Author Topic: Best way to play "Oh No More Lemmings"  (Read 3037 times)

Offline Tiduas

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel with a focus on Retro and Indie titles.
Best way to play "Oh No More Lemmings"
« on: February 15, 2014, 03:45:10 AM »
After spending some time on this board lurking I've really got into the mood of playing more Lemmings games. So far I've completed the original (SNES), Lemmings 2 (SNES), Lemmings 3D (PC), and the PSP and PS3 versions.

The next game I want to go for is "Oh No More Lemmings" but I'm kind of lost regarding which version to play. I guess the old PC-version is the easiest one to get running? Or are there any other more modern versions with speed options and stuff like that maybe? Enlighten me!  :thumbsup:
YouTube channel about video game music, retro and indie games.
https://www.youtube.com/@Teedyan

Offline Luis

• View Profile
Re: Best way to play "Oh No More Lemmings"
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 05:09:51 AM »
You can play those levels in Lemmix. The only downside is no sound.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 05:17:03 AM »
^ No idea where you got that from... last time I played ONML Lemmix, it had full sound and music... (Amiga version music and Windows version sound, but still)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 05:37:01 AM »
The levels viewer is where the ONML levels are in Lemmix.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Tiduas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 06:08:18 AM »
Lemmix works like a charm, thanks for the help!  :D

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 06:54:39 AM »
I actually never played all of the ONML levels yet. It's about time I did.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 10:23:50 AM »
The levels viewer is where the ONML levels are in Lemmix.

... ummm, you do realise there's a dedicated ONML Lemmix player just like there is for Original, right? Are you playing them through the editor or something? (And IIRC, even that has sound, just not music...) If you're using the player and getting no sound and/or music, you might've turned it off by accident - first make sure the option on the title screen is correctly set, and if it is, (during gameplay) use S and M respectively to toggle sound and music on and off. Those shortcuts aren't unique to ccexplore's versions, they've been there since EricLang's original code and are in every Lemmix-based game that I'm aware of (LPDOS/LPII included).

The versions on EricLang's website are out of date (they don't contain ccexplore's improvements), here's a link to the up-to-date versions:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rurzngd7294fc87/Lemmix.zip

(Orig and OhNo only, there isn't one for H93. I should really compile H93 from ccexplore's source - there again, I may as well just make the changes needed to make it H94 instead.)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 02:43:45 PM »
I play levels in the editor. I never heard of this player.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Tiduas

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 01:38:33 PM »
And there the last level goes down! I didn't want to necro the level review thread about this game, but it was a really fun experience playing a level and checking afterwards (!) regarding the thoughts about all the levels.

Thanks again for recommending Lemmix as well! Even though I was about to pull my hair out sometimes beause of the lack of a lock-on feature it really was a convenient way of playing the game. In a week or so I'm going for Holiday Lemmings, just need to take a quick break from all the puzzle solving before starting it.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 02:27:32 AM »
I think it's funny that a game like this has blood in it. :D I remember the PSP version has the word splat in red when the Lemmings dies, which is probably blood too.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.