Author Topic: Lemmings for PC Soundtrack  (Read 3270 times)

Offline Tim

• Skype name: timfoxxy
    • View Profile
Lemmings for PC Soundtrack
« on: May 11, 2010, 10:06:23 AM »
Hey guys its been a while since I last used this site :P

Just thought Id mention that some of you may remember watching/listening to the lemmings for pc music I put up on Youtube some time ago, and some people were asking for a download of the full soundtrack.

Well, I have managed to find a place to store the complete sountrack and it is now available for free download for those of you that are interested!

Two versions of the sountrack are available. The first one is the complete, unchanged set of 23 tracks ripped straight from the game CD that I own. Two bonus tracks exist at the beginning (not heard in any level) and all 4 tracks of the special levels (Beast, BeastII, Menacing & Awesome). THis version is available here: http://www.4shared.com/file/ZFA9TQoN/lemmings_soundtrack.html

The second version has minor differences. All tracks have been renamed slightly, and the 4 bonus levels have been given their own unique file names. The two bonus tracks are not included in this version. This version is availabe from this link: http://www.4shared.com/file/DJC0KF80/lemmings_soundtrack_version2.html

There is a little wait time for downloading the files, but that should be the only thing in the way :P

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings for PC Soundtrack
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 08:51:00 PM »
Very nice! 8)

I do have a question about the origin of the music though.  From your youtube videos it looks like the music came from the version of Lemmings that run on Windows?  You mentioned it's from a CD, so I assume these music are actual tracks on the game CD (that is, if you pop the CD in a CD player it'd play those tracks, I think?).  Or are they really just regular files on the CD (probably MIDI files I'd guess, if it's really Lemmings for Windows) that you played and recorded back with your PC?

Are version 1 and version 2 from the same CD or different CDs?

Also, some of the music have a fade-out at the end, is that how it's really done on the CD, or is it some artifact of your ripping/recording/post-editing process?  Assuming the true original CD version does not have the fade-out, I'd like a version that does not have any fade-outs not actually on the CD, so that it's better suited for actual game use (eg. if someone modifies LemmixPlayer to play these music, we wouldn't want the fade-out, so that the music can actually loop).

In any event, thanks for all the work ripping and storing the soundtrack! :thumbsup:

Offline Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 01:13:33 AM »
Hmm lets see, which question to answer first...:P

Because the CD has an option to install the game onto the computer, it would appear that it is a Windows version of the game. It runs only on full screen mode, but I dont think that is compatible with recent versions of Windows. Apparently it is a limited edition of the game, as Ive been told it was only released here in Australia.

Yes the music is directly from the game CD, and are only heard if you keep the CD in the drive when playing the game. Whichever file type the songs are I am not sure, as I just ripped the songs straight from the CD onto the computer and converted them to MP3 format.

Both versions are from the same CD. The only real difference between them are simply different filenames (with the 4 special levels having their own seperate names in the second version). The first two tracks from the first version are not included in the second version (I actually have no idea where those two are from as I dont remember hearing them in the game).

Yeah the fading out is how they sounded originally, even when playing the game. They actually had a longer fade out sequence, but I shortened that (the only editing that was done for the songs besides removing silence periods). I think the music did loop with the fading out, but there was some silence between each loop as thats how the files were like originally.

I hope those answered your questions :)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 02:53:18 AM »
Thanks!  I've heard of CD versions of Lemmings (and own a couple of Lemmings CD myself, except none of them actually have CD tracks with music on them :(),  but it sounds like the one you have is a pretty rare and unique version thereof, given its limited release status, which makes me all the more grateful that you have ripped the music and uploaded it for us to enjoy! :thumbsup:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 10:45:55 AM »
OMG. The "Oblivion" track (as I call it, the one that was used in the very first Cheapo version of Oblivion, and is also my fav track) sounds simply awesome in that collection. Track 17, for those of you who don't know the one I mean.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 01:09:27 PM »
Of course with two versions of the soundtrack you will have to specify which Track 17 you mean :P (I am assuming the first version)

Some of you probably noticed in my youtube videos of the songs that Track 9 of the soundtrack (Track 2 in the second version) is my favourite track from the soundtrack. Unfortunately that song and possibly a couple of others have skipped small bits in the track. This is due to the original rip of the tracks having quick moments of silence in place of the music. My CD has ALOT of scratches on it now, so I was very surprised that the sountrack was ripped with near perfect quality. I mean shouldnt scratches render the disk next to useless? As I remember the CD still plays the game normally with the scratches.

Anyway enough babbling from me, I can see that people are liking the soundtrack :D

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 03:47:07 PM »
Is there any chance you had already ripped and uploaded the soundtrack sometime earlier?
Because I have a folder with music which sounds exactly like this in .wma format, and it also seems to have scratches in the same parts of the music.
Anyway, then at least I know now what that soundtrack is. On average this is likely the best rendition of the lemmings soundtrack amongst the versions I know.
Thanks for it! :)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 11:40:13 AM »
Any chance of a reupload?
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)