Author Topic: Lomax plush!  (Read 4780 times)

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
Lomax plush!
« on: April 03, 2014, 01:22:21 AM »
I am proud to present my latest project - a plush of none other than Lomax!

If for some reason you don't know Lomax (though I expect most around here will!), he's from the Lemmings-series platform game, released as Lomax in Europe and Australia, and as The Adventures of Lomax in North America.

He was hard work and took ages to complete because he had to be almost entirely hand-sewn, so I think that he's earned his own thread, separate from my other Lemmings plushes. ;P

He was made using only Henk Nieborg's pixel-art as a reference, because the box and manual artwork are so far off of what's seen in-game that I don't consider them to be valid references.

He's eleven inches tall without his helmet; I observed that his legs make him a bit taller than regular lemmings in-game, and strove to make sure he stood a little taller than my pre-existing plush lemmings (most of whom are ten inches tall), as a result. With his helmet, when measured from the soles of his boots to the highest point of the feather on his helmet, he's fourteen inches tall.

Though his helmet is permanently attached, I made sure to take a couple of pictures of him before it was attached, to show how he looked without it. Here it is;

Lomax is my most complex work to date, and will probably be my last Lemmings-related plush project for a while, as I would quite like to grow my portfolio in other directions, now. :D

Anyway, I hope that you all like him. :thumbsup:

NieSch

Re: Lomax plush!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 12:36:39 PM »
Wow, it looks amazing! :thumbsup:

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 09:43:31 PM »
Superb!(as usual  :D )

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 11:46:25 PM »
Thanks very, very much, guys! :D

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 08:50:40 AM »
He looks ready for an adventure! Amazing plushie, and a great write-up too :thumbsup:

Offline Lomax

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 06:20:33 AM »
I must say, you did a REALLY good job on me! Just keep me out of the water, please, I can't swim!

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 09:00:14 AM »
Heheh, thanks guys. :thumbsup:

Incidentally, it seems that Lomax may not be my last Lemmings-related project for a while, after all (I guess once you get involved with lemmings, you can never get away from them :P ), as things have turned out such that I may soon be able to start offering one-at-a-time commission slots online, via my website. I'm currently working on a slight revision of my existing Lemmings plush pattern, that I want to complete beforehand due to a change in fabric availability that will be an issue if anyone commissions any lemmings, accordingly.