Poll

Final Round - Vote for ONE level.

Wicked 03 "This Corrosion"
4 (33.3%)
Havoc 05 "There`s madness in the method"
8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: April 13, 2015, 11:01:55 PM

Author Topic: Oh No! More Lemmings! Level Voteoff (Winner: Havoc 5)  (Read 44378 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Oh No! More Lemmings! Level Voteoff (Current: Round 4, Section 3)
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2015, 07:59:13 PM »
Qualifying levels are:

Crazy 10 "ROCKY VI"
Havoc 07 "Creature Discomforts"

Round 5 is now up. :)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Oh No! More Lemmings! Level Voteoff (Current: Round 5)
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2015, 07:42:37 AM »
Just as a heads up, I've already prepared the first rounds for the next voteoff (once this one finishes), which will be a six-way voteoff between the four Xmas/Holiday games plus Covox and Prima. The decision to combine them comes from that the total number of levels they have combined is roughly comparable to the number of levels in any of the other voteoffs. So, if you need to refresh your memory of them, now's as good a time as any to start. :P

You can get them here:
http://www.neolemmix.com/old/lemmix.html

Or if you prefer NeoLemmix:
http://www.neolemmix.com/old/neolemmixplayers.html

In both cases X91 + X92 are in a single combined player, as are H93 + H94 (the former because even combined they only have 6 levels, the latter becuase in the original DOS versions too H94 contained all the H93 levels). If using the NeoLemmix version, please note that the voteoffs are based off the DOS versions while the NeoLemmix levels are based off the Amiga versions, which means Flurry 8 (H93) is an entirely different level. The regular Lemmix players are indeed based off the DOS versions.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Oh No! More Lemmings! Level Voteoff (Current: Round 5)
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2015, 11:01:47 PM »
So, our two levels that go through to the final round are:

Wicked 03 "This Corrosion"
Havoc 05 "There`s madness in the method"

But which one will win...? It's time to find out! :D
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Oh No! More Lemmings! Level Voteoff (Current: FINAL ROUND)
« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2015, 05:19:23 AM »
Well, WE HAVE OUR WINNER!

Havoc 5 - "There's madness in the method" has been voted the best level in Oh No! More Lemmings!, with twice as many votes in the finals as the second-place level (Wicked 3 "This Corrosion")!

Sooner or later, we'll see how it fares against Mayhem 20 from the original, as well as two other levels from the yet-to-be-held voteoffs.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Tiduas

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel with a focus on Retro and Indie titles.
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2015, 01:55:10 PM »
Altough none of my favorites won it still was a entertaining voteoff. Thanks for arranging it Namida! :)
YouTube channel about video game music, retro and indie games.
https://www.youtube.com/@Teedyan

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2015, 04:35:54 PM »
Ah, my favorite level won! :8():
Took me half a year to solve it back in the day.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2015, 09:21:11 PM »
Ah, my favorite level won! :8():
Took me half a year to solve it back in the day.

me too. :) well I don't remember exactly how long but it was one of the many of ONML that I used the "cheat" feature on with WinLems when I was younger. I only solved it when I came back to the game quite a few years later.

If you haven't seen it I recommend a tribute level by geoo called "There's a method in the madness" from his first pack.

Somewhere I said that ONML is filled with a bunch of filler levels that are tedious or boring, which is true but there are definitely some gems in here. Quite a few levels of which at the time were far harder than anything in OL.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2015, 11:11:07 PM »
I didn't have too much trouble with it to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I thought (and still think) it's a great level, but "Lemming About Town" was the one that held me up for quite a while in ONML (though not NEARLY as much as Save Me from L1).
My Lemmings projects

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2015, 08:46:12 PM »
L1 and ONML voteoffs are over, I can reveal my speculations without affecting the results at all. I thought that "No added colours or lemmings" was the biggest front runner in L1 voteoff "It's hero time!" behind it, but during the voteoff I started to ponder if "It's hero time!" would actually be the winner due to multiple solutions nature.

"This Corrosion" was the clear front runner in ONML voteoff, I predicted that that would have won it. At the beginning of the voteoff, the only levels I could think of challenging "This Corrosion" were "ROCKY VI" and "There's madness in the method". Quite a rise from Havoc 5 all the way to the victory in the end.

Aaaaand here's the topic that gave most hints for my predictions. This linked post even collected the previous data from the topic.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and my favourite levels were "No added colours or lemmings" and "This Corrosion", I voted for those every round. My taste hasn't been influenced by Lemmings forums, those two levels were my favourites already over 10 years ago, and when discovering this community, I was happy to notice that other people respected those levels too! :)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 08:54:00 PM by Akseli »