Author Topic: Sunsoft Levels  (Read 7678 times)

kyevan

Sunsoft Levels
« on: August 15, 2007, 01:30:44 AM »
I was trying to figure out how many Lemmings levels there are total, and hit a snag: I dunno if the Sunsoft levels are shared!

Are the 5 sunsoft levels in SNES also in the Genesis version?

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
Re: Sunsoft Levels
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 05:31:22 AM »
Sega Genesis has, not only Present and Sunsoft ratings that contain 60 new levels, but also 41 different levels that replace 41 original levels in all the normal ratings. Some other levels have different names but are still the same.

The SNES version has a different level 21 of rating Tricky that replaces "All the 6's" level and that is called: "Ohayo Lemming san!". The SNES version has also a Sunsoft rating that contains 5 levels.
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 06:53:31 AM »

Yes they are.  This website have screenshots of all levels from many versions of Lemmings, including SNES and Genesis:

http://www.deveria.com/alexis/lemmings/

kyevan

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 01:37:12 PM »
The SNES version has a different level 21 of rating Tricky that replaces "All the 6's" level and that is called: "Ohayo Lemming san!".
Jeeze, how many Tricky 21's are there!?

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 03:06:11 AM »
Ohayo Lemming san! is unique to the SNES version.

kyevan

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 03:19:43 AM »
Yes, but then there's the Mac version, I think Genisis replaced it, etc...

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 01:43:12 AM »
Yeah, "Going their separate ways" is also unique to the Mac version. However, you can get the Dos version of that level right there.

OneWeirdDude

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 04:40:16 AM »
I was trying to figure out how many Lemmings levels there are total, and hit a snag: I dunno if the Sunsoft levels are shared!

It turns out that they are these:
SNESGenesis
SUNSOFT SPECIAL 1SUNSOFT 27: Two heads are better...
SUNSOFT SPECIAL 2SUNSOFT 29: I am A.T.
SUNSOFT SPECIAL 3Present 29: Private room available
SUNSOFT SPECIAL 4Present 30: Final Impediment
SUNSOFT SPECIAL 5Mayhem 30: Lemmings' Ark
...assuming Planet Lemmings is accurate.

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 11:54:22 AM »

The Master System version of Lemmings has special levels too, but I don't know if there were built by Sunsoft. They are called "Sega One" to "Sega Five", and they have their own scenarios, consisting on the "Sega" logo, metal pipes, rubber bungs, taps, azulejos... It seems like a bathroom or a kitchen. I have planned so many times make available this levels for the Cheapo Copycat or another level editor, but I don't know if someone has this project in mind nowadays.

Also there are other levels unpublished on other systems, for example, Fun #23, called "Go For It" (it has the Hell scenery), and the Taxing level called "What An Awesome Level", that is absolutely different from the original: this has the "futuristic" set.

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 12:49:17 PM »
I'll try to list all the significant differences I can remember from the SMS version... (other than the amount of lemmings)

I've bolded the levels that are entirely new, although Mayhem 17 and 21 are debatable as to whether they're new or not... (Mayhem 17 is identical to Mayhem 21 of the PC version in terms of layout, but the skills and solution are entirely different, whereas Mayhem 21 is completely identical to the PC version's Taxing 21, except for the standard stuff for SMS version(no more than 20 lemmings, different graphics, etc) and the name)

Fun
11 - Keep Your Hair On Mr Lemming (no builders, IIRC no miners or diggers)
13 - We All Fall Down (release rate 20)
14 - Origins and Lemmings (no floaters)
16 - Don't do anything too hasty (requires landing on the first spike before building up to the exit)
17 - Easy When You Know How (only one trap, not four, no floaters)
20 - Sega One (entirely new level)
22 - Go For It (entirely new level)
23 - I've Lost That Lemming Feeling (no hidden exit, less flames that kill the lemmings)
24 - Konbanwa Lemming-San (no trap, even though you can still see it it does nothing)
26 - Sega Two (entirely new level)
27 - Let's be careful out there (just one miner and the level is solved)

Tricky
2 - We All Fall Down (release rate 40)
10 - There's a lot of them about (view starts on one of the entrances instead of the middle... or is it in the middle? opposite of the PC version anyway)
14 - Menace (entirely new level, even though the name is the same)
16 - Luvly Jubly (due to an extra steel block in the Sega version, you have two bashers)
19 - Postcard from Lemmingland (you have a blocker and a bomber and you can lose one lemming, even though 100% is still possible without using either)
21 - Sixes Not! (entirely new level, kind of... it's still three 6s in the fire style, but they're made of smooth blocks instead of rocks, you only have 20 of each skill and 20 lemmings, still requires 66% though (in practice, since you can't acheive 66% and it won't pass you for 65%, it requires 70%)
23 - From The Boundary Line (release rate is 50, not 99)
25 - Sega Three (entirely new level)

Taxing
2 - Watch Out, There's Traps About (there's only one trap, the one in the ground to the right of the entrances, the other one of these traps and the squasher are not present)
3 - Heaven Can Wait We Hope (see Fun 16, also, no brackets in the title :P)
4 - Lend A Helping Hand (no traps)
6 - Compression Method 1 (see Fun 17)
11 - The Ascending Pillar Scenario (although it isn't DIFFERENT, the time limit is much more challenging in this version)
13 - Upside Down World (although the layout is basically the same, the level is a lot smoother and lacks a trap, I think the skills differ slightly too)
15 - What An Awesome Level (entirely new level, even though the name is the same)
17 - X Marks The Spot (see Fun 23)
21 - Sega Four (entirely new level)
22 - Come On Over To My Place (see Fun 27)
23 - King Of The Castle (requires 100%)
24 - Take A Running Jump (can't get up to where the "jump" is(except by building up to it), you have two diggers and a basher as well as builders, the fall near the start is unsurvivable)
28 - Poor Wee Creatures (no traps)
30 - Sega Five (entirely new level)
(Yes, Taxing doesn't have a We All Fall Down in the sega version)

Mayhem
1 - Steel Works (the first fall kills the lemmings as well as the second, unlike in *some* PC versions, however you have enough floaters for every lemming)
2 - The Boiler Room (you have enough room to build up and past the flame, rather than having to bomb through)
3 - It's Hero Time (see Fun 24)
4 - The Crossroads (requires 100%)
9 - Sega One (entirely new level)
10 - Pillars Of Hercules (not new, but notable for being the second level on the Sega version to require a % not ending in 0 or 5, like Tricky 21 it requires 66%, so in practice the requirement is 70%)
11 - We All Fall Down (release rate 80)
12 - Sega Two (entirely new level)
13 - Sega Three (entirely new level)

14 - Pea Soup (instead of croutons, there are blocks above the soup)
15 - The Fast Food Kitchen (see Tricky 10)
16 - Just A Minute (you have two minutes, and the little platform is too low to bash to the exit from)
17 - Stepping Stones (entirely new level despite having the same name, it's a harder version of Tricky 12, it's different than Mayhem 21 in the PC version though)
18 - Sega Four (entirely new level)

20 - No Added Colours Or Lemmings (you have three builders, it takes two to cross the gap)
21 - With A Twist Of Lemming Please (not exactly an entirely new level, it's identical to Taxing 21 from the PC version, even though it has the same name as the PC version's Mayhem 21)
22 - Nearly There (entirely new level)

23 - Going Up (no trap)
27 - Just A Minute Part Two (you have two minutes, also the little platform isn't missing, but again it's too low - in effect, the two Just A Minutes are identical in the SMS version, apart from extra skills that have no relevance to the solution)
28 - Mind The Step (possibly the trap doesn't work, as with Fun 24 / Mayhem 3, I've never actually let the lemming walk into it so I can't say for sure)
29 - Sega Five (entirely new level)
30 - Rendezvous At The Mountain (no traps)

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 07:50:23 AM »

I've found in this web site: http://www.smspower.org/maxim/maps/lemmings.html

all the screenshots of the Master System's Lemmings levels. I'll build some of them w/ Lemmix/Lemedit, but only the ones that seems unpublished (like "Sixes Not!" & "Nearly there" -I didn't notice before this was made only for the Master System...). The other ones seems to be only slightly different.

By the way, now I know someone made the "Sega" levels & "Go For It" to run in Lemmini. Less work for me... :laugh:

Rec_rm

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2008, 03:19:13 AM »
Ok based on the information provided here and a bit of spreadsheet work on my part I think that brings the total official lemmings levels in all games up to 988 (adventure of lomax, two player and eye toy levels not counted). This count only includes the bold changed levels for the SMS and assumes no new levels included in commodore 64, nes, and gameboy versions. My previous total was 998 but this topic has helped me clear up some misconceptions about the sega versions. Thanks.

By the way I'm new here but have loved the lemmings games since I was a small child. According to the same spreadsheet I've completed 46.16% of all lemmings levels ever made.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2008, 06:40:26 AM »
Welcome here! :laugh:

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 06:01:33 PM »
About the Sega ones - Mayhem 21 does appear in other versions, just in a different place and with a different name.

The four levels that replace the special graphics levels, I've heard they also appear in some Amiga versions.

Dunno if you already counted that or not.