Author Topic: [OLD] Player Bugs / Suggestions  (Read 122470 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Re: Player Bugs / Suggestions
« Reply #105 on: April 08, 2015, 01:33:28 AM »
If I do a mass level image dump in a NeoCustLemmix pack that has only 10 levels, it gives me a "List index out of bounds (10)".
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #106 on: April 08, 2015, 04:44:24 AM »
This is an issue I was aware of a long time ago, but forgot to fix. :P Added to the bug list.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2015, 04:49:01 AM »
I have the same problem with this level i want to bring back "Texas Chainsaw Bomber"

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2015, 05:26:36 AM »
What are you talking about?
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 09, 2015, 06:52:19 PM »
Two graphical glitches:

1. In Doomsday Lemmings, there seems to be a tiny blue dot in the word "It's", next to the 't', in the pre-level screen. I've circled it in the screenshot below. Not sure if this affects all players.

2. The Sega style has some graphical glitches that leave the lemming looking like they are bashing on thin air; I've attached a screenshot to illustrate this. It may be too much trouble to get that fixed though, as that may affect many levels using the Sega style.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #110 on: April 09, 2015, 06:56:46 PM »
I could probably recolor the black pixels to a dark gray instead; the main reason they're black at the moment is because that's how it was in the actual Master System version of Lemmings.

As for the blue dot; there's a few letters in the font actually that have odd things. That's not a player glitch but rather the actual graphic of the letters in MAIN.DAT; the letters haven't been altered in any way as far back as the very original DOS Lemmings (though it is possible that DOS had some code that modifies how they're drawn, that isn't reproduced in Lemmix).
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 10, 2015, 03:12:49 AM »
What are you talking about?
The Out of Bounds error

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2015, 09:02:55 AM »
Can you send me a copy of the level?
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 10, 2015, 09:38:59 PM »
here it is

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2015, 10:18:45 PM »
There was a terrain piece with the ID number #82 in the level, which is well above the highest piece in the Fire set (#63), as well as very far outside of the level's boundary (it had an X coordinate of 4078; that's nearly three times the level's width) - the former is the cause of the error; the latter is just sort of a confirmation that this piece wasn't meant to be there or do anything. This could've been either due to a corrupted file or careless manual editing (particularly if it was in Lemmini format at one point), but regardless, here's a fixed version which removes that terrain piece (nothing else is altered).
My Lemmings projects

Offline PIGSgrame

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2015, 10:41:59 AM »
There seems to be a problem with the save falling distance in Copycat Lemmings (tested on 1.31n): In Mayhem 9 (Essentially the same), they survive the fall from the upper platform, allowing them to just walk into the exit without the need of even one bash.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #116 on: April 11, 2015, 01:53:21 PM »
Okay, I looked into this and compared it pretty intensely with both genuine Copycat Lemmings, and with Cheapo (using the same level), and found the problem - the safe fall distance is 3 pixels more than it should be when Cheapo Mode is active.

Will fix that for the next update. :) Would like to wait a bit longer before actually *doing* a "next update" though, because it's almost inevitable that some bugs will pop up with this version, seeing as it's one of the most major changes (even if 95% of it is behind-the-scenes stuff) in quite some time.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 02:14:41 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline PIGSgrame

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 12, 2015, 04:55:39 PM »
Will fix that for the next update. :)
Thanks!

I found another small issue, but I'm not sure if it's bug or feature: When you start any Neo player and directly go to the game (i.e. without selecting a rank first), you will always start in level 1 of the easiest rank, even if you've already completed levels. However, if you use the rank selection, eventually switch back to the easiest rank and then start, the lowest uncompleted level of this rank will be loaded (the same behaviour as with any other rank).

Wouldn't it be more consistent to always load the next uncompleted level and pre-select the rank that level on game start?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #118 on: April 12, 2015, 07:13:28 PM »
That is quite clearly a feature. :P

(Nah, I kid. It's a bug that I keep forgetting about any time I'm updating the bug list or actually working on the code... xD)
My Lemmings projects

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2015, 01:02:51 AM »
I think I've confirmed somewhat conclusively that the 10-second skip lag only occurs when there's bombing in the level.

It seems to happen especially if you press the space bar while the 'debris' is flying. Then it seems to lag if you use it ever again in that instance of gameplay. However if you wait until the whole animation is over it won't lag. I think the bombing animation is definitely what's doing it here.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain