Author Topic: [SUGGESTION] [EDITOR] Remove Oddtabling option  (Read 8914 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [SUGGESTION] [EDITOR] Remove Oddtabling option
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2016, 06:44:27 PM »
This works very well for creating the initial version. Now suppose a backroute is found in the repeat that requires significant changes to the terrain. Assuming you aren't okay with just leaving some terrain differences between the two versions, you must either make those same changes in the earlier version, or change the stats all over again. Or, you could Ctrl+C the entire level, clear the terrain in the earlier level, then Ctrl+V - although this wouldn't copy, say, a change to the level size, or screen start position. These kind of situations - not just that of making the level in the first place - is why oddtabling was added.

I would prefer it to be kept for this reason. It is a convenience when making packs with repeat levels with identical terrain, which I like to do.

Does the "Import Terrain" option described in this post sound like an acceptable alternative to you? While other alternatives - or just leaving things as it is - are possibilities, this would be the easiest not-the-way-it-is-now option to implement.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [SUGGESTION] [EDITOR] Remove Oddtabling option
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2016, 10:59:49 PM »
The newly-uploaded experimental version (NeoLemmixEditor_V1.42n_1602161237) contains the proposed "Import Layout" feature (check under the Edit menu). It does not yet remove the old oddtabling. Give it a go and let me know what you think.

Note that I haven't yet tested it with SuperLemmini levels, but I did code it to hopefully work with it.

EDIT: Found a major bug with this feature; uploaded a new experimental version that fixes it. It also fixes the much-less-major issue that a popup message from testing / fixing during the layout import was still present.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 12:39:46 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)