Author Topic: Lemmix Level Pack Topic  (Read 146819 times)

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmix Level Pack Topic
« Reply #165 on: May 21, 2012, 12:18:32 PM »
IIRC I solved that one before I even knew about the nuke glitch, so it's certainly doable without :). (I solved all these packs a couple of years ago ;)) There's a more-or-less 'normal' solution, using another well-known trick.

The nuke glitch isn't implemented in Lemmix, or the Lemmix Player either AFAIK, so you have to work out the glitch percentages yourself if you use these :P

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 21, 2012, 10:19:14 PM »
After reading your notes I realized I found an alternate/ much less annoying solution to Watch Ye Step!:

>>>set release rate to 99. let 5 lemmings go then block. the five will go and 4 sacrifice themselves in the trap for the fifth. Make the fifth climber and let him go all the way to near the exit. Then dig, build to turn around and mine down so the miner tunnel is near the corner of the terrain near the traps then bash so he's bashing away the top of the floor. Let him go all the way to the left to free everybody else. He will die. You loose 5, the maximum I think. But the save requirement didn't really "help" me because 45. 90% seemed like a arbitrary requirement.

Can I remake this level for Lix? I really liked it a lot.

-------
for Why can't they just run, I 90% sure it can be saved using a stuck climber, I basically almost did it, I just need to work out the fine details.

-set RR to 50~60. Ignore the top section.
-lem 1 bashes then quickly builds to bash only a sliver in the pipe. he turns around and make him build left.
-lem 2 walks up into the sliver--make him build, he then turns around and do the same
-lem 3 walks into the sliver--make him build & he gets stuck. Make him climber. He'll begin climbing up inside the pipe.
-at this point the left facing builders are usually almost done, continue to build them so they hit the ceiling and turn around.
-lem 4 has to build in the sliver to continue making the hole smaller and build when he turns around
build him also.
-get lem 5 stuck once more then make him a climber also.
-have lem 6 bash through the pipe and raise the RR to 99
-the first stuck lemming should be near the top now and make him bash to the right when he's close enough to the top to open it up. Make him a builder fairly soon to stop.
-have the second stuck climber bash a little lower to open up the bottom and free the top. She should stop bashing when he falls.
-all the lemmings should have a clear path to the exit. All the other builders should hit the ceiling soon.

[In Lemmini, it takes more builders to make the hole smaller for the climbers. (Because the basher makes a larger hole before you can stop him). But I liked using that anyway because you have directional selection to select the climber going up. You have to bash to the right]

I'm curious what your solution is Clam :)
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 22, 2012, 09:51:38 PM »
I found a slightly alternate (very slightly) solution to "Becha can't save just one". But it uses no glitches and saves a few skills you intended.

-do what you did until after the first bomber hole in the left lower wall. Instead, have the lemming that climbs up it, bash or mine left to leave a path for himself and the one in the second section. Then they can both climb up to the exit area of the third section and bomb and build. So I used one less builder and basher. Totally I used; 2 builders, 2 bombers, 1 basher and 1 miner
I played it in Lemmini. I used only one basher at the start: he kept bashing through the pillar after the steps. I think that's behavior exclusive to Lemini. It doesn't happen in Lemmix.

this is another good candidate to remake imo. No stuck climber glitch in Lix. The layout and title really fooled me.
---------------
"The Magician's Secret"
I have a strong feeling this isn't the solution but just let me know if it is or not. (or if I'm even close) your hint didn't help me much. ;P

-get a climber stuck in the wall by trapping him with builders in between two of the jagged ledges. then build him to get him stuck. (normally he won't get stuck just climb up to the next ledge but trapping him would require a possibly a ridiculous amount of precision. Then mine down to save everybody. I tried this a few times but didn't come close.

also, sorry for calling your level pointless. :-[  I was right then but it doesn't work in Lemini
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 21, 2012, 01:46:43 PM »
Heh, didn't notice the above post until just now. It's funny how we both had the idea of remaking "Betcha can't save" at close to the same time. (EDIT: And damn, is it annoying when a post referring to the previous one goes onto a new page!)

I've also made a 2P / 4P version, which TM and I tried out last night, and it works really well!

Magician's Secret: No, that's not the solution. Highlight: You're correct that you have to use the stuck climber glitch, though.

Finally, I'd like to announce my first level pack, which I've called "TMChallenge" as it was based on an idea TM suggested in the reverse levels topic. On ten levels from the original game, the exits have been moved into the decorative terrain. Skills and stats have been kept the same, with the following exceptions: Tricky 13 gives 20 of each (and not 50 builders); Tricky 22 requires 81% saved, allowing you to use all 15 bombers; Mayhem 25 requires 100%; Mayhem 29 gives 8 minutes. I had to fix Mayhem 29 a little, moving two terrain pieces by a single pixel to make it possible to complete. All levels are now completable, and all except the obvious ones are 100%able. (If you already downloaded this pack from the reverse levels topic, please download the fixed version from the database.)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 23, 2012, 04:27:23 PM »
I've just been playing the pack Eymerich02, which geoo recommended on the IRC last night. Completed all except 4 and 7. (I manually corrected the three-entrance levels before playing; I assume this is correct procedure.) Are these two definitely possible? Also, does anyone know who "Eymerich" is? Some of these levels are really good, and might be candidates for remaking in Lix.

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 23, 2012, 04:50:40 PM »
I've just been playing the pack Eymerich02, which geoo recommended on the IRC last night. Completed all except 4 and 7. (I manually corrected the three-entrance levels before playing; I assume this is correct procedure.) Are these two definitely possible? Also, does anyone know who "Eymerich" is? Some of these levels are really good, and might be candidates for remaking in Lix.

Well I know their Youtube and they made a few levels in the lemmings heaven contest which were very good and has an account there, but other than that I don't know anything about them.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 24, 2012, 10:48:03 AM »
Ah, so Eymerich = Ellischant.

Attached my solutions to 4 and 7. 4 had me stumped for quite a while as well, as for some reason I thought you couldn't release a blocker with a miner from the same lane (and I think it also depends on the alignment of the blocker modulo 4).

And my solution to 7 feels pretty efficient, I like this one a lot.

Mod Edit: Restored attachments.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 07:41:25 PM by Prob Lem »

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 30, 2012, 08:19:13 PM »
I played almost three weeks ago Thick Molasses levelpacks 1-4 from Lemmings Level Database and found those pretty interesting. There were some levels which reminded me of Lemmings Revolution (Show Trial), tseug's levels (Conundrum and Icing on the cake), Pieuw (A Towering Tower), ONML (A Fearful Symmetry), Martin Zurlinden (A Soulful Bounding Leap!) and Insane Steve (Hard Times and 6 Gaps, 5 Builders). There were also nice remakes of Fun10/Taxing9, Fun8/Tricky22 and Fun9/Tricky26. Brute-forceish, endurance levels were included too, such as Send in the Clowns and Ouch Me Head (which is actually a title of one Revolution level also, I think), but mostly I enjoyed some neat puzzle levels here. Special Relativity I mentioned already in http://www.lemmingsforums.com/index.php?topic=253.15 , but I liked also the hectic In my time of dyin'. Solution of Lemmings in Motion was fun and I had to try Tinker Tailor Soldier Lemming a couple of times before I found the solution, to my mind level is always successful when it has very simple solution but it still can stump the player. :) There were other nice levels, but these four levels made me particularly glad.

I passed 38 levels, I didn't find a way to solve TM2 level 10 "As complicated as it looks". There are 20 builders, and I counted that at least 12 builders go for the lemmings on the right and the lemmings on the left need at least 10 builders. I can't see how to save more builders. Another one I haven't beaten is this Havoc15-looking A Fearful Symmetry, TM3 level 6. My best solution needs one lemming more to be saved, it uses both the blockers and the bomber, when required is 18/20. Maybe someone has interesting solutions for these levels? :P

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 30, 2012, 11:40:09 PM »
thanks for the remarks.  :) (I'm thick molasses btw, I changed my name cause I got really tired of it and it's too long)

"as complicated as it looks" may indeed be impossible. I think I forgot to actually check that I just quickly thought 20 was enough builders without actually thinking about it. sorry.  :-[
However 'A fearful symmetry is definitely possible.  (I'll check anyway). The solution is deceptively simple  ;)

I might start making some new level soon.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 25, 2012, 12:10:13 AM »
I was playing ISteve10 and I finally got more than half way done. I did however find a few backroutes and I am by the way, playing the “revised” edition. However, I wouldn’t get too upset because none of these were easy to find and still had much fun playing them. I attached replays of all of them. I liked how every level in this set seems to be tougher than the previous one. And so far it’s held true I’m at This is a gate level and it’s the toughest yet.
If I can beat this whole levelpack maybe I’ll move on to geoo’s which are even harder I think. It would be nice if people still discussed their level packs for people like me who still play these.

For, The Duct Rise Lemmings I found two: the first “easy one” is a clear easier method but the second ‘hard’ one is harder than the intended solution.

On Empty Space is hardly a waste, I also found another (other than the one I uploaded) which I think is only possible on Lemini and it’s extremely difficult. It involves building up to the left exit platform from the left using only two builders and you bash once at the top and he’s high enough that he stops. It’s extremely difficult to build at the right spot to make this achievable.
I still don't quite understand the intended solution even after reading it in your help file.

--------------

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 25, 2012, 08:40:40 AM »
Awesome! I'll put these solutions on my netbook and have a look next time I'm on it (probably while screwing around when I should be paying attention to physics class hahaha). Thanks for uploading them; glad to hear you're enjoying my pack. Maybe I should get to work on ISteve11.dat after all...

As for Empty Space's intended solution:

The idea is that the middle lemming needs to mine in a pixel precise spot directly over the dividing wall between the two rightmost chambers under the starting spot. A miner on a platform of that thickness will dig out four pixels, and the wall between them is two pixels wide. By mining in exactly the right spot, you can make one pixel gaps on both sides of the wall with one swing. Using the middle lemming allows seven lemmings to fall in the middle chamber (where you can assign floaters to them and get them out by bashing from the left) and seven lemmings to fall in the right chamber (where they can fall safely and be assigned climbers to exit the pit). The 15th lemming is your worker.

This is probably the most backroute prone level in the pack. I'm not sure if anyone actually did it the intended way their first time actually

"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 25, 2012, 05:56:31 PM »
Nice solutions möbius! You managed to backroute "The duct rise lemmings." which I watched from Steve's Youtube channel before I played custom levels, so my solution for that level was the intended one.

Today I tried "98... 99..." which was the only Steve's level I hadn't passed yet and now I nailed it! My solution again wasn't the intended one, so I'll send replay of that and some other solutions of mine soon for you Steve, if you like. :) So, now I've beated all the 100 levels and I'm with great excitement waiting for ISteve11 ! :)

I liked how every level in this set seems to be tougher than the previous one.
I noticed this too! Quite a few levepacks have a steady difficulty curve, which makes playing a levelpack more enjoyable to my mind. The only level in ISteve10 which felt unplaced for me (but only a little!) was Jumping the Shark, which I beated after the levels 1-4.

If I can beat this whole levelpack maybe I’ll move on to geoo’s which are even harder I think. It would be nice if people still discussed their level packs for people like me who still play these.

This is one of my favourite topics in these forums and I'd like too that there would be more action here. Geoo's levels are the very hardest levels of the Lemmings Level Database for me, so take a look at them if you want some insane challenges. :P I've now played almost half of the levelpacks from the database and rated the difficulties for them, check those out. :D And I could also recommend some nice levelpacks with different difficulties and so!

However 'A fearful symmetry is definitely possible.  (I'll check anyway). The solution is deceptively simple  ;)

Hehe I beated that level like two months ago but it was a quite cunning level. ;) So möbius, your other levels are all for Lix? Maybe I should get more familiarised with Lix and play it more.

I myself haven't ever seriously done level editing stuff although that was my dream when I was a little kid, but nowadays when making levels is possible, I don't feel to have enough will and time for that, and I haven't get used to Lemmix editor for example. But I love to play other lemmings people's levels and I find it fun to review and talk people's levels, like I did very briefly about möbius' levels last July. Maybe it is ok to write that kind of stuff about different levelpacks in this topic and I'd like to do more that some time. :)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 25, 2012, 09:33:46 PM »
woah, Steve has a youtube channel? [smack head] I looked for videos of some of those levels long time ago and couldn’t find them.

As for Empty Space's intended solution: etc...

what the hell I mustn’t be using the correct style (Custlemm style?) or something because my lemmings die when they climb from the right most chamber (going left) and fall into the middle chamber. In any case it was still a really tough and good level.

Hehe I beated that level like two months ago but it was a quite cunning level. ;) So möbius, your other levels are all for Lix? Maybe I should get more familiarised with Lix and play it more.

thanks. Some of my levels in Lix are copies of these. (Though some have fixes/differences) Lix is nice that there aren’t a million glitches and some new features. Of course I really like the graphics of Lemmix so I like both.

I didn’t know where else to put this, it’s as good as any I guess. I plan on playing Bullet’s levels sometime soon. Somebody (I’m assuming you Akseli?) rated his as pretty hard.
By any chance have you beat Tseug’s level Oh no not again? That one is infamous as being incredibly hard for unknown reasons. (I'm kind of obsessed with it)
If you ever make some levels keep in note that some of the people here, notably ccexplore and geoo are savages when it comes to puzzle solving and backroute finding. So if you need to find backroutes go to them.

I'd like to try and make some good levels using the lesser used terrain like snow or bubble

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 27, 2012, 12:21:40 AM »
woah, Steve has a youtube channel?
Ha, there's only one video and that's The duct rise lemmings. :D I can't remember how I ended up there, probably through a recommendation of some other Lemmings video.

I plan on playing Bullet’s levels sometime soon. Somebody (I’m assuming you Akseli?) rated his as pretty hard.
Yeah, I rated them five stars. ;) They're definitely the easiest 5 stars packs, but I still found them to be harder than those packs which I've rated 4 stars, and I decided to follow Simon's advice and rate packs so that there would be approximately equal amount of each ratings. So, I find BulletRide's packs like 4,5 stars. ;D I can possibly change my mind and lower some of them to 4 stars, though. Anyway, they're quite tough and many levels use tricks. I've also thought of writing here some kind of a review of BulletRide's packs, we'll see.

By any chance have you beat Tseug’s level Oh no not again? That one is infamous as being incredibly hard for unknown reasons. (I'm kind of obsessed with it)
Actually, I originally registered to these forums when I found tseug's levelpack and I wanted to see solutions for those levels from Tseug's levelpack topic, so the same thing happened to me which happened to you: I watched ccexplore's replays of those levels last winter and I was like 'Whoaaah!!' but after that I decided that I would never again spoil my fun like that and I'll try myself to solve levels. That was then when I was just starting to play custom levels and so. :P But now later when I played Tseug's pack I passed "Oh No, Not Again!" quite trivially without using climber or floater and keeping RR the same all the time, replay attached.

If you ever make some levels keep in note that some of the people here, notably ccexplore and geoo are savages when it comes to puzzle solving and backroute finding. So if you need to find backroutes go to them.
I'm fully aware of geoo's, ccexplore's and also some others' skills, what I've read and seen during these months on these forums, I always get amazed when I see some solutions of them for example, in the Challenges board. For instance, geoo's "Tame 13, 1 builder, 100% saved" challenge is totally out of this world. I've myself done backroute testing for some people already, too! That's great fun. :)

- - - - -

By the way, does anybody know any lemmings level download sites other than the next ones?

1. The Lemmings Level Database http://lemmings-db.camanis.net/levelpack/list
2. The Lemmings File Portal http://www.camanis.net/lemmings/lemmingswelt/index.php?dir=levelpacks
3. Lemmings Heaven http://www.lemmingsheaven.info/index.php?page=uploadlibrary
4. Garjen Software http://www.garjen.co.uk/Lemmings.php

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 27, 2012, 02:39:31 AM »
heres the one I used to go to:

http://www.lemmingsuniverse.net/downloads.html

they had links to LemEdit but not Lemmix or Lemini or Custlem- which I couldn’t get to work which is why I never found custom levels until recently.. 
-------
Bullet’s packs are hard. Man, I’m stymied at the first level.
Alright I’ll have to start making some new levels and good ones, with no “filler” levels

and, btw, you caused some stir with that replay, good job!  :thumbsup:
(I wouldn't call it trivial because only a few people solved it even that way)

---
oh one more thing: Garjen.com always brings up some virus message when I click on it so be careful.  ???

-Hakuin Ekaku