Author Topic: Lemmings Plus DOS Project (third and final demo now available!)  (Read 52795 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus DOS Remake
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2009, 09:08:24 AM »
"Die The Death Of The Damned" has been modified. The release rate is now 50 instead of 99, and you no longer have the climber or digger.  Also, you only have one basher now, not two.

All old downloads (except the official demo) have been removed.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2009, 11:15:27 AM »
 :thumbsup: Very nice.

Although the fire pit isn't necessary any more. It still works as a decoration, I guess.

...Yeah, but that uses a glitch.
And...? It works, right?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2009, 11:56:00 AM »
Yes, as well as being a nice obstacle in the easier version of the level.

Anyway: I'm not really too worried about backroutes that use things that are definately glitches. To give an example: A backroute that uses that miner trick, or involves sliding the lemmings, I'm not going to bother too much about since there's no way that's anything but a glitch. On the other hand, a backroute done by direct drop, or a blocker turning a basher around, these could very well be intended mechanics and thus I'd be more inclined to fix them. And of course, completely traditional-style solutions that simply aren't intended (like cc's) are highest priority of all.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus DOS Project
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2009, 12:08:26 PM »
The level list has been moved to the first page.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2009, 02:40:02 AM »
Wasn't "The T Level" in the original Lemmings Plus?  I remember playing it...  not the "Return of the T" though.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2009, 01:24:10 PM »
"The T Level" was a level in the original Lemmings Plus, but the skillset was different to the one given in this project's version. "Return of the T" was indeed in the original, in the Insane difficulty rank, and is almost identical to the remake in this project (the only major difference is the time limit).

Anyway, in other news, I think I've finally eliminated EVERY non-glitch backroute in "The Framework". Here's the hopefully final version of the level.

My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2009, 12:49:11 AM »
Haha. I just realised how the name "Coalburner" (Psycho 9) makes it sound like a huge bomber-timing level. xD Maybe I should think of another name for that one...

My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2009, 01:50:31 AM »
Official demo is now available... see the first post. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Plus DOS Project (official 10-level demo available!)
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2009, 09:01:18 AM »
Mild: 4 levels completed
Wimpy: 6 levels completed
Medi: 7 levels completed
Danger: 7 levels completed
PSYCHO: 11 levels completed

There isn't an immediately obvious ordering between "Mild" and "Wimpy"; they practically mean the same thing.  I do like the sound of "Wimpy" though, maybe "Mild" should be renamed to "Wimpy", and "Wimpy" to something else?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2009, 10:07:15 AM »
Knowing me, I'll probably change the names a hundred times before release, so it doesn't matter too much anyway. :P
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2009, 12:51:15 PM »
Here's another challenge for you's...

My best for minimum skills on this level was 16. I'd tried several VERY different solutions (using various methods - old fashioned methods, bombing the one way wall, sliding glitch, steel glitches)... and yet, every solution I tried seemed to have the same minimum of 16 skills and cannot be improved beyond this point. Finally, I managed to find a 15 skill solution. My challenge is to anyone else: Match, or even beat, that!

Another one is on the harder version of this level (it's in the demo on the first page, level 8 of it). The level gives you 18 skills, and the solution requires all 18. Can you find a way to beat it with only 17? :P (The timing is VERY tight on this one, you'll have one second left on the clock when the last lemming exits.)

My Lemmings projects

Offline Fleech

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2009, 02:48:13 PM »
Nice level. I've just matched your 15 skills for the first challenge. I'll give the second one a go later.

Replay attached. :)

Offline Fleech

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2009, 09:31:05 PM »
The second challenge was quite a bit harder but I've matched your 17.

I had 4 seconds left on the clock and could have had more left if I'd placed a builder better at the start, so I'd be interested to know what your solution was.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2009, 09:55:31 PM »
Finally, I managed to find a 15 skill solution. My challenge is to anyone else: Match, or even beat, that!

How about 13 skills?  See attached (the replay uses CustLemm mechanics but can be done with DOS Lemmings too, just open the level in the editor with the right style to use the replay).

I haven' tried the harder version of the level yet.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2009, 11:48:29 PM »
Another one is on the harder version of this level (it's in the demo on the first page, level 8 of it). The level gives you 18 skills, and the solution requires all 18. Can you find a way to beat it with only 17? :P (The timing is VERY tight on this one, you'll have one second left on the clock when the last lemming exits.)

I got it with 16 skills, and the last lemming exits with the clock reading 0:07 (but pretty close to turning 0:06).  I will say though that the skills and time limit are indeed tight enough to make it somewhat challenging to work out the 16-skills solution in the first place.

(Once again, attached replay uses CustLemm mechanics but does not depend on it.)