Author Topic: Glitches in Lemmix  (Read 5844 times)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
Re: Glitches in Lemmix
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2009, 10:14:40 PM »
Only so many objects (was it 16?) can have trigger areas in DOS lemmings, and the number of objects it supports and the number of objects that can have trigger areas are not identical.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 01:07:06 AM »
This isn't exactly a "glitch in Lemmix", since it's something that also happens on DOS Lemmings.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 01:37:31 AM »
Did you read all the posts?  I was trying to explain a glitch I found in Lemmix...  hmm...  maybe I'll just show it off like this.

The pic has green water (I was using the pink tileset when I found this, but I'm using the green in this one (I don't know why)) and pink water (to represent the water with a trigger area).

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 02:56:47 AM »
Oh okay, yeah we know about this one, it affects even levels from real games (eg. Holiday Lemmings).

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2009, 05:14:36 AM »
Oh, that. Yeah, I posted about it a while ago. This is what lets you solve "Check Your Hints!" by the first or second exit in Lemmix, when only the 7th works in DOS.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2009, 05:59:20 AM »
Here's an interesting but minor one: If you play a level, then exit on the results screen (not sure if you have to pass the level or not), then change to another difficulty rank, your position will still be changed. EG: Complete Fun 1, exit to the main menu on the results screen, switch to Tricky, and you'll start from Tricky 2.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2009, 11:26:46 AM »
Are you talking about the Lemmix Player here? Obviously this doesn't apply to the Lemmix editor.

And you didn't complete Tricky 1 before this happened?

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2009, 03:58:50 PM »
This is the Lemmix player that we're talking about, and I have tried that and it works, which is rather nice because I can find a way to skip "Steel works" without cheating :P
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2009, 10:23:18 PM »
Hey!  You're not supposed to use glitches to entirely skip levels!   ;P