Author Topic: Have you passed all L3D levels?  (Read 10919 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Have you passed all L3D levels?
« on: September 03, 2004, 03:47:54 AM »
^
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
Re: Have you passed all L3D levels?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 04:54:37 PM »
I don't have Lemmings 3D yet.
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Conway

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 08:20:42 PM »
I tried it a few years ago, but I gave up half way through Fun. It's just not as good as the other Lemmings games, and it's so much more confusing!

Andi

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 09:15:48 PM »
I played also some FUN levels. And yeah, it's confusing. But it's nice when the Lemmings are talking. :D

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2004, 11:11:18 PM »
I don't know about you, but despite the fact that walkthroughs and demos and things generally discourage it, I find it MUCH easier to always use Virtual Lemming mode, except at one point in the level "Dot To Dot".
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2004, 03:16:15 AM »
I have solved every level, but a few of my solutions are obviously backroutes.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2004, 05:21:29 AM »
I know a lot of backroutes too. But except Chocolate Drop, Five Towers and Final Maze, I have done all 10 of the backrouted levels without the backroute.
My Lemmings projects

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2004, 02:06:55 PM »
I've done every level, some with the help of a walkthrough.
I don't really know any backroutes, though. Anyone care to give an example?

Offline Liebatron

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2004, 02:50:06 PM »
I don't have L3D.

Offline Lemika

• The Lurker in the Level
    • View Profile
    • Corner the Maze - a webcomic
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2004, 06:22:47 PM »
Nearly. I'm fairly far into Mayhem, as I recall -- still stalled on some golf level ... because no matter what I do, two Lemmings seem to go backwards or some such. It's probably a bug. O_o
I don't remember exactly, though.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2004, 12:51:56 AM »
Is it "Hole in One, Two, Three"? That is one of the hardest levels in the game. Good luck, you'll need it.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Lemika

• The Lurker in the Level
    • View Profile
    • Corner the Maze - a webcomic
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2004, 02:11:05 AM »
Yes. That's it.

Mad_Max

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2004, 09:16:19 PM »
Ages ago, I played through the game and I made it up to Level 74. For some obscure reason I don't remember, I stopped playing it there.

Although not as good than Lemmings 1 & 2, it still has it's charm. Maybe I'll play through it again when I'll have time and shall figure out how to make it fully work under Win XP.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2004, 10:58:38 PM »
I find that, except the sound, it fully works under Windows XP without any special effort.
My Lemmings projects

dark_phoenix

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2005, 08:06:27 PM »
I've only had the demo. I liked the music, but I didn't much enjoy the game itself.

Special_Gunpowder

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2005, 08:17:10 PM »
I found that the game was largely too easy until the last three quarters of Mayhem. Prior to that, the only level that ever gave me sufficient trouble was Play Time. I didn't mind the whole 3D aspect of it, but found a lot of the landscapes to either be too practical (with none of the subtle background details that made the original lemmings games great) or too decorative (e.g. the one with the giant Lemming head - good to look at but far too linear to be challenging). If they'd got the balance right more consistantly it would've been a better game.

Meggy

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2005, 08:58:58 AM »
My Uncle is going to get me L3D (Copy) & guess what....Its nearly my :bday: hooray!!!!!!