Author Topic: Favourite Lemmings Music Version  (Read 18533 times)

Offline finlay

• View Profile
Re: Favourite Lemmings Music Version
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2011, 09:49:16 PM »
I missed the bit about it being "fan-made" (I just took that as the video being fan-made, not the music itself). And yeah, I really know nothing about Sonic except that he's blue and spiky.

I mean, I can hear the baseline and I know that that's out of the megadrive port, but the rest of it clearly isn't, so it was confusing for me.

But fair enough – I think if you'd explained that, I wouldn't have got annoyed at it. Plus anything that looks like an advertisement garners a very negative reaction from me, which is why I didn't like the first post of yours, which looks like you're rattling off a wikipedia description of the music of Lemmings.

Offline Adrian060756

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2011, 04:32:49 AM »
ccexplore = ''Youtube is full of these kinds of music video combining music (often remixed/remastered) with random snippets of video, only some of which are related to the video game''.

It wasn't just Finlay saying the video was unrelated but you too ccexplore.

You guys don't have to like it but it would be nice if you research the content in the video first in future before posting that the video is ''unrelated'' to Lemmings in such a negative way. I too am sorry for not explaining about the content in the video first off as I was unaware of the negative feedback it has now generated.

The video did not contain ''random imagery''only those who are unfamiliar with the SEGA Mega Drive console and it's FM-YM2612 sound chip and the Lemmings port itself would say that. I maybe new to this site but I know what is related and what is unrelated to post to this forum. I could've purposely posted a mash up I know of which has Justin Beiber singing over a Lemmings song which is entirely unrelated to each other but instead I posted something that was related.

First of all I myself did not remix the music track, someone else made it on Youtube by the username of ''tomatzu'' I got his permission to upload my own video with his version of the song, I also had to ask ArtyGirlZiggy ''Zonic'' for her images to put in the video and that there explains why there is two annotations on the video, one for tomatzu's original video and one for Zonic on her vocal album version. Sonic is in it too as a little small tribute to SEGA as the music (not just the bass but also the percussion) sounds like the Mega Drive.

If i'm guilty of anything then it's that I didn't explain all this in my first post but however I didn't think it really mattered and I certainly wasn't expecting so much negative feedback.

As for Finlay: About my first post, I was only expressing my love for the SEGA Mega Drive port of Lemmings, I was not advertising, just explaining in great detail how the MD/Genesis port sounds with it's arrangements of the songs. I've been a massive fan of Lemmings since I was a little boy and i've especially been exposed to the SEGA versions throughout my childhood and this is a topic about the music to Lemmings afterall so there should be nothing wrong with me explaining about the song list.

Offline Adrian060756

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2011, 04:56:44 AM »
To help even more to make sense of the first video I posted, watch and hear this second video.

She is singing a Lemmings song so although the sound is completely different, it is still related to Lemmings. :thumbsup:

Zonic - Enjoy the show (Album version)

I wonder if this one will recieve negative feedback?

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2011, 05:25:23 AM »
ccexplore = ''Youtube is full of these kinds of music video combining music (often remixed/remastered) with random snippets of video, only some of which are related to the video game''.

It wasn't just Finlay saying the video was unrelated but you too ccexplore.

Yes, but it wasn't a criticism.  I was just pointing out to Finlay that a lot of youtube videos of video game music tends to be like that, it isn't meant to be a judgment call.  My only negative feedback was on the music itself, that as a remix it wasn't very distinguished (for example, seeing that it featured Sonic in the video, I was thinking it would've at least go into some sort of Medley or fusion of some Sonic music).

Anyway, I think you're blowing this way out of proportion. :-\ Only Finlay and I has any kind of feedback that is "negative", Simon's feedback is basically positive, and no one else has any feedback (so neutral majority basically).  And only Finlay objected to the "random" imagery.  And of course no one bothered to research anything because we didn't know it's not random!  With youtube having so many videos of all kinds of quality and relevance, and having no prior knowledge, is it not reasonable to assume that the video features Sonic because whoever made the video also like Sonic games, and that maybe the girl is the same person who made the video?  In which case there would be no reason for us to expect any further research, correct?  Sorry you feel so negatively about the feedback, but it's hardly civil to call our feedback and opinions "bitching" either, you know. ;P

===========

As for the video of the girl, I honestly can't say I particularly like my Lemmings music being turned into that ;P, but that's my personal taste (and there's no denying that it does make for a memorable video), and I certainly have no objections to posting it here.

Offline Adrian060756

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2011, 09:27:13 AM »
I never said or implied that it was criticism of what you said ccexplore, you guys have every right to voice your opinions. I was just pointing out that you too commented that the visual content in the video was not all related to Lemmings, only somewhat when you originally said that it was only Finlay who did.

Like you and Finlay not researching the visual content in the video because ''you did not know'' I too did not go into detail on explaining the content in my second post because ''I did not know''. I didn't think anybody would kick up a big stink about it. In my first post I went into great detail about the MD/Genesis soundtrack to Lemmings and Finlay for one didn't like it, Finlay thought I was advertising which furthered his anger. When I then posted the first video Finlay couldn't understand what it was all about and says that none of it made any sense, so it seems to me that it makes no difference whether I give great detail on something or not, whatever I have to say or post will be recieved as negative posts. I'm not liked much on Youtube so it's no doubt that my bad luck would only follow me over here.

It's not a case of me ''blowing this way out of proportion'' i'm just bringing up these little bits that you and Finlay said in your first posts incase it goes undetected on here which would make me look like an ass.

I personally am a very open person who enjoys the fact that there are other gamers, artists, producers and singing popstars out there making their own versions of game music songs from my childhood and anyway it's not like the remixes and remakes are gonna overshadow the original versions. The original masterpieces especially on the Amiga will always be there. I personally think what Zonic did was a brilliant thing, she definitely has a beautiful voice, just a shame she can never get the video or song published as she did not compose the music, only the lyrics.

I think the fact that the videos I post on this forum contain some new content but are still related to Lemmings in some way keeps everything fresh and more interesting to this site. As they say: ''Variety Is A Spice Of Life''. 8) Adding something new but still staying true to the original formula can only be a positive thing. ;P

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2011, 02:20:11 PM »
Sorry, anyway, I was basically being an ass. :-[ Her song is OK; I'm not sure I like it personally, although I quite like her voice (at least in this version – she sounded a bit more whiny on the version she recorded on her webcam, which I watched yesterday). Well, actually, I much prefer the other song she did based on the track 'Lemmings 2'*. I can't hear what the lyrics are meant to be though.

It's not terribly surprising if we haven't heard of these things – they've only got 1000 views on Youtube and it's a big wide world out there on Youtube. So yes, it is nice to see a bit of variety.

I guess the other thing about the first video is that as cc says, now that you've told me it was a remix I can recognise it for what it is and I understand, but at first I just assumed that it was from a different port of Lemmings (and I know it's not the Megadrive music, even if it's based on it, which confused me further). I mean there are so many different ports out there that it's very conceivable that it's just a version from a different port that I haven't heard yet. I misunderstood "fan-made" in your post, thinking that it only referred to the video, not the music itself.

* this one: http://youtu.be/t-1fhI0yWwU

Offline Adrian060756

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2011, 02:45:59 PM »
I apologize too for not explaining about the first video in greater detail. The last thing I want to do is argue on this forum with the many other brilliant minds and masters of Lemmings such as yourselves over posted videos. It's just that your first post Finlay really caught me by surprise, I wasn't expecting such a strong negative reaction but anyway.

I apologize to Finlay and ccexplore aswell as the administrators of this site for any inconvenience caused. From now on when I post a video I will be sure to give a full description about it's content.

Happy Gaming :thumbsup:

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2011, 09:18:50 PM »
* this one: http://youtu.be/t-1fhI0yWwU

Oh wow, that is so much better. 8) I too thought the first one (the one Adrian060756 posted) sounded a bit karaoke-ish, although on a re-listen I think it might be partly be the music arrangement not working with her vocals quite as well as this one.

Offline Adrian060756

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2011, 08:45:31 AM »
Hmmm... I actually think the one I posted was better ''Enjoy The Show'' by Zonic, because not only is it my favourite Lemmings song but it's also uploaded in higher quality sound. Miners And Climbers is just as good really, I can't hear anything wrong with her vocal range in either song and I can't find anything to criticize about either but I prefer ''Enjoy The Show''.

The other thing I noticed is that she spelt the title wrong ''Minors And Climbers'' i'm pretty sure there's meant to be an e in Miners.

And as for the version of ''Enjoy The Show'' that she recorded on her webcam, I think that was a just a demo recording which explains why it sounds like something from American Idol. The one I posted above was the full album version. :)

Offline Adrian060756

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2011, 07:47:13 AM »
Here is an example of putting a Lemmings song to good use.

This video features the Mega Drive version of ''How Much Is That Doggie In The Window'' (My favourite version)

The video shows short clips taken from the BBC's 1990 comedy sitcom ''Keeping Up Appearances'' where you see Onsolw's dog barking at Hyacinth in the window of the car. This content is entirely safe to post and does not infringe copyright, it was uploaded to Youtube along time ago.  8)

The Dog In The Window - Keeping Up Appearances

Offline Adrian060756

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2011, 07:59:20 AM »
Hey have you ever wondered what Lemmings would feel like playing it with the original version of ''How Much Is That Doggie In The Window''?

How Much Is That Doggie In The Window was composed by Bob Merrill in 1952 and sung by Patti Page. It's played to the Mega Drive port of Lemmings perfectly synchronised. Once again the song is safe to post and does not infringe copyright. :)

Lemmings/Patti Page How Much Is That Doggy In The Window

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2011, 08:45:35 PM »
Just wondering: would you be interested to listen to the Atari ST musics of Lemmings, Oh no! More Lemmings and Lemmings 2? It sounds a bit like Tandy on PC. I could record them for you if you want.

Otherwise, the simplest way to listen to them would be to directly take the .SNDH files along with JAM for Windows.
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...