Author Topic: Most difficult level of Authors  (Read 7184 times)

Offline Isu

• View Profile
Most difficult level of Authors
« on: July 01, 2006, 07:17:57 PM »
Help me out a bit. I'm suffering with "new created topics" withdrawl syptoms. :laugh:

This is simple. Just list what you think is the hardest level of the authors.

I'll go first:

Insane Steve: Probably "The Top shelf", or "The Mon0lith" I'm like :huh: with both of them...
Nuntar: Hmmmm, I'm not too sure...
Isu: The Sanjeeb Ruins...     ...I think...
geoo89: Down the pipes.
Steaver: That Blasted road to lemming high.
Conway: This little corner of the universe. <- most definitely
Ice_Eagle: "Crazy Sodoku" is extemely unfair.

There's probably more, I'd list them later.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Most difficult level of Authors
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 08:30:17 PM »
Nuntar: Hmmmm, I'm not too sure...
That would be because my most difficult level, "Zorn's Lemming", hasn't been publicly released yet. Which reminds me that I should get working on it again.

I'm afraid I don't have much else to contribute to this topic; I haven't come within sight of solving most people's most difficult levels.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 10:18:10 PM »
That's a point very difficult to judge, especially if you didn't play resp. solve all levels of an author yet. (I suppose you wouldn't consider 'Down the pipes' the hardest level of mine if you solved all.  :wink:)
Assuming that it's only meant Cheapo here:
Insane Steve: Excluding Mario Party Tribute, since 3M is the only one I didn't solve yet (and Ramico returns which I didn't try much actually), it should be this; for the time required to solve it's the Mon0lith.
Ahribar: Hard to say since I didn't solve all levels yet, but out of the unsolved ones; Zorn's lemming and Rhapsody in blue seem to be hard. (Spent quite some time on the latter, and finding a backroute for the former took some time as well)
For the other authors, I didn't play resp. solve enough (should be more than just a half) levels yet to judge that , there are THAT many levels...and there are quite a couple of hard ones amongst them.

Ice_Eagle

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 10:43:59 PM »
Ice_Eagle: "Crazy Sudoku" is extemely unfair.

Yeah, but levels like "Warp Spiral" from my first set and "Just Lemming Cakes..." in my upcoming fourth set are challenging levels.

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 06:04:32 AM »
Ice_Eagle: "Crazy Sudoku" is extemely unfair.

Thanks for pointing that one out, I was sure it was spelt with an 'O'

(I suppose you wouldn't consider 'Down the pipes' the hardest level of mine if you solved all. :wink:)

Well, I guess you could be right, but at least that's the one that I've spent the most time on.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 09:11:00 PM »
That's a point very difficult to judge, especially if you didn't play resp. solve all levels of an author yet. (I suppose you wouldn't consider 'Down the pipes' the hardest level of mine if you solved all.? :wink:)

Keep in mind though that in some of your levels part of the difficulty comes from using obscure tricks/glitches.? Though I guess I still probably wouldn't consider "down the pipes" the hardest even with that taken in mind.

And I always see two distinct kinds of difficulty (though a level can have both at the same time):? difficulty in finding the solution and difficulty in executing it.

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007, 06:15:25 AM »
Hm, you find "The Long Road To Lemming High" hard? I guess you're referring to the version from the Fewer Builders challenge then(or the 100% version if I ever released that), as the regular version is pretty easy.

Anyway, if you want something hard from me, check the new topic I just made("Heh, I love it when this happens...").

In my opinion, it's either When Hell Freezes Over (from my Windows remake) or To The End! (from Lemmings Plus 3). Oblivion (from Ultimate Challenge 3) and its variants(mainly Temple of Oblivion, the others are kinda different and easier) would also be contenders, except that by now /everyone/ knows the trick, I think.

QBeez

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 04:30:59 PM »
For myself I think it's either "The Core of Lemmingland" or "DO NOT ENTER".