understand.

(and welcome back, Steaver)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2006, 11:37:16 PM »
Okay, well I'll definately have an Oblivion remake at some time :D

Might do a special graphics level too... I have an idea for one ^_^
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Isu 2006

« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2006, 12:09:14 AM »
Hey, I'm back everybody. Did y'all have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year? :)

I think I'll need to contribute a level, It'll probably be a Lemedit remake of an unreleased Cheapo level. I'll most likely upload it tomorrow. I first need to decide which level it is I'm remaking.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2006, 01:23:10 PM »
Whoa, Steaver's back?

Welcome back! And since you're under a new username, I suspect you never got my PM, so I'll tell you here..... I beat Absolute Ultimate Challenge at last! Took me an hour and a half of solid play to get right, but I beat it with 100% and ten minutes to spare. I was so happy  ;)