Author Topic: Ducks Editor Suite  (Read 2751 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Ducks Editor Suite
« on: December 18, 2016, 09:54:05 PM »
Some of you probably remember Hungry Software's game "Ducks". For those of you who don't, you can get it here. It's somewhat lemmings-like.

However, unlike the game itself which was possible to recover via archive.org, it appears there's no trace left of the editing tools anywhere. Was wondering if anyone on the forum might happen to have them sitting around? (Aside from the three tools included in the editing suite, there's also a fourth piece that wasn't included, the so-called "object editor" (in practice, it was very limited, but it did do some stuff). Even better if that can be found too.)

(EDIT: Editor - though not the object editor - found, and added to the above link.)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 11:56:14 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline kieranmillar

• View Profile
Re: Ducks Editor Suite
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 11:08:08 PM »
I've got the Editor Suite, and more besides, not the object editor though :( . Page should also have all user files for Ducks we were able to recover soon, and hopefully someday no eye-searing early 2000s web design:

http://www.kieranmillar.com/ducks/

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Ducks Editor Suite
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 08:17:39 AM »
Awesome, thanks for that! :) Also, welcome back to the Lemmings community!

I had actually tried to contact Tim Furnish myself recently, both about getting the editors, and about paying him for the amount a copy of Ducks would've costed back in the day (as back then, I myself not only pirated it, but also extensively bragged about doing so on the Hungry Software website). Unfortunately, I never got a response.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)