Author Topic: Custom Level Remake  (Read 20121 times)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
Custom Level Remake
« on: October 25, 2011, 04:58:09 AM »
Does anyone have a level that you created and want to see be remade in the PSP Lemmings's editor? I can even make a video of the gameplay of that level. The level has to be from the original themes, like dirt, pillar, hell, marble and crystal.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Level Remake
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 08:14:25 AM »
If you're still interested in this, you could try one of the early levels in this pack. Any of the first four levels should be simple enough to put together, but my pick would be "Play Bridge" - which I remade for the SMS version here, and turned out to be remarkably playable on that version :).

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 10:08:42 AM »
Maybe it'd be interesting to see PSP versions of the Sega Genesis/Megadrive levels.  I'll point you to a website that has screenshots for those when I can dig up the URL, or maybe you can try Google.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 12:51:10 PM »
No requests, but if you need something to do feel free to remake mine.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 01:14:47 PM »
I'll do Play Bridge. I'm gonna have to beat the level first, just so I can make sure the solution is exactly the same, when I make the video, so you can try and tell me how to beat it. I love seeing the SNES and PSP levels transforming into each other.

I just remembered that this blue ice terrain is suppose to be those brown stuff in the PSP crystal theme but unfortunately that brown terrain is not in the PSP editor for some reason.

Edit: I beat the Play Bridge level. Now I will start building it.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 02:28:28 PM »
I was a bit disappointed with the editor, to be honest, because the main game is clearly all pre-rendered terrain and has more variation and extra bits floating around here and there, and so on, while the editor is difficult to use and based on tiles.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 07:21:11 PM »
I finished the Play Bridge level.

I found out in the Lemmix version of Play Bridge is that it's possible to save everyone and get 100%, but you'll need to be fast on clicking the Lemmings at the right time.

The video of the PSP version.
Lemmings PSP: Play Bridge
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 07:51:07 PM »
Nice work! :thumbsup: I quite like the contrast of colours in the PSP version, whereas everything is pink in the Lemmix version. Sad to hear the editor doesn't give you all the terrain pieces to play with, that is somewhat limiting in terms of visual designs at least.

Out of interest, does the editor let you mix tilesets, or are you restricted to a single tileset like in Lemmix?

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 08:06:56 PM »
You can use any tilesets on any theme, meaning you can put Egypt pillars on the Crystal, Dirt, Marble and Hell themes. All terrains from all themes can be put in one level, even the traps too. I sometimes play my Egypt level in the Marble background.

Maybe it'd be interesting to see PSP versions of the Sega Genesis/Megadrive levels.  I'll point you to a website that has screenshots for those when I can dig up the URL, or maybe you can try Google.

I went to Planet Lemmings and saw the levels and some of the original levels are smaller. :o Is it because of memory space or is the levels too big? There's some that I never seen before. Maybe those are the ones you were talking about it. They all look small, so building one won't take too long to make, but I never played it before, so I'll have to look for the solutions.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 10:29:25 PM »
I went to Planet Lemmings and saw the levels and some of the original levels are smaller. :o Is it because of memory space or is the levels too big? There's some that I never seen before. Maybe those are the ones you were talking about it. They all look small, so building one won't take too long to make, but I never played it before, so I'll have to look for the solutions.

Yep, you found the webpage I was going to link you to. ;) Yeah, they are actually smaller because of memory space limitations on the console.  Some are simply ports of PC levels but many are unique to the Genesis version, especially the ones in the two brand new ratings of Present and Sunsoft.  These unique levels are the ones I'd like to see remakes for.  There are plenty and you don't have to do every single one of them.  I can come up with a list of recommended levels to remake later, based on reviews threads found somewhere on this forum (from ages ago).

Some of the levels from the new ratings may be harder than the average levels in the original, so feel free to PM me if you need any help.  Although, most likely Google can yield a walkthrough or two if you so desire. ;)

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 12:15:01 AM »
So tempted to do this myself with one of my own levels, but I don't know how to get it off my PS2........

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 05:16:53 AM »
So tempted to do this myself with one of my own levels, but I don't know how to get it off my PS2........

Do you mean how to show your levels with the PS2 on the computer? To shows pictures, you'll need a digital camera, or to make a video of it, I recommend getting a Dazzle. It's best for recording gameplay.

I forgot all about these Egypt Lemmings 2 levels. I remade these levels a long time ago. Some of them are not perfect, like the terrains above the entrance in Mr Lemmy Lives needs to be higher and The Magnificent Severn has a backroute that I was too lazy to fix. I'll get back to the megadrive levels in the morning. I wasn't on my Laptop lately, since someone else was using it.

Do you remember?

Mr Lemmy Lives

LEMTRIS

Tension Sheet

The Magnificent Severn

Starry Threshold

So Close So Far

The Secret Of LEMH

The Mad Pursuit

Classic Tribes

Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2011, 07:47:25 AM »
I saw your PSP Special 1-10 of 36 level pack. They all look brilliant! :thumbsup:

What I used to do when I had a PSP was to re-create some (about 50) ONML levels and place them onto the PSP. Some of them do work quite well, especially No Problemming! :P I didn't need to make all that detail (Infact I can make this illusion work with all sets.) I don't think Flow Control would work though because there's no sucker trap in the original version. Anyway, how about remaking "Suicidal Tendencies" or "Pop your top". I would be interested to see the water areas and how would do the spheres in the PSP version.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2011, 10:07:44 PM »
I finished Fun 14 Room with no exit from megadrive. I never played the megadrive levels before but playing it after building it in the editor makes me feel like I did. I used the place on the left side to help me show where to put the terrains on the right. Suicidal Tendencies looks possible to build and looks I have to spam that round terrain in the Crystal theme, but the one in Pop Yor Top looks smaller.

Lemmings PSP: Room with no exit
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2011, 11:22:14 PM »

Do you mean how to show your levels with the PS2 on the computer? To shows pictures, you'll need a digital camera, or to make a video of it, I recommend getting a Dazzle. It's best for recording gameplay.
Wow, that's expensive, and complicated to get working.... I'm not sure I can be bothered.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 05:52:32 PM »
Setting up the Dazzle was complicated for me too at first. You need three RCA splitters for it and the instruction manual that it comes with doesn't tell you that.

Another megadrive level finished. Seeing a level remade with different graphics doesn't get old, because even though it looks different, it still plays the same way. I said in the other post that those brown terrains are not in the PSP editor but you can use the ice as a replacement. There's three types of those round circles. I think I made the hill at the a little too far from the vertical one on the left.

Lemmings PSP: Tea Time in the ball country

I'm gonna try to do Suicidal Tendencies now, but note that ONML has different terrains from the first game, so it won't look exactly the same.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 09:57:34 PM »
So I decided to remake one of my custom levels in the PS2 format. It turned out OK, although the timing is a bit off at the beginning. But I only have a CRT television and a s***ty camera, so this looks a lot better in front of my eyes than it does in the photos....

Here's the DOS level:

And here are the two photos of the PS2 levels (linked because i haven't compressed them):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15543016/lem/climbing-level-ps2a.JPG
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15543016/lem/climbing-level-ps2b.JPG

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011, 12:08:32 AM »
That was cool. Got anymore? I made the Suicidal Tendencies that minimac wanted. This level was annoying me because you have to really start the builder on the edge, especially on the one near the exit. 

And the video is for anyone that wants to see the level in action.
Lemmings PSP: Suicidal Tendencies
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011, 12:31:27 AM »
I don't, really; they take a while to make. I do have a version of this level here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15543016/lem/FIERY.LVL

although various aesthetic things are different about it, IIRC.

I'm a bit annoyed, because I know that it's technically possible to upload levels to the internet from my PS2 but I don't know how to connect the damn thing to the internet in the first place – it implied that I would need a special setup disk that I'd probably have to purchase or something. And creating levels is only really worth it if you can get other people to play them. (On that note, I haven't had any decent ideas in a while; the level I did make today, on a whim, is one of the few worthwhile ones, in that I was at least praised on here for it...)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 04:09:36 PM »
I have that disc but didn't know how to use it or have enough motivation to get it to work, so I never played my PS2 online. Speaking of online, there's one thing that me and someone from Europe found out about the Lemmings online. You can't download someone's levels from a different country. It won't appear on the list.

This level was hard to replicate, because of that bone terrain at the beginning. I'm sure if the developers were to do it, it will look perfect and everything else will be lined up the same way.

Lemmings PSP: Take a little rest

Lemmings PSP: Catch more Floaters

Lemmings PSP: Lemmings in the attic

Lemmings PSP: Under Construction

Lemmings PSP Dark Dawn
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2011, 02:26:41 PM »
Come to think of it... has anyone ever done the other way around – taking a Special level from this version and transferring it to a DOS Lemmings custom level?

Also, while we have a topic open about it, does anyone else who's played this get a bit annoyed at how much help they give you in some of the levels, and even then manage to mess up? That's not the first time I've played Special 26 (Back of the net!) and stared in dumbfoundment at the level because I assumed that the two red markers which tell you exactly where to bash were actually metallic lattice segments that you couldn't bash through. Maybe I just really wanted to think that they'd done something innovative... but no, they tried to make a hard puzzle and had to put markers in so that the makers of the game could aim it more at children...

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2011, 04:40:35 PM »
You mean the special levels in the PSP versions? I only made 11 of them. The first ten are in the level database and "Down the line" is in my Lemmix file. I haven't gotten around on making the other 9 nine levels for the levelpak. The topic for that was here: http://www.lemmingsforums.com/index.php?topic=560.0 I played the level just now and saw the red markers. I remember noticing that the red markers were a hint to the solution when I first beat it, but that was a long time ago. Either way, it is a let down that a level that is near the end will give you a hint on beating it.

I changed "Take a little rest" because I wasn't satisfied with it and not only that, the harder version "Temporary Peace" has a solution where you need to go up to the two terrains, so I replaced the big tree logs with the ground ones. What's cool about the remake version of Temporary Peace is that I included the backroute where you go under the steel to work. I can't make a video of it now because my RCA Modulator plug broke. I ordered a new one. Isn't it possible to E-Mail PSP game files?

Lemmings PSP: Temporary Peace
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2011, 12:15:05 AM »
Wow, very nicely done. 8) Under construction is practically indistinguishable from the original.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2011, 03:19:57 AM »
Yeah I like how Under Construction turned out. That curved stair wasn't easy though.

I forgot the thread is also about remaking other user's levels. I'll still be doing the other megadrive levels. I'm curious to see how Tricky 11 "Let's go to the moon" will look. I made one of Gronklems 5's levels, which is Restoration in Process. The only problem is that I didn't noticed the erased steel terrains there at the bottom, so I just put the indestructible wall where the steel is suppose to be over the yellow terrains. Other than that, the solution works pretty much the same way. Not an easy level, due to the timer.

One of namdia's levels in Lemmings Plus DOS Project - 02 - Mild (Part 2).

Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2011, 10:26:40 PM »
For the "suicidal tendencies" remake, is there really no way to make the horizontal wooden planks perfectly centered relative to the water below (like they were in the original version)?

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2011, 12:42:11 AM »
I think that is possible. To be honest, I was judging where to put the horizontal wood based on where the Lemming will land when he stops building by looking at a Youtube video of the stage. I forgot Lemmix has ONML in the levels viewer. I could've used that to help me build it.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2011, 02:09:41 AM »
I think that is possible. To be honest, I was judging where to put the horizontal wood based on where the Lemming will land when he stops building by looking at a Youtube video of the stage.

Well, that's a good strategy. ;)  The point of that level is requiring you to build at the edge of the horizontal platforms to reach the next place.  Preserving the original solution concept is good.  It's just that it seems you should be able to reposition the various terrain and objects to better match the original layout, and thereby avoid the awkward-looking arrangement with the horizontal platforms off-center.  Of course, not having a PSP I can't say I know the limitations of the editor in that version.

Anyway, I don't particularly care for that level myself, I'm more curious whether it was an editor limitation or something else.  Please keep going with the remakes. ;)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2011, 04:22:00 AM »
I finally got my RCA Modulator plug, so I can make videos of these again. Added videos in my other posts, like "Temporary Peace" and Dark "Dawn". I changed the "Take a little a rest" video.

Taxing 3: No Choice but to follow them.
Lemmings PSP: No choice but to follow them

To anyone that has played the Sega version, is it possible to reach the exit with only one builder near the exit? I mean at the lower terrain that comes after the one that is under the forth fire. The Lemming in my video will start building at the spot I'm talking about. Every video of this level I see in Youtube doesn't show the Lemmings building at that spot. They only show the Lemmngs building on the terrain that is under the fire.

Lemmings PSP: Where do you see Lemmings?
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2011, 09:17:43 AM »
To anyone that has played the Sega version, is it possible to reach the exit with only one builder near the exit? I mean at the lower terrain that comes after the one that is under the forth fire. The Lemming in my video will start building at the spot I'm talking about. Every video of this level I see in Youtube doesn't show the Lemmings building at that spot. They only show the Lemmngs building on the terrain that is under the fire.

Yes, it is possible on Sega with just one builder there.  Although you have to start building pretty much as soon as you drop down into the spot.  I think if you let the lemming walk for 2 or more pixels after dropping down before starting to build, then the bridge ends up connecting at the underside of the terrain instead of at its left side, and then the resulting height (6 pixels from terrain + 1 from the last bridge brick) is just too high to walk up.  Of course, one could've also just dig a little bit near the edge just before the drop, and then build.

(Beautiful job remaking that level btw.  The updated hell backgrounds on the PSP definitely jazz things up over the predominantly black and grey of the original.)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2011, 11:11:02 PM »
Thanks, I just wanted to make sure it's right.

That curved pillar doesn't exist in the PSP, so I made one up.

Lemmings PSP: Keep Step

Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2011, 11:45:17 PM »
There's a bit beneath the curved pillar that it looks like lemmings can climb up in the sega version but not in your one, by the way. IIRC, this becomes important for the repeated version of the level.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2011, 12:14:30 AM »
I thought that was the only copy. I should have checked that site carefully. I was gonna put that small hill too but I didn't think it was important.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2011, 12:59:54 AM »

:o Oh?  Wow, the curved pillars are featured quite a bit in the original versions of the Lemmings levels especially in the decorative parts.  "Lemmings Drops" (Tricky 13) is a particularly notable example.  Now I wonder what they did in the PSP versions.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2011, 01:19:07 AM »
I changed the "Keep Step" level.

:o Oh?  Wow, the curved pillars are featured quite a bit in the original versions of the Lemmings levels especially in the decorative parts.  "Lemmings Drops" (Tricky 13) is a particularly notable example.  Now I wonder what they did in the PSP versions.

The video here shows all the SNES and PSP level differences: http://www.lemmingsforums.com/index.php?topic=553.0
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2011, 01:30:53 AM »

Yeah, as in the video, it's left out. I can't think of any original level where the use of the round pillars is significant or used in the solution.

edit: this is correct: the only other single-player level with them at all is the ascending pillar scenario, and again it's only as part of the scenery. there is a 2-player level that uses them to make floating balls. Other than that, nothing. They get a lot more use in the Genesis version and in people's custom levels.

edit2: compare for yourself. I may have posted these links before – I think the snes one is from that Japanese site, and I made the genesis one myself with the images from planet lemmings or whatever site it was.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15543016/lem/lemgen.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15543016/lem/sneslevels.png

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2011, 06:56:45 AM »
I have to be more careful when remaking these levels, because when you go to user levels in the PSP Lemmings, you'll see a list of files, which is like a levelpak in Lemedit/Lemmix, because each of them can only hold 10 levels. Now this is where the problem is. If you're gonna remake a real level, you need to make sure to see if it has a harder version. If it does, did you need to put both the easy and harder version in the same file. That way you can duplicate the easy version into an empty level and change the skills from there. You can't copy and paste the easy version into another file. You'll have to build the level all over again, if you're gonna put it in another file/levelpak.

I just saw there's a repeat of "Tea Time in the ball country". I'm gonna have to delete Suicidal Tendencies and put it on my other memory stick. Lucky, there's five empty levels in the file where "Under Construction" is, so I can copy and paste that level and change the skills or the number of Lemmings that needs to be saved from there.

Lemmings PSP Don't Leave My Lemmings

Lemmings PSP: Precarious Oasis

Lemmings PSP: Fix the road quick

I don't think build this level right. A Lemming can reach the high stairs with only three builders, but I did placed the terrains the same way as close as possible by looking at the picture of the original version. If I move the terrains on the left to make it need four stairs, the level wouldn't look the same. I wanted to fix it, but I figured it will be time consuming figuring it out, without building the whole level again.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2011, 08:14:14 AM »
Nice work on my level!!!

I'll now state the question I always do... any chance of Oblivion working on PSP/PS2?
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2011, 08:24:04 PM »
I'll now state the question I always do... any chance of Oblivion working on PSP/PS2?

Never. There's always levels to be made, and the editor can give a game infinite replay value, but that all comes down to how many ideas you have left.

Lemmings PSP: Let's go to the moon!

Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2011, 02:08:35 AM »
Huh?

You know Oblivion's the name of one of my levels, right... (one of my oldest and favorite designs, to be precise)
My Lemmings projects

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2011, 02:17:18 AM »
I had a quick look at it, and I doubt it'll be easy if it is indeed possible, because you can't erase things on the PS2/PSP editor – so I don't know if it's possible to make so many staircases so steep. I'm also wondering how to complete it (with a vague idea) but not masochistic enough to bother trying right at the minute...

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2011, 03:08:15 AM »
Huh?

You know Oblivion's the name of one of my levels, right... (one of my oldest and favorite designs, to be precise)

I thought you meant the actual Oblivion word. :P I can't seem to open the Oblivion level in Lemmix. It gives me this error: TDosOrigStyle.FindGraphicSet 5 not found. Perfectionism does the same thing. All the other levels in the pack opens up.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2011, 01:03:30 PM »
Lemmix is a bit awkward sometimes – you have to pre-empt what style the level will be in. In this case, it's "Custom Lemmings". Right-click on the dat-file viewer and pick "change viewer style".

if it still gives an error, you're missing the graphic set, which you have to copy over from ONML and renumber.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2011, 09:01:42 PM »
It's working now. I don't get how are you suppose to turn all the Lemmings around with the second blocker without some of them going through him, while he's on the stairs.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2011, 02:04:07 AM »
Below is a spoiler on what the intended solution is so you can move on with figuring out whether it can really be remade for PSP:

Quote from: spoiler (highlight to read)
The idea is that all but one lemming has to be all assigned blockers on ground level.  The leader will trailblaze a path and then later bash to free all the blocker lemmings.  The awkward-looking staircases are suppose to prevent normal solutions of keeping everyone trapped between 2 blockers, the idea being that the staircase is too steep for a blocker to block the lemmings walking up the slope.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2011, 02:21:23 AM »
The "Let's go to the moon!" remake is interesting as a case where better graphics kinda detracted from the original.  The problem being that the PSP versions of the "stars" and the "moon" are somewhat less visually convincing as stars and moon.  Still, functionally it's a perfectly fine remake.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2011, 09:08:49 PM »
The stars is not in the PSP either. I used that little terrain from Pillar of Hercules.

Some of the nets look like erased terrains, and were impossible to replicate. Fortunately I can tell from looking at the picture of the original version that the solution doesn't really require the Lemmings to even set foot on the nets that I couldn't make, so it doesn't really matter.

Lemmings PSP: Go out for a walk?

Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2011, 03:58:16 AM »
On the contrary: there's a later version of that level with only bashers, so it may well have made a difference to it. At the end of the day, it doesn't really make much difference, although the solution may be slightly different. But it's a good example of where the PSP level editor is somewhat inadequate.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2011, 04:53:43 AM »
What's the name of the level?
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2011, 07:20:24 AM »
It's called "Where are you heading?".
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2011, 05:20:15 PM »
Here's the other version.
Lemmings PSP: Where are you heading?

You can give the Dirt theme the grass that's in the Marble levels, but it will make the terrain taller/higher, while in the old Lemmings, the grass and the brown terrains look like they are in the same height. The reason why the grass makes the terrain higher is because in order for the grass to show while it's behind the brown ones, you need to put it above the brown terrain. The Dirt levels are better off without it anyway, since the grass is not really from that theme and putting them takes a long time. 

Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2011, 07:36:39 PM »
You can give the Dirt theme the grass that's in the Marble levels

Nice job! :thumbsup: I never thought about putting grass on any of my PSP levels. Now it's possible to make "Haunted Botanical Garden"! ;P

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2011, 06:06:26 AM »
My Laptop is messed up right now, so I wasn't making more remakes because of that. A blue screen  with a "0x0000007E" number always comes up when windows is starting up. I just now realized that I can use the Internet from the Wii to look at the picture of the level, but I won't be able to upload pictures and videos. I'm getting a recovery disc and see if that helps. I'm just letting you know that I'm not really done with this topic, even though I wasn't updating it for a while.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2012, 07:01:04 PM »
That's a lot of brown. The stairs below the entrance was the annoying part. What's worse is that the next Sega level has a lot of those stairs. I'm still gonna build it. I can't make a video of this level, because my sisters's Laptop uses Windows 7 and it doesn't have the old windows movie maker with a capture video device button. I need windows XP for the Pinnacle Dazzle to record sounds with the old windows movie maker. I'm saving up to get a Laptop with windows XP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzOfgFn2vfQ
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2012, 05:33:55 PM »
Can anyone with the Sega Lemmings test if this solution works in the original "Let's go to the moon"?

Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2012, 09:00:27 AM »
Although I don't have Sega Lemmings, I can confirm on Lemmix that this solution works. Here's a replay (If you have Lemmix).

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2012, 02:57:47 PM »
How do I open a replay of a level that doesn't exist in Lemmix? Did you build the Let's go to the moon level in Lemmix? By the way, anyone wants to see one of their levels or one from ONML with the PSP graphics? I was gonna build this level next, but those stairs are annoying to build in the PSP, because you have to put every piece of the stair yourself and this level has a lot of it. It's not like in Lemedit/Lemmix where the stair is already connected for you. 

Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2012, 03:50:04 PM »
How do I open a replay of a level that doesn't exist in Lemmix?

You download it from here.

That solution does not work as shown on the Genesis (or Lemmix). The star is 109 pixels above the ground, so to reach it with nine builders, you need to use every brick. This is impossible if your sixth bridge starts from the left wall -- two out, block, two back takes you to the wall again, whereas you need to be further out. It is possible to build up the middle, but you have to go under the star; you can just manage to get high enough on the steel. This is possible either starting with a left-to-right bridge, slightly left of where you started so as to use every brick of the first two builders, or starting right-to-left as minimac does in his replay.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2012, 07:06:06 PM »
You know what's funny? In the original one, you have to build under the star, while in the remake that I made, you have to build over it, because you can't go through the star shaped terrains. :P Not that it matters, because the remake was made to be identical to the intended solution, where the Lemmings walk up the slopes, which is faster.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2013, 12:19:12 AM »
Proxima's Brute Fours. There's not enough space for three pillars on the far right. The PSP Lemmings has a higher ceiling but it's width is smaller.

Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2013, 12:44:37 AM »
That's awesome! 8) Do both solutions work in the same way?

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2013, 01:48:49 AM »
I only know one solution. I'll PM the one I used in the remake.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.