Author Topic: Lemmix Level Pack Topic  (Read 146738 times)

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Lemmix Level Pack Topic
« on: May 25, 2009, 02:21:33 AM »
Custlemm is largely a thing of the past, so now it's the Lemmix levelpack topic. Hope you're not too upset by this (I can change it back if you really want  :()

Our levelpacks are available for download on the Lemmings File Archive. (Mr K. - can you please put a link to this site on the front page?) If you make any new levelpacks, this is the place to put them.

Eric Lang's fantastic Lemmings level editor and player, Lemmix, can be downloaded from this site.

Offline Tim

• Skype name: timfoxxy
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmix Level Pack Topic
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 03:53:42 AM »
I agreee for it to be Lemmix instead of Custlemm. I unfortunately had to be left out of the old thread simply because I couldnt use Custlemm in Windows Vista. But now the problem for me will be getting used to how it all works with level packs :P

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 06:48:44 AM »
I have a new level pack underway, with 4 levels done so far. It will include "A step too far?" which I posted in Dullstar's fangame thread, and will contain levels that could be part of a new fangame if we ever make one. In other words, I'm making easier levels now :).

I still have some ideas for "glitch levels" of the sort we've become used to lately, but I think I'll put those aside for now.

Offline The Doctor

• Jason the Human
    • View Profile
    • zapzupnz.com
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 10:49:11 AM »
I vote it be a hybrid thread, "DOS-based File Format Level Pack Topic" or something. Lol.

Because on non-Windows platforms, it's easier to play games in DOSBox. Can't be one-sided here, as not all of us run Windows. (Where's Covox to finish up his Tundra anyway?) I play levels in CustLemm in DOSBox on my Mac, using a front end.

This Lemmings forum is simply *fabulous*!

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 06:18:26 PM »
Custlemm is dead.
I can't even get it to work that well, really.  Its only use these days is for Linux.

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 08:27:42 PM »
Does Lemmix run in WINE, perhaps?  Just a thought.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 08:29:49 PM »
The level editor part?  Maybe, haven't tried it.
The playing levels part?  No.  It doesn't work.

Offline Fleech

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 09:49:36 PM »
As mentioned on the welcome thread I've decided to have a look at my old level pack and finally get around to updating it.

There were several levels with complex solutions that were a nightmare when it came to backroutes so I've removed them from the pack. The five that are left are ordered according to how likely I think it is that there are backroutes, with the least likely first. Hopefully none of them will have any of course!

Hope you like them. ;)

Offline -H0ru5-

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 05:42:21 PM »
The name of the topic works for me. It wasn't easy but I get used to it - Custlemm was WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) and liked it for this feature very much. Of course I see now it's far better.

I'll have a try with the new packs, but currently making my pack (95% completed)... and playing Clam's tame challenges...  :scared:

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 07:49:24 PM »
Fleech what's those circles that is covering a small part of the level?
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline -H0ru5-

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 08:40:00 PM »

They are terrain pieces, and their function is to fill gaps, usually. Not the most decorative...  :-\ But maybe it's an autograph  :)

Fleech: sorry, I feel I backrouted... some of them  :D
I'll send you some fresh replays when I can.  ;) Would you give me your e-adress?

Offline The Doctor

• Jason the Human
    • View Profile
    • zapzupnz.com
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 09:21:17 PM »
Custlemm is dead.
I can't even get it to work that well, really.  Its only use these days is for Linux.

Not quite dead. Don't assume something isn't used because you don't use it yourself. :P

But yeah, useful on Linux, BSD, Solaris, OS X... I even have it on my Wii. :P I try out the levels on that these days. xD
This Lemmings forum is simply *fabulous*!

Offline Fleech

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 10:04:14 PM »

They are terrain pieces, and their function is to fill gaps, usually. Not the most decorative...  :-\ But maybe it's an autograph  :)

Fleech: sorry, I feel I backrouted... some of them  :D
I'll send you some fresh replays when I can.  ;) Would you give me your e-adress?

sb687 <at> hotmail <dot> com

I'm not sure why I keep putting circles in my levels, I don't even like them. :P

Thanks for trying them. I do try to find the backroutes but I don't seem to be very good at it! You should have seen how many geoo* found when I first uploaded them. :XD:

(* I think it was geoo. It was a couple of years ago so I can't really remember.)

Offline -H0ru5-

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 12:29:13 AM »
I sent them, check your mails.
I'm not sure if there are no more leftover utilities or backroutes - that was just a skimming.
I liked the 5th level but don't know how could I save an extra lemming.  :D
4th was a pain because of the enlargemented steel areas but the main idea is interesting and hard to find despite its simple look.
EDIT: only 1 pixel above the steel piece? Nothing then, it's completely ethic...  :-[

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 12:49:45 AM »
Once I finish Epic02, which isn't done yet, there's going to be a level that can stump you if you don't look around.  Normally, it wouldn't work, but there's a catch, if you can find it.

Do you know your steel physics?  ;)