Author Topic: Worst game ever?  (Read 23299 times)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
Re: Worst game ever?
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2016, 06:28:44 PM »
Actually that game that Insane Steve and Ccexplore was mentioning about sounds quite bad. I'm not really into my pinball games at the best of times. I imagine there will be some good ones out there.

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2016, 01:58:32 PM »
I've since changed my mind on Pachi-Com because of what is quite possibly one of the best programmer comments ever:

It literally takes up 5% of the game's entire ROM image. (Slight bad language)
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2016, 11:12:42 AM »
Haha, that rant within Pachi Com is quite amazing :P

I've got quite some bad games for Atari ST, I think, but I haven't cared about them enough to remember their names.
There's one Nintendo-licensed game I really dislike, though. Of course, I don't buy games I'm likely to dislike, but my friend once found this in his room, didn't care about it and gave it to me.
It's Star Trek 25th Anniversary for Gameboy. Watching a longplay, there's more to the game, but I have never been able to make it through the first part, with the space shooter thing. It's just so tedious and boring, that I start losing my concentration and don't take enough care, take a hit too many, and have to start all over again. No, thanks. I'm not playing this again :P

Offline Ben H

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2016, 01:17:58 PM »
I think I just discovered the most horrible looking game ever on YouTube.

Bubsy 3D for Playstation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQKDM13Il1s

See if you can even make it through the intro, let alone watch the actual playthrough.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2016, 10:47:55 PM »
That game you posted about Ben H does not look good at all. :lem-mindblown:

I remember playing a game a long time ago where you hit the spacebar to crush the car that is going by. That what the game was all about just hitting the space bar everytime you saw a car go by. I think the cars went at the same speed also so it was probably one of those games that gets boring quickly.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2018, 11:38:50 PM »
I think a lot of people mentioning about tomb raider the Angel of darkness not being as good as the other tomb raider games as the controls and feel of it didn't seem right. I have to say that it actually turned out not a bad game.

I think at the time the game was rushed by the developers as they were trying to get it out fast, I think they might of been a dispute or something related to that. Hey I want to stick up for this Tomb raider angel of darkness game, it is actually not bad, I managed to complete that without the use of a walkthrough, last year. (The puzzles were great I felt)

Offline BBP

• View Profile
    • BB's lair!
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2018, 01:05:38 PM »
I've played my share of outdated games in my life as a Sierra fan. I've played through some crappy stuff because I liked someone in the cast. I've played live action adventures as a guilty pleasure.

None of those could be as embarassingly bad as Mozart, the Conspiracy of Prague.
Mozart the bomb-defusing superhero.

"Quick, we need to go to the Prague opera house, or else the bomb explodes!"
"No, let's play cards first."
(cue luck-based mini card game)

Best worst part was when one guy was credited with {needs translation}

Here's a video. Music's great though!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8R_vSHnxrw
Playing: Lemmings Revolution
Solved: 93 - Unsolved: 9 - Unreached: 0
Last completed level: The Long And Winding Road

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2018, 10:26:51 PM »
How about Custer's Revenge?

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2018, 07:50:00 AM »
Every once in a while I like to play some older games I haven't played in a while. With PC games, this can be a little iffy sometimes, what with compatibility issues and everything.

That said, I think Maxis wins the award for "Most Crashy Development Studio" of anything I've ever gone back to. Recently attempted to play SPORE and SimCity 4, which will run for maybe about 30 minutes to an hour before they crash. This is in contrast to most compatibility issues I've had, where the problem presents itself almost immediately, or the game just flat out doesn't run. And, to be honest, I can't exactly say I remember either of those games running very well back when I was running XP - I mean, they'd run a little longer before crashing, but you know what? Of those that are recent enough to run without an emulator/virtual machine, I can't think of any other games in my library - any age - that have crashing issues *at all*, with two exceptions - one crashes upon entering gameplay if nothing is plugged into the microphone jack (weird compatibility issue with newer versions of Windows, apparently), and the other is heavily modded.

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2018, 12:15:37 PM »
one crashes upon entering gameplay if nothing is plugged into the microphone jack

I'm dying to know, is this Star Wars: Battlefront II (2005)? This is the only time I've ever seen this issue and until I encountered it with this game I would never have even considered this could be a possibility. I always leave headphones plugged into my desktop's microphone port for this reason. That game is haunted.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2018, 10:41:14 PM »
@NaOH: Yep, that's the one.