Author Topic: [BUG] [PLAYER] [FIXED] First frame animation of trap skipped  (Read 1605 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
[BUG] [PLAYER] [FIXED] First frame animation of trap skipped
« on: February 05, 2016, 03:03:07 AM »
Status: Fixed for next update. This update is going to drop very soon, so if you're updating your packs to use PNGs, you may as well wait to check they work fine with this too.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 03:30:08 AM by namida »
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Re: [BUG] [PLAYER] First frame animation of trap skipped
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 03:04:35 AM »
I'm not sure if this bug has been fixed yet. I know this has been raised in another topic before, but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

What happens is that the first frame of a trap animation is skipped when the lemming is killed by the trap. This carried over from traditional Lemmix.

Does this bug also apply to teleporters?
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [BUG] [PLAYER] First frame animation of trap skipped
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 03:08:11 AM »
I believe it applies to traps, single-use traps, and all variants of teleporters / receivers. It's been a known issue since forever, but was never fixed due to the risk of breaking existing levels. The plan was to fix it with the NeoLemmix V2.00 update, but with that project being dropped... yeah, I probably need to fix it at some point. Looking back, the "it might break existing levels" hasn't really prevented physics changes in the past (eg. the bomber asymmetry fix somewhere around V1.30n), so perhaps the right thing is to just fix it ASAP.

EDIT: I think the best idea is to just get this fixed as soon as possible, so that people can address this if it affects their levels at the same time as updating to use PNGs. Also - it does not affect receivers, only teleporters and traps (including the single-use variety).
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 03:30:37 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)