Author Topic: Future of Loap  (Read 106 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Future of Loap
« on: May 16, 2024, 02:20:37 AM »
So, similar to NeoLemmix, I haven't had so much interest in Loap lately. On top of that, unlike NeoLemmix, there's also relatively little community interest in Loap at the moment.

With this in mind, I don't see much point in further development of Loap. The current version, while it does have some minor issues, is completely usable and allows playing all existing L3D content, and is compatible with user-made content via L3DEdit. And it's open source, so if the interest is there, anyone can pick up and take over development of it - and I fully encourage anyone with the interest and skills, to do so.

Otherwise, if 0.0.28.0 remains the "final"version of Loap - then it still means we have a perfectly viable way to play Lemmings 3D on modern hardware and OS, with some modern NL-like features, in higher resolution than the DOS game. That's still a pretty good result.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)