Author Topic: Lemmix Level Pack Topic  (Read 146812 times)

Offline Yawg

• View Profile
Re: Lemmix Level Pack Topic
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2009, 06:07:24 AM »
As long as we're throwing individual levels in the ring, I'd like to find out if my latest level (which will Ideally end up in my 7th level pack) is as airtight as it appears. General feedback (comments unrelated to the hordes of back routes Clam spammer and Ccexplore will most likely find  :P) is welcome too.
Finally released my 6th level pack! Ten levels intended to push you quite a bit beyond the expectations of Mayhem/Havoc; check 'em out and let me know what you think!

http://camanis.net/lemmings/levelpacks.php?info&pack=174

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2009, 06:23:17 AM »
cc's on holiday, so you're stuck with me. (I'm sure you won't mind :P)

That's a tough level right there. I found a solution that doesn't use the miner, but I'm guessing this is intended. Thanks to the miner one-way bug (if nothing else), this level appears to be safe.

As for general comments: it's a nice clean design, the steel and one-way arrows look fine (these have the potential to be really messy if not used well), and the ceiling decoration is a nice touch.

(I wonder where you got this idea from...  ;))

Offline Yawg

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2009, 06:40:53 AM »
Wow, that didn't take long at all. Though I wasn't really expecting it to stump you at least   :D. I realized you could do without the miner earlier today, but couldn't come up with a clean way of forcing its inclusion in the solution. I've found that the basher timing is slightly easier if you use the miner, however, as a result of the shape of the tunnel.

The idea actually came to me after reading something someone mentioned in another thread about builder/basher interactions, but I'm pretty sure I may have encountered it at some point in someone else's level.

Perhaps it was one of yours?  :P
Finally released my 6th level pack! Ten levels intended to push you quite a bit beyond the expectations of Mayhem/Havoc; check 'em out and let me know what you think!

http://camanis.net/lemmings/levelpacks.php?info&pack=174

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2009, 07:11:15 AM »
I did make a level where bashers interact with other skills in an unusual way, but not with builders. Maybe the level you're thinking of is geoo's "Everything you don't need".

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2009, 01:43:24 PM »
Leviathan made a level called "How to evacuate a gold mine ?" (BASHBEND.dat) to explicitely show off this basher behaviour; as well as tseug, who obscured the solution a bit and required making use of builders for that effect. I also made one for Cheapo once.

But I really like this one, as it is very clean and nicely designed and the idea very well embedded into the terrain so that barely one builder is required in the end.

[...]
I knew putting that triangle at the end of the ext's platform would haunt me -- I love to put things like that in my levels to try to hide the real route expect like 99% of the time it actually opens up an easier route, hahaha. At least that looks like a fairly simple to fix backroute -- even lowering the height of the collection pit on the right would do it.
[...]
I found a few more backroutes making use of your red herrings.
(After the first solution I read up the first line of your description to check back, which was already a big enough giveaway to make me find the intended solution. This is why my solution '2' is not attached, as it is the intended solution.)

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2009, 08:52:57 PM »
So let's see...

1) is very similar to Clam's solution. The same fix I made for that one should work there.
3) is hilariously awesome. I never expected that way or a variant of to be possible. Again, though, that doesn't seem that hard to fix.
4) is quite clever. I like solution 4 and might not bother to fix it.

Also the intended solution may be possible with 1 digger if a floater is used for the purpose of the other one (EDIT: 1 digger confirmed possible for intended solution) -- in that case I don't know if you can repeat 4 with a single digger, but I'd not be that surprised.

I'm just happy no "Let's Go Camping" style backroutes were possible. At, least, I don't think...

Thanks for showing me all those routes.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Joemon

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2009, 11:27:56 AM »
Hi, I loved Lemmings when I was younger and yes Custlemm has gone down but I got two levelpaks completed, with a third in the making. How do I upload them to the Lemmings file archive?

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2009, 02:32:16 AM »
I'm incredibly slow at making levels, yet I don't want to wait for ages to release a complete levelpack, so here you'll get the first 2 levels I made for my next pack.
And here's the twist: No glitches! You heard right, no glitches are required to solve these levels.

I don't think they are overly hard, but as the creator it's difficult to estimate. Hope there are no backroutes, but I'd sure be interested in replays/descriptions if you solve these levels.
Enjoy.

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2009, 02:41:41 AM »
Nice, downloading.

For my current levelpack I'm going for zero glitches in the entire pack, also. Which is funny because like every level 10 in my past packs have been mega-glitchy and unfair  :P

EDIT: Solved About to Break, nice level. I didn't use the bomber, is this intended?
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2009, 03:03:00 AM »
Neato :thumbsup:

For some time now I've been looking for a good way to use the trick required for "One step off", but I just haven't been able to build a decent level around it. This, however, is very good.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2009, 03:11:28 AM »
I hope you used it twice. ;)
I didn't put too much effort in hiding the use of it, I hope it wasn't too obvious to you. ;) I rather concentrated on getting a clean design.

And yeah, the bomber is not required in the first level.

Actually, the last level in my previous packs each required a glitch not well known back then. I still have that level "Inversive Surplus" using some obscure mechanics; but I could put it into this pack as it has an elegant backroute siergiej on the previous incarnation of the forum found. So it could be still considered glitch free, yet not break the pattern of the last level.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2009, 03:21:31 AM »
I hope you used it twice. ;)

Umm... no. Just once, I'm afraid. :D

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2009, 04:56:41 AM »
Uhh guys... WHERES THE LEMMINGS LEVEL PICTURES!
sry for yelling

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2009, 07:10:42 AM »
Another new level completed! (Yes, it's another "squeeze through the trap so only one lemming dies" level. :P) Those of you who have played the Official Lemmings Companion levels may appreciate the title...

I've been posting my levels in the fangame thread lately, and I have no idea what's going on there and no one seems to have noticed my new/remade levels. So, I'll post them here like everyone else. Attached is a pack containing my 4 recently built levels.

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2009, 09:25:02 AM »
Downloaded them, I'll see if I can make any progress with those. Still nothing from me on geoo's other level, I just don't see it yet  ???

Pack 10 of mine may be out sooner than I thought. I've already got 4 levels and have ideas for a couple more. Backroute testing should be interesting, though. And, despite years of time off, my inability to make levels that don't have straight pieces everywhere is still present. YES no dirt/rock/snow levels from me EVER
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano