Author Topic: Lemmix Level Pack Topic  (Read 146803 times)

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
Re: Lemmix Level Pack Topic
« Reply #150 on: May 29, 2011, 01:09:18 PM »
Here is my 5th pack fo lemmini. I need somewhere to put them now lemmings heaven is down/dead.  :(

EDIT: Its back up now!  :D

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: The NEW Level Database - upload your levels here!
« Reply #151 on: January 08, 2012, 09:25:43 PM »
I'll assume this is an appropriate place to post this. I uploaded a level set if anyone is interested (called TM1)
http://lemmings-db.camanis.net/levelpack/agpsZW1taW5ncy0zchALEglMZXZlbFBhY2sYkU4M/

First 5 levels are originals by me. the others are sort of remakes of levels from Revolution.
I'd like to make many more in the future. (hopefully make them harder too).
they're more of a test than anything by me to see how this all works. the first one utilizes glitch to work. Although the way it turned out i had to place the steel in such a way that makes it...
 well I'll talk about it if anybody is interested. let me know if you have a problem playing them. It's probably mistakes I made, I'm just learning to use this.

And I figured out the steel problem [that i posted about in help]. I just made many small pieces of steel instead of making one big piece. Thanks for the help.

also I wanna say thank you to the creators of this program. when I was a lot younger I use to draw my own levels on paper. Now I can do it for real.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The NEW Level Database - upload your levels here!
« Reply #152 on: January 10, 2012, 10:22:46 AM »
I'll assume this is an appropriate place to post this.
Well it's not at all obvious from the board layout, but the best place for new levelpacks is the Lemmix Levelpack Topic.

Overall these are pretty solid puzzles, not too trivial and using some nice tricks. I like level 5 especially, it's quite a bit harder than it appears at first. It could possibly be compressed to reduce the time spent building though - this tends to bug players, especially since the original levels were very builder-heavy :-\.

As for the Revolution levels, I can't really comment on how well they're remade since I haven't played the originals.

On the technical side, I noticed levels 3 and 4 have objects outside the level boundaries. This happens when you put an interactive object (entrances, traps etc) too high, or off the left side of the level (y<0 or x<-16). If you notice one of these disappearing between saving and loading, that's why - the editor incorrectly interprets the position as being way off the bottom or right of the level. You can find these via the the level list (F9).

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The NEW Level Database - upload your levels here!
« Reply #153 on: January 10, 2012, 10:15:12 PM »
alright after I add more levels and spruce it up a bit I'll post it there.

thanx for the comments as well. Any criticisms or advice on making levels more harder/ or interesting is welcome.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 12, 2012, 02:04:16 AM »
here's  my small level set:
http://lemmings-db.camanis.net/levelpack/agpsZW1taW5ncy0zchALEglMZXZlbFBhY2sYk04M/
I added a few more but forgot to fix the objects outside of boundaries  :( but it doesnt effect the gameplay as far as I know. if anyone plays this and finds a problem let me know. (or suggestions too)

btw, I played some other people's levels here. sweet jesus. They are hard!  :o wow, good work. those'll take some time to figure out. I got here kinda late...

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 12, 2012, 02:48:10 AM »
You didn't happen to pick up a pack called '1tseug', did you? That set is notorious for being insanely hard ;)

The objects outside level boundaries don't matter, as long as you play the level in Lemmix, which most people do. It's only a problem if you play in CustLemm (and even then it might be ok, I forget since I hardly used it).

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 12, 2012, 10:12:51 PM »
I was playing ISteve10's and I'm working on the first level. is this a good place to ask for hints?
then I was looking at Gronklem's #1. An invisible level!  :o :XD: that's a good idea tho.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 12, 2012, 10:33:37 PM »
Ah, yes. This is a good thread to ask for hints, and I have written helpfiles for most of my sets (All but 8 and 9 I think). Let me see if I can pull up the hints file for ISteve10, one second.

Edit:: Found the file.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 12, 2012, 11:30:15 PM »
awesome  8)

darn, I thought of the idea behind "I am AT" (what does that title mean btw?) but once again... I'm late to the party

I also am trying ClamSpam01, 'fall and die". I feel like I'm almost there.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 13, 2012, 12:35:55 AM »
AT was the alias of the guy that headed the development of the Genesis/Megadrive version, that's all. It was the Japanese company Sunsoft that developed it. You see his name during the end credits if you complete the last level.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 16, 2012, 01:03:21 AM »

I'm playing through Insane Steve's level sets. On 1 right now, (I decided to go in order) and beat the first 3.
I wonder, Insane Steve, if my solution to number 3 ("It's not that easy I'm afraid") is intended or not:

make first lem a climber and bomber to leave a hole in the thin platform on the left side. Make second lem climber and build up to the thin platform, then mine away some more of the thin platform to make more room then build a second time to get up it. Wait till he gets up climbs up and over to the other side then when he turns around mine him down to free everybody. This solution saves all but one.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 16, 2012, 03:58:28 PM »
There's a few ways to do that level, but to my knowledge all of them use the first step of the climber bomb then build to the platform.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 17, 2012, 11:51:21 PM »
I'm up to set 2 level 6. My favorites were Watch Ye Step and Flugtag. Very nice.
The only one I skipped over/couldn't solve was 'why can't they just run?'
Is a stuck climber part of the solution? If not then I'm really lost.  :XD:

EDIT: I forgot you wrote a hint file somewhere, but that's only for ISteve10

on 'Betcha can't save just one' is a stuck climber glitch part of the solution here too? I solved this level btw, I saved just 1.
[the leftmost one gets stuck in the wall on his right and climbs up to the exit there and bashes to it]

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 21, 2012, 02:16:43 AM »
I actually have hint files for all sets but I think 7 8 and 9. If you go to http://www.garjen.co.uk/Lemmings.php you'll get them.

Set 1 level 10's intended route is unfair, but there is a way to do it properly if I recall correctly. Actually most of the level 10s in my sets require obscure, unintuitive behavior to pass.

Betcha Can't Save Just One is supposed to be done differently, I didn't know that terrain setup would behave like that when I made the level.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 21, 2012, 04:06:14 AM »
It isn't nuke glitch it is it? (for" Why can't they just run?") I thought of that but kinda seems pointless to create a user-made level like that unless you intended these to be played on a real DOS box version. I tried nuking but I can't even really see if that works because the lemmix tester doesn't tell give you a win screen (or can you tell if a nuke glitch worked in the  percent on the bottom bar?) Idk how/don't feel like putting the level into the Lemmix player.

the stuck climber glitch comes really close... Even if it's not the solution I wanna keep trying for it that way. I really don't mind "cheap" levels btw, there actually refreshing. A little lateral thinking is good for the brain  ;).

thanx for showing me that link btw, good site.

-Hakuin Ekaku