Author Topic: Great Migration No. 2  (Read 7026 times)

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
Great Migration No. 2
« on: June 03, 2006, 11:52:37 AM »
A massive proportion of us have been experiencing extremely bad lags, including myself, and it's about time we should move - as soon as possible - to another forum on another server. It's pretty clear the server we're on is on its last legs. Probably the best place to go would be Mr. KSoft's forum, as it seems considerably more stable than this one.

*leads the way*

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
Re: Great Migration No. 2
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 02:28:39 AM »
Wow!  I actually managed to access this forum for the first time in quite a while!

Anyway, that's a great idea, as long as the posts in this forum can still be accessed. &#A0;I don't particularly want to lose two years worth of posts on this forum! &#A0;I was at another forum that had a similar problem when they switched servers, and they were fortunately able to archive some of their most important threads. &#A0;Maybe we can do the same.

I'm not going to register for the new forum just yet, though. &#A0;I'm going to wait and see what the majority of the people here decide to do first. &#A0;I'll be stopping by frequently, though.

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 07:16:34 PM »
For some reason I don't feel like leaving.  The lag is tolerable, to me at least.  Also, we've invested a lot in this place, and there is some odd issue of loyalty involved here as well that I can't quite really place.  *stays here*.

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 07:16:50 PM »
For some reason I don't feel like leaving.  The lag is tolerable, to me at least.  Also, we've invested a lot in this place, and there is some odd issue of loyalty involved here as well that I can't quite really place.  *stays here*.

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 07:17:31 PM »

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 07:18:02 PM »

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 10:33:23 PM »
LOL, I think Tim just inadvertently demonstrated thru his triple-posting why we should switch. ;)

I only wish there's a way to migrate the existing posts onto KSoft's board. Oh well.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 05:06:15 PM »
Quote from: ccexplore link=1149335565/0#6 date=1149546803
LOL, I think Tim just inadvertently demonstrated thru his triple-posting why we should switch. ;)

I only wish there's a way to migrate the existing posts onto KSoft's board. Oh well.

You can always save off the important ones as HTML. I know, not ideal, but for example, in the CustLemm Level List Game, no one is referring back to the first hundred pages very often. The same goes for most threads really, only the last couple pages are relevant for further discussion (The latest updates on Lemmini, etc.). We can always restart the thread with a brief summary of the most important discussion or something. (For CustLemm Level List Game, I could compile the list of the packs we've reviewed. For Lemmings Challenges, post the highest scores for each level, etc.)