Author Topic: Two interesting games based on "The Incredible Machine"  (Read 4420 times)

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
Two interesting games based on "The Incredible Machine"
« on: February 11, 2008, 10:10:11 AM »

Hi 2 everyone:

I'm a big lover of puzzling games, and I specially enjoy very much the Lemmings & The Incredible Machine sagas; I consider both the Everest of puzzle videogames  :laugh:.

A month ago I found this two like-The Incredible Machine games and I think they are pretty cool:

Armadillo Run - http://www.armadillorun.com/
(and it's Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armadillo_Run)

Crayon Physics - http://www.kloonigames.com/blog/games/crayon
(and it's Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crayon_Physics)

The first one is more deliberately based on The Incredible Machine goals, but includes some surprises, while the second one it's amazingly original, and it's simplicity of graphics, controls and targets makes it a cute game. I've found it even a metaphysic game!  :thumbsup: (sorry if I turned out too much pedantic, hehe)

What do you think about them?

Anatol

Re: Two interesting games based on "The Incredible Machine"
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 05:04:21 PM »
I remember playing Crayon Physics awhile back. A pretty cool idea for a game!  8)

I'll have to check out Armadillo Run when I get the chance. I haven't played Incredible Machine for years!

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 06:10:20 AM »
Seems really nice. I played EVERY "The Incredible Machine" games and these new ones seem interesting. Too bad we need to pay for playing full version of Armadillo... Crayon Physics looks nice, I should try.
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 07:36:55 AM »

The Incredible Machine sagas are wonderful videogames. I played last year the almost-latest version: Return of the Incredible Machine: Contraptions, and I found it was as hard and addictive as the MS-DOS first games.
Recently I downloaded The Even More Incredible Machine, but it seems to only work fine in Windows 3.11; I could not run it in Windows XP. Do you know if there's a patch/program like DosBox, but for 3.11 interfaces?

And about the payment... just don't bother... I know I should not say this, but... uh... maybe I have found on the Internet a little and useful program that can make totally playable the Armadillo Run game... Only for... uh... testing the whole game, of course!  :laugh:...

So if any of you wants it, I can lend you, hehe...

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 01:18:17 AM »
Why not? You can PM me if you want to.

About "The Even More Incredible Machine", simply run the game under Dosbox as it's a Dos based game.

Yeah, "Return of the Incredible Machine : Contraptions". I have it, but the bad thing about it is that it took the same levels of TIM2 and TIM3... Only a little bit of new levels have been added, so it's not worth it to buy the game. However, I've found on the web : "The Incredible Machine : Even More Contraptions" which is waaaaaaay much better! You have tons of brand new hard puzzles (and really hard ones)! :laugh: I wish Jeff Tunnell could do a 3D version of this game, this would rock!

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 07:33:40 AM »
Hi, click on this for the cr*ck to Armadillo Run: http://www.4shared.com/file/38159048/f8999598/Armadillo.html

Just download & replace it in the Armadillo instalation folder.

Enjoy!

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 07:51:06 PM »
Great! Thanks! :laugh:

Also, I have found an alternate game of Crayon Physics called : "Marker World" that is really nice too. You can get infos and the demo here.

doogle

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 10:30:45 PM »
Wow, that Armadillo one is amazing! Some of the things that have been made with that are just mind boggling!

QBeez

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 06:24:30 PM »
I only own ROTIM: C...I made 55 puzzles. My favorite is #36 "Sky Action". It involves getting Mel Schlemming to the sun.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 06:19:17 PM »
Then, maybe you could share them to us. Just go there :

TIM Exchange

BBP

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 06:38:43 PM »
D'ya know Sid & Al's Incredible Toons? Later re-made into The Incredible Toon Machine? It's the best!

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 06:06:46 AM »
Of course I know the game. I had "The Incredible Toons Machine" and completed all the levels.