Author Topic: Lemmix Level Pack Topic  (Read 146888 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmix Level Pack Topic
« Reply #270 on: May 03, 2014, 04:28:11 PM »
Here. A Lemmix version of CustLemm, at last! =)

This works the same as normal CustLemm. Slap in a LEVELPAK.DAT file and play away.
It will use custom GROUNDxO, VGAGRx and VGASPECx files if they're provided, if not, it'll use the default ones (using the standard numbering system, with the LPII styles also included as #10 through #14).

It will play those replays just fine, by the way. One thing to be noted, if it ever matters, is that in the few cases where there's differences between CustLemm and OhNo, it follows OhNo mechanics at the moment.

The music, by the way, is just randomly selected from all the Orig and OhNo tracks.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6w13qc9ht6fr465/CustLemmix.zip

Also, solved level 4. This level looked annoying at first, but actually turned out to be very clever and enjoyable.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 04, 2014, 11:12:44 PM »
The database contains now an updated version of my level pack. Apart from (hopefully) removing the backroutes, I replaced level 9 with its slightly simpler version and included replays of the intended solutions.

@Akseli: Your second backroute to level 8 still works, but is much more difficult to execute (e.g. the miner has to be stopped midstroke). As removing it completely would have had other negative consequences, I will leave it at this.

@namida: I got your replays to work using the Lemmix Editor with OhNo mechanics after modifying LemmixStyles.ini. Nevertheless thanks for making the Lemmix Player. Your solutions for levels 1, 3 and 4 are intended and I would be very surprised if you get your backroute for level 2 working in the new version (though it's theoretically possible).

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 05, 2014, 01:35:32 AM »
Nepster; these level were good and they seem pretty popular. Would it be okay to include any of these in the next big community levelpack? No idea right now when this will be made, mind you  ;)
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 05, 2014, 04:11:13 PM »
Feel free to use any of my levels in any way you want.

Offline Turrican

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 06, 2014, 07:02:56 PM »
@Turrican: I would be interested to include your solution to level 7 as well. OK with that?

Yes, of course!  :thumbsup:
My Youtube channel ( Turrican Lemm )  :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYGFBOHdYITHlsqa203Tu8Q

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 16, 2014, 11:22:02 PM »
I found a new solution to Time Gate (version 5), though considering it uses RR fiddling again, maybe it's unintended. I waited posting it because I wanted to make an adaptation of the level that is based on a nice solution that saves 8, but I think I'll just attach my save 8 solution (that one's for version 4) instead as I don't have the time right now.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 17, 2014, 11:26:49 AM »
It seems that allowing to free the lemmings on the left and right with a builder was a bad idea as your solution is again a backroute. And you don't need to make an adaption based on your nice solution - this level is already meant to be exactly that (at least when all the backroutes are removed ;)).
Another update is coming soon...

EDIT: V6 uploaded on the database.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 13, 2014, 04:11:56 AM »
here's a preview of my upcoming levelset mobius05. "Plinto" was my fourth pack.

I'm trying to make these levels my hardest yet. I don't want to focus on glitches or bizarre tricks but this one level here is supposed to feature a very bizarre trick.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 13, 2014, 01:15:14 PM »
*sigh* in my sleep I realized a quite obvious backroute which I'm not sure how to fix immediately.

I might point out that this level actually should technically utilize three specific tricks, though they are all closely related.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 16, 2014, 01:08:50 AM »
here's a preview of my upcoming levelset mobius05. "Plinto" was my fourth pack.

I'm trying to make these levels my hardest yet. I don't want to focus on glitches or bizarre tricks but this one level here is supposed to feature a very bizarre trick.

Recently, I tweaked/fixed the code of the Android game, and I've loaded your level in the game to see if everything was still going well (I already made tests with Plinto's levels). So here's a screenshot :D

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 16, 2014, 02:59:28 AM »
cool  8) amazing that these things can work on so many platforms.

Incidentally I think I'm abandoning that level. The idea might be interesting but I don't know how to fix it and don't really care.
Mobius06 is at 9 levels right now (some are old, levels I made exclusively for MobiLems for people who haven't played that or don't have Lemmini) but others are new)

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 07, 2015, 10:00:08 PM »
---new levels!!!!----  :party:

I started making this latest levelpack a long time ago but could never finish it. so I decided to upload it now rather than putting it off forever. That's #6. #5 are levels that were present in MobiLems but never released for Lemmix.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 09, 2015, 09:43:40 PM »
Solutions for new levels!!!!  :party:

Except for "General Tsao's Lemming", I had two solutions that both failed because of 1-2 pixels, but didn't get closer. I suspect not backrouting "Ascension" and "Five Easy Steps...", I found those two great!

Also möbius, the Lix level contest, please.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 16, 2015, 02:32:31 PM »
An update on that latest levelpack--
all need fixes but right now I was only able to fix four levels.  General Tsoa had a problem; a piece of steel where it shouldn't have been making the level impossible. Sorry about that to any who played. It should now work fine.
The other levels fixed were:
Obstacle 1, cirque du so lemming [not a major fix], Ascension, Cliffs of Insanity

The others are backrouted but I don't know how to fix them yet. Five Easy steps could be fixed but not with old Lemmix's broken mechanics.

note: after this I'm not going to make any more levelpacks for old Lemmix. Anything I make will be either for NeoLemmix or Lemmini/Superlemmini [probably superLemmini]

http://lemmings-db.camanis.net/levelpack/ag1zfmxlbW1pbmdzLWRichYLEglMZXZlbFBhY2sYgICAgMOVgAoM/
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 07:51:26 PM by もびうす »

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 17, 2015, 08:54:33 PM »
Solutions to the latest update of Mobius06.

Ascension is a brilliant level :thumbsup:, even though I needed pixel-precise skill assignment.
I had many great ideas for Five Easy Steps, but the final solution was slightly disappointing. But it still took me surprisingly long to find it.
I suspect, that my solutions to Who by Fire?, The First Will Be Last, Cliffs of Insanity and Pearls before Swine are not quite intended.