Author Topic: Worst game ever?  (Read 23300 times)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
Worst game ever?
« on: June 09, 2009, 05:46:55 AM »
And, no, I do not mean statistically.  I mean by your experience.  ET is not the worst game we have ever played by those of us who have not played it.

From what I've played, I'll be willing to say that well, erm...  tough choice...

Elmo's Letter Adventure (though I loved it, like, when?  When I was three?)

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Re: Worst game ever?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 06:46:07 AM »
Crash Bandicoot stood out to me as being annoyingly unfun. I'm sure I've played crappier games, but at least those were fun at the time.

Offline The Doctor

• Jason the Human
    • View Profile
    • zapzupnz.com
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 01:19:44 PM »
I like Crash. It was like Super Mario going forwards. ... Still, Mario went out in every direction at that time so meh, win for Mario.

Game I consider to be the worst? Probably a tie between Cheesy on the PSone and Bubsy on the SNES. The problem I have with Cheesy is the confusing control scheme, and the problem with Bubsy is that enemies seem to pop out of nowhere thanks to the bizarre resolution choice of the graphics.
This Lemmings forum is simply *fabulous*!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 07:44:29 AM »
Crash Bandicoot is one of my favourites. :P

Worst? Hm... not sure. Pretty much any sports game I've touched.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Tim

• Skype name: timfoxxy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 12:53:22 PM »
I would have to agree with namida on the sports games being some of the worst. Except for some. Many of the Mario sports games, particularly Mario Power Tennis I have liked alot. Since wrestling can be considered a sport, Ive liked some of the WWE games as well.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 08:45:14 PM »
Probably Space Ace for the SNES even though I enjoyed that game when I was younger but now that i'm older, I realized so many flaws it has.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 09:28:16 PM »
This isn't the WORST game I've ever played, but I think Mario Kart Wii may manage to begin the end of the era of Mario Kart.  They managed to mess it up, and Nintendo doesn't seem to care that there are cheaters on online play.

I don't know about you, but I don't like doing online play against people who are too lazy to win through skill and not through their stupid cheat codes.  1 player games with cheats are one thing; online multiplayer with cheats is a whole different thing (if anyone doesn't think that cheats are making some people move at a noticeably faster pace than everyone else, please offer an explanation!).

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 11:50:48 PM »
People shouldn't play online if they can't win with skill alone. Nintendo doesn't care what you do online. They just want your money.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 06:45:18 PM »
I know!  That's why Mr. K and I dumped Nintendo and he asked for an XBOX 360 for Christmas.  It's about 9,000 times better than the Wii, even though isn't it a Microsoft product?

Offline The Doctor

• Jason the Human
    • View Profile
    • zapzupnz.com
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 11:05:07 PM »
I dunno, I like that Nintendo doesn't charge for online access to Wi-Fi Connection. The cheaters are annoying, and they're not patrolled as much as the other network, but I think that might just be because Nintendo products are traditionally those that you go for the first party titles rather than any other. The first party titles normally have engaging storylines, such that online play doesn't make sense.

Games that you play through and move on to the next are my favourites in that regard, and online games don't rank on that chart at all. I will add things like World of Warcraft therefore to my list of despised games.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 02:12:59 AM »
Can't say anything about World of Warcraft.  Have not played it.  Have no plans to.

Offline The Doctor

• Jason the Human
    • View Profile
    • zapzupnz.com
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 02:17:51 AM »
Can't say anything about World of Warcraft.  Have not played it.  Have no plans to.

Hehe, I hope you keep it that way. :D

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 03:38:29 AM »
A friend of mine talks about it so much it's annoying.

What am I supposed to say?  "Sorry, but I don't care how you tortured those 'blood elf' thingies yesterday/last weekend."

Offline The Doctor

• Jason the Human
    • View Profile
    • zapzupnz.com
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2009, 03:52:31 AM »
This is true. My flatmate constantly talks about how he went up a level in the level of Eternal Servitude of the Master of Potato Peelings; how his Banana of Justice won't let him take his Wolf into the Fortress of Inconvenient Cheatcodes; how his experience points are depleting because when his character is revived from the grave, he only gets half of his Attack Points of Destiny ...

It all sounds like drivel to me, and I'm not one to accept <noun /> of the <adjective type="dramatic" /> <noun style="essence:abstract;"> written in pseudo-Gaelic as something worthy of my attention.

Now, you say to yourself, the idea of humanoid creatures falling out of a trapdoor to find a door which doesn't seem to go anywhere is even more absurd then having animals with magical powers with sentience enough to accomplish dangerous quests while flying on Gryffons competing or co-operating with/against people whose usernames reflect an unhealthy addiction to 4chan ... well, go stick it in your ear. :P

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2009, 04:08:09 AM »
Truer. 

People who love WoW seem to hate it when someone doesn't care, but then they don't care about what someone else is saying.  By golly, if you can talk about WoW to me I should be able to talk to you about SPORE or my computer problems!  I tried to do a comeback by talking about SPORE or complaining about Windows/Microsoft/IE, and he was not happy about it.  Into the pile of "comebacks that suck."