Author Topic: Level of the Year 2023: Playing Phase  (Read 315 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Level of the Year 2023: Playing Phase
« on: April 14, 2024, 04:34:58 PM »
Alright, so nominations are now closed. Before we open the voting, we first offer a period to play the levels again, to familiarize yourself with those you haven't yet played and review those you have.

The list of nominated levels can be found in the nominations topic, I see no need to duplicate it here. It also contains information on where to find these levels outside of my compilation here.

Download links:

- NL Levelpack of all nominated levels.

All Lix nominations are attached to this post!

Every author with 3 or more levels in this category gets an own rank in the pack. At the end there is a mixed rank for the leftover levels. Extract the zip file inside the main NL folder.

- Music tacks

The custom music tacks of the nominated levels. Extract the zip file inside the main NL folder.

- Replay collection

Some gathered replays from a few of the nominated levels. As this was optional, only a part of the pack is covered here.

All styles should be accesible over the standard NL styles library!

Playing phase will end: May 31th 2024

General level feedback and solution replays can be posted here in the topic if you want! Have fun playing! :)

If there are any errors I've made in the collection, don't hesitate to inform me here! As a reminder: This pack is nothing more than an optional service I provide as an attempt to make all nominated levels more easily accessible.

Offline Turrican

• View Profile
Re: Level of the Year 2023: Playing Phase
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 06:36:09 PM »
 Recently Ryemanni , has updated his styles, something that has affected one of my levels , that is in the LOTY pack ( Cyberlems2555 ), that contains tiles , from some of these tilesets.

Because , the way the terrain of the level is affected by the updated styles , the gameplay of the level , is affected too.

In that case a fix is needed on the level , so here , I have uploaded , a fixed version of the level.

The fixed version of the level , works without issues , in both the newer versions , of the styles by Ryemanni , and in the older ones , too.
My Youtube channel ( Turrican Lemm )  :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYGFBOHdYITHlsqa203Tu8Q

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2024, 09:07:32 PM »
Updated the pack with Turrican's new version of the level.

Offline Pieuw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2024, 05:36:50 AM »
Awesome!
I took some time last night and played a few levels by Armani. I solved the first three levels which were quite excellent once I understood what the frick frack was going on (I'm not familiar at all with the "new" stuff :crylaugh:). Level 2 especially was confusing at first. But I enjoyed it in the end :thumbsup: now stuck on level 4, I'll keep going later.

Offline Turrican

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2024, 10:36:41 PM »
Here is a new version of "Cyberlems2555" . It contains the needed modifications , that allows it to maintain it's original look , even if you have the new version , of the styles by Ryemanni installed.

In order for the level to work , you will need to put in your styles folder , the new version of the ''turrican_special'' tileset , that is also included in this post.

Many thanks to Ryemanni , who gave me his permission , to include the needed tiles , in the tileset! :thumbsup:
My Youtube channel ( Turrican Lemm )  :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYGFBOHdYITHlsqa203Tu8Q