Author Topic: Epic Lemmings Fangame: Part III: The DOS exe  (Read 2984 times)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
Epic Lemmings Fangame: Part III: The DOS exe
« on: August 23, 2009, 07:34:26 PM »
I deleted the original topic...  instead of doing the changes now, let's wait a bit for the levels to be chosen out to see how many we need.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Epic Lemmings Fangame: Part III: The DOS exe
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 02:08:50 AM »
I can say that I could probably make it do more 160 levels (in fact, I wonder why it was even limited to 160 to begin with, I'll have to go back to my changes and see).  The upper limit would likely be around 250.  More than 80 lemmings however is not feasible.  Then again, tell me a level where having 100 lemmings as oppose to 80 makes any difference other than forcing the player to wait longer for the lemmings to exit. :P

Also, you really need more than 160 levels?  That seems like a lot.  If you have tons more beyond that, you can always split it up into Part 1 and Part 2, for example.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 03:43:09 AM »
Excuse for >160 levels:  minimac94's posts in the fangame topics show us the reality that picking the levels that make it in will be very difficult.  I mean, he wants to submit 150 levels?  That just shows how the level selection could be hard...

Anyways, get it to the upper limit, then.

Also, while I don't really need it I'd like it if the cheat could be put back in, though that may be asking too much.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 05:36:48 AM »
I can say that I could probably make it do more 160 levels (in fact, I wonder why it was even limited to 160 to begin with, I'll have to go back to my changes and see).  The upper limit would likely be around 250.  More than 80 lemmings however is not feasible.  Then again, tell me a level where having 100 lemmings as oppose to 80 makes any difference other than forcing the player to wait longer for the lemmings to exit. :P

Also, you really need more than 160 levels?  That seems like a lot.  If you have tons more beyond that, you can always split it up into Part 1 and Part 2, for example.

A Cascade-like level is just one example where the number of lemmings could make a difference.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 07:35:33 AM »
A Cascade-like level is just one example where the number of lemmings could make a difference.

I see what you mean, although Cascade itself worked fine whether you had 80 or 100 lemmings.

Which brings up another point:  since CustLemm doesn't support more than 80 lemmings either, there are (as far as I know) no custom levels out there right now that have more than 80 lemmings to begin with.  So what's the point in making the Fangame support more than 80?

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 07:40:14 AM »
Excuse for >160 levels:   I mean, he wants to submit 150 levels?  That just shows how the level selection could be hard...

Anyways, get it to the upper limit, then.

Not every single level Dullstar!  ;) I did say that the number of levels I have in all my levelpacks is 150 but I want to submit 30 levels (I could change the tree branch and make it 168 if you want to). Maybe should I change it from 30 to 40? I still don't like the idea of "submit as many as you want", I still like a balance and we might do an agreement about it.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 10:29:42 AM »
What's wrong with it? You submit however many you want, and the best 160 or so (out of everyone's submissions combined) go into the game? Or rather, the best 40 or so of each  difficulty rank.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 05:00:45 AM »
We don't know how many levels we are going to include, but SOME LEVELS WILL BE CUT, INCLUDING SOME OF MY OWN.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 05:25:40 PM »
Hrrmm...  Could we fix the clock issue in the exe?  I know DOS has a slow clock...