Author Topic: Lemmix Level Pack Topic  (Read 146852 times)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
Re: Lemmix Level Pack Topic
« Reply #225 on: January 21, 2013, 01:49:45 AM »
That's a lot of solutions that I didn't know about in the special levels had. That "No Justice for the Hero" 100% works in the PSP too. I didn't edit the level though, because there was nothing else to fix, so your solution was done on the latest version.

I remember there use to be a website called www.savethelemmings.com. It doesn't exist anymore. That url now just takes you to a PlayStation website. In the PSP Lemmings manual, it said you can download levels from the Lemmings website, but there was no way to download the two new ones there, because a download link was nowhere to be found. Now that I think about it, what was the point in putting those two levels in a website, when they could have just put them in the UMD? I could have put those in Lemmix too. Maybe they want it to use the website to come up with more levels, but never got around doing it.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 04, 2013, 06:14:01 PM »
The first level in mobius1 has a backroute. I would fix it myself and uploaded it to the database and even put his name as the creator, but then there will be two mobius1, since I can't delete the other one.
In many cases levels can have multiple solutions and that's not a bad thing. Actually, I guess many people think that some levels are even better when they can be solved in different ways. Maybe we let authors to do level editing to their own levels. I also know that möbius wants that this level (Roundabout) can't be solved in only one way, and many of his other levels are similar having multiple solutions.

I don't think building on thin-air is a glitch, I mean, what else would you expect to happen. The underlying issue is that the digger just continues digging as long as there's something to dig away under him, even if it's just a pixel at the very left/right.
I principally meant that last row when a lemming has dug everything around him but he still can be assigned builder, and this trick is needed in some BulletRide's levels. :)

So, Luis, have you already played many levelpacks of different level makers? :)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 04, 2013, 07:05:55 PM »
He said that backroute in Roundabout is fine, since the level was suppose to be easy. I'm still playing mobius1. I was busy with other games. According to my solution in "Jacob's Ladder", the level has five Bashers, but you only need two of them and it was a test of trying to pay attention to the Lemmings on both sides. It was fun, even though it hurt my arms, because I wasn't using the rewind feature and no pausing to see which Lemming is the climber.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 05, 2013, 03:07:39 AM »
He said that backroute in Roundabout is fine, since the level was suppose to be easy. I'm still playing mobius1. I was busy with other games. According to my solution in "Jacob's Ladder", the level has five Bashers, but you only need two of them and it was a test of trying to pay attention to the Lemmings on both sides. It was fun, even though it hurt my arms, because I wasn't using the rewind feature and no pausing to see which Lemming is the climber.

Jacob's Ladder is pretty much busted. I attempted numerous fixes to it months ago when I first made it but nothing worked and I eventually gave up. I needs some major changes to ensure the intended solution but I don't really feel like doing that at the moment. I might someday.

I guess I'll play the PSP levels now. They can't be too hard since they weren't user made.  ;P
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 05, 2013, 05:23:38 AM »
I think it's fine the way it is. I tried the level again and getting the solution to work is easy now and finding which athlete to bash with is no longer a problem, but this is based on my solution. I don't know about the intended one.

If you want to know how the special levels look like in the PSP, you can watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_ICH7qAIWg The video contains solutions, by the way.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 27, 2013, 07:24:17 PM »
Forgot to update my latest level pack for this thread.

Here's the download for the forum per Akseli's request. Details about this level pack are here.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 02, 2013, 01:11:28 AM »
My fourth official pack level pack (code named: Plinto). It's Lemmix AND Lemmini compatible (2 files for each version) Askeli already helped test it a bit but I expect more back routes.

level 4 hook, line and sinker, is probably easier in Lemmix and may in fact be busted because traps don't work good enough.

level 6 Last Lemming Standing, is heavily inspired by Ellischant's level Life as a worm. My initial idea for this level did not work so I tried to find another interesting solution for a long time and finally got one.
It requires a bit of precision but nothing too demanding.
oh, maybe it's worth noting, I reached the terrain limit for the first time creating this level  :D

Level 10 Suspended Animation, is heavily inspired by Yawg's Stranger than fiction.
However these levels are similar in design only, in fact I haven't solved either of the former levels.

My fifth pack will be mostly easier levels designed for beginners (sort of like Clam's 5th pack). So if  these levels are too hard for you wait for that one! (it's already in progress).
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #232 on: October 02, 2013, 02:32:17 AM »
The level editor part?  Maybe, haven't tried it.
The playing levels part?  No.  It doesn't work.

Okay, this is OLD but I have to say... I personally have run Lemmix on WINE in the past and it definitely works. Sound support is sketchy (but then this also happens on some Windows Vista/7 systems), but the gameplay is perfectly fine. Though I haven't tried test play mode from the editor; I'm basing this on the Lemmix Player.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 05, 2013, 08:00:43 PM »
I played Plinto level pack in Lemmix and sent my solutions to you, möbius. Couldn't there be the DAT-file also, so playing in Lemmix would've been smoother? :)

I suspect backrouting most of the levels, but I liked very much 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10. And the rest of the levels I guess I backrouted the baddest. :P My favourite is probably 'Suspended Animation'. Overall these levels were quite fun to play, and I see that you currently in level designing concentrate on "easy to execute if you know the solution" aspect, because only level 9 needed a bit precision.

'Last Lemming Standing' and 'Over My Head' took me the longest time to solve, and their solutions were a lot simplier than I anticipated. That's always well done if a level can confuse in that way. :)

Offline jammer64

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 06, 2013, 09:16:58 PM »
Hi, guys! I'm new around here, although I've been familiar with the series for roughly 20 years ;) I'd like to share my first levels in little preview pack that contains 5 levels. I hope to release a little more in full fledged bundle but it shall take time, I presume ;) Levels are rather straightforward and not too overdone - very possible that they play like some of the original ones. Majority of them relies on timing rather than puzzles, but hopefully, levels will be fun to get through. Looking forward to read your opinions, pieces of advice and critique ;)

Preview can be grabbed here Jammer Pack 01 preview

Levels use Custom Lemmings set but I'm not really sure if any problems with paths can appear.

Cheers!

P.S. Captcha at this site is really painful. I have to request new pic five times at average.

edit: Oops! Pack needs some update as second level is unpassable. Don't know how it could happen - all levels were tested and solved. Update on its way.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 07, 2013, 05:33:59 AM »
The first level isn't beatable. Nine Lemmings will splat, after coming out of the entrance and floater can't turn around to save. Were these made in Lemedit? I remember if you build a level in Lemedit, than play it on Lemmix, it will look different. I'm not exactly sure, if it effects the entrance. I haven't used Lemedit in a long time.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline jammer64

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 07, 2013, 08:39:19 AM »
Thank you :) All levels are created with Lemmix. I see that spoiler tag is not available thus I've sent you a PM with solution. I can only tell that all levels are mostly about precision ;)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #237 on: November 07, 2013, 09:26:43 AM »
Thank you :) All levels are created with Lemmix. I see that spoiler tag is not available thus I've sent you a PM with solution. I can only tell that all levels are mostly about precision ;)

We've found our own way to do spoilers. I can't remember exactly what it is, but it involves using a quote tag and a certian color.

Edit: Do this:

Code: [Select]
Quote from: Spoilers
Text goes here.

Result:

Text goes here.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline jammer64

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 07, 2013, 09:51:09 AM »
Great, thx!

So:

You have to set falling lemming to floater and then right at the ground turn him into builder. It's all about pixel-perfect precision and practice. Fifth level contains the same thing. In general levels require greater precision to accomplish subsequent procedures. Sometimes one pixel can change everything ;)

Apart from that levels shouldn't be tough themselves - especially in comparison with other packs I've been trying to play through, you people are really insane! :D

Offline jammer64

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 07, 2013, 10:06:01 AM »
In many cases levels can have multiple solutions and that's not a bad thing. Actually, I guess many people think that some levels are even better when they can be solved in different ways.

I remember having passed ONML second level from Crazy in different way than intended. I haven't used this floating little platform. Instead, I've climbed at the left wall, dug it almost to the end, switched into builder and instantly dug again. And finally I've built bridge to the top of left wall. :)