Author Topic: Oh No! More Challenges!  (Read 112462 times)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Oh No! More Challenges!
« Reply #180 on: August 29, 2009, 11:53:27 AM »
Here's another short challenge. Fun 10: 100% with 2 blockers, 2 bashers, 1 floater and 4 builders.
Or 2 blockers, 2 bashers and 3 builders.

Kinda wonder how you used the blockers.  It's possible with just 2 bashers + 3 builders (and if you really try, 2 bashers + 2 builders).

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 29, 2009, 01:09:50 PM »
Here's how I did the Fun 10 challenge I made since you all did it differently. Highlight the hidden text below.

Let the first lemming build on the edge (Make him a floater). Make the second lemming a blocker. Let the third lemming build the left edge of the platform. Make the fourth a blocker to hold the others back. Watch the right floater and let him build into the starting block. Do the same with the left lemming only this time you bash right dropping both blockers. Bash left with the floater to get all the lemmings home.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 29, 2009, 01:39:10 PM »
And this is how I improved minimac's challenge:

First lemming blocks, second builds off to the left, third is a pass-through blocker. Builder falls to the left-hand L, builds, bashes to release blockers and crowd (importantly, by now all 20 lemmings are out, so the worker lemming has time to build over the gap while everyone else is going to the left). As soon as the worker crosses the gap, bash to stop him going too high.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 29, 2009, 01:56:02 PM »
I am starting to love these challenges. I've set up another one!

Tricky 5: 3 minutes with 1 basher and no miners, diggers or bombers. All other skills allowed.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #184 on: August 29, 2009, 04:50:58 PM »
Taxing 24: 100%, without any builder bricks directly below the drop that you would usually create a landing place below - however, you also must not prevent the lemmings from going up to it as a whole (you may prevent one or two lemmings from going up, if you find this to be nessecary, but the majority must be allowed to go).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Fernito

• Mapper wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 30, 2009, 04:22:31 AM »
Taxing 24: 100%, without any builder bricks directly below the drop that you would usually create a landing place below - however, you also must not prevent the lemmings from going up to it.

Let me see if I understood: lemmings can't be saved by landing on a builder brick?

Tricky 5: 3 minutes with 1 basher and no miners, diggers or bombers. All other skills allowed.

Done! Though it's far away from being a flawless replay, sorry for that.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 09:48:19 AM by Minim »
Like prog metal? Listen at Izkemia on MySpace or Facebook.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #186 on: August 30, 2009, 04:37:28 AM »
You're not allowed to shorten the drop I've red boxed here:
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 30, 2009, 04:45:30 AM »
Here's another challenge for Fun 10 - but a little more crazy.

Save 100% in 1 minute with no builders. In doing so, you must destroy the whole central block of terrain (beneath the trapdoor), and nothing else. The attached pic shows what you're aiming for.

Here's a couple of tips: (highlight to read)

- Bashers and miners can destroy a bit of terrain behind them.

- Blockers can turn diggers while standing inside the digger's tunnel.

- You can select a walker instead of a working lemming (which is normally prioritised) by holding the right mouse button and clicking the left.

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 30, 2009, 05:03:04 AM »
I posted this one a couple months ago on the old forums, but I'm going to post it again here for the benefit of some of the newer members:

Fun 22 -- Save 100% using the following skills:
1 Climber
2 Builders
2 Bashers
1 Miner
1 Digger

Offline Fernito

• Mapper wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 30, 2009, 05:04:25 AM »
Here's another challenge for Fun 10 - but a little more crazy.

Save 100% in 1 minute with no builders. In doing so, you must destroy the whole central block of terrain (beneath the trapdoor), and nothing else. The attached pic shows what you're aiming for.

Here you have :) (didn't read the tips).
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 09:50:38 AM by Minim »

Offline Fernito

• Mapper wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 30, 2009, 05:06:59 AM »
I posted this one a couple months ago on the old forums, but I'm going to post it again here for the benefit of some of the newer members:

Fun 22 -- Save 100% using the following skills:
1 Climber
2 Builders
2 Bashers
1 Miner
1 Digger

I'll give it a try! :)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #191 on: August 30, 2009, 05:07:41 AM »
Fernito: Clam's challenge says "Without destroying anything else", but you used miners on the bottom area, so you didn't succeed.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Fernito

• Mapper wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 30, 2009, 05:08:56 AM »
Fernito: Clam's challenge says "Without destroying anything else", but you used miners on the bottom area, so you didn't succeed.

Damn, didn't notice that part!  :-[

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 30, 2009, 06:05:33 AM »
Taxing 24: 100%, without any builder bricks directly below the drop that you would usually create a landing place below - however, you also must not prevent the lemmings from going up to it as a whole (you may prevent one or two lemmings from going up, if you find this to be necessary, but the majority must be allowed to go).

I think this challenge will be better if you redesigned the level rather than us have to follow the rules. ;)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #194 on: August 30, 2009, 06:09:13 AM »
There's no way to redesign it to acheive that. You simply don't build bridges that would make that fall safe. You can avoid the fall (but not by preventing lemmings from reaching it), but you can't make it safe.
My Lemmings projects