Author Topic: [TEMP-FIXED] [SUGGESTION] [TOOLKIT] Reorder custom images list  (Read 2163 times)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Note: A (possibly) temporary fix exists in V1.12, but the topic remains open for further discussion on the subject.

BitBucket: https://bitbucket.org/namida42/neolemmixplayer/issues/9/custom-images-list-needs-ordering

Currently the images for the rank signs are at the very bottom of the list, which requires lots of scrolling. But (together with the main logo) these images are the ones, that are most frequently changed in level packs. So the rank signs should be at the very top of the custom image list instead.

PS: Something completely unrelated, but too minor for a separate topic: One of the L2-styles is currently called "medival". Shouldn't it be "medieval"?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 11:01:48 PM by namida »

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTION] [TOOLKIT] Reorder custom images list
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 12:57:13 PM »
PS: Something completely unrelated, but too minor for a separate topic: One of the L2-styles is currently called "medival". Shouldn't it be "medieval"?

Noticed that error before, but changing the name of a tileset completely could cause errors to already existing levels as they search for a tileset that is not existant anymore. So I decided to let it be for now.
But as I think more about it you could change the tileset of an already opened level to a new one, so I will try to make a fix and see how it affects the levels and how they can be fixed again then.
If it is no big hassle at all I will upload a fixed version :)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 01:47:51 PM »
Ok update completed!
Added some missing stuff in egyptian aswell ;)

Just have to wait for namida to update the page-stuff aswell :)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 12:59:18 AM »
Basically, the reason they're at the end of the list is so that I could use a cheap hack to not display non-existant ranks - it cuts off the list after the last rank.

Would anyone find it a major problem if unused rank signs were listed as, eg. "(Rank 7 Placeholder)" or something similar? This would be the easiest way to move them near the start of the list. For the record, NeoLemmix currently only allows up to 15 ranks per pack, so it wouldn't too severely bury the other options.

EDIT: Another thought I had, that solves both problems. Should the rank names be put on the "Levels" tab (where ranks are actually created / reordered / etc) rather than the "Other" tab with most of the system graphics?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 02:34:33 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 04:24:19 AM »
Since I'd like to get this update out, I decided not to wait on replies. They're still wecome, for future revisions.

What I've done in the meantime is somewhat of a hybrid. I haven't changed the Custom Images box at all. However, I did add an option on the Levels tab to select (and indicate the presence of) rank sign graphics from there. So, use whichever you prefer for now. :)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)