Author Topic: Beta version of Pocket Lemmings released  (Read 10237 times)

zennehoy

Re: Beta version of Pocket Lemmings released
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2008, 02:55:57 PM »
on another note, would you consider releasing the source?  if you did, I'd consider porting it to the GP2X
Sure, though I have to admit the code, while starting out nice and clean, became pretty bloated towards the end...

The biggest difficulty I see in porting is that the game uses DirectDraw extensively, and I'm not sure if Hekkus Sound System supports the GP2X (actually I assume it probably won't). You are more than welcome to try though, and I'll help where I can. I'd be interested in getting it to run under Linux myself.

Ah, how I wish I had a newer Pocket PC.  I'm stuck with one running PPC2003 so I can't play this on there.
If it's possible to port to GP2X (or Linux), it should also be possible to port to PPC2003. Only the graphics code is likely to have to change, though I admit that pretty much everything is graphics code in one form or another... Most notably the terrain video buffer is used directly for lemming collision detection (though really its just a large chunk of memory).

I'll zip the sources when I get the chance, but I won't post the code publicly quite yet, as it's not in a state fit for the world to see. :P Send me an email and I'll reply with a link,
cheers,
Zen